PDA

View Full Version : Help on Hawker 1000 plz

jocksaway69
27th Jun 2007, 08:14
Hi all

Very quickly as I don't have much time. I have just been told I have an interview for a hawker 1000 co-pilot position (In 2 days). Anyone out there know a good website to obtain real data on the aircraft spec's and maybe operating procedures? Have done the usual google searches but nothing of much use comes up. Some sites even quote incorrect data such as mach no

Thanks in advance

FLEXJET
27th Jun 2007, 15:00
http://www.airplanedriver.net/study/bae-800.htm

You'll find a study guide for the 800, which I guess shares a lot with the 1000.

Also :
http://www.jetadvisors.com/aircrafts/hawker-1000.htm

doubleu-anker
28th Jun 2007, 11:43
Pray tell me why would you need to know about an A/C that you will have to be trained on, if you get the job, during interview? Would it not be best to wait until you are on the initial type rating course and then gain the required knowledge?

If these questions are asked during interview they must be short of relevant questions.

jocksaway69
29th Jun 2007, 01:46
So you don't need to go on praying..... I was informed by other pilots that sometimes a new company likes to see that you have a bit of drive and curiosity about the new aircraft you want to fly. In some cases I know they even want you to pay for a practice sim ride before attending. Sorry if me trying to cover all my bases and get my dream job has caused you to turn to the Lord.

PS interview today so if you could give a little nod to the man upstairs it couldn't hurt either :ok:

dss3000
29th Jun 2007, 02:50
As someone else mentioned, having a bit of info on the AC is a good idea, however you should not be expected to have any tech knowledge about it. On past interviews I had the tech questions were more geared to the current AC I was flying. Be sure to know all your memory items as this is usually a much more representation of your dedication/qualifications for the new employer.

Good luck and be yourself.

Cheers,

doubleu-anker
29th Jun 2007, 09:27
jocksaway69

Point taken. Good luck with the interview.

incipientspin
2nd Jul 2007, 13:44
Flexjet - "You'll find a study guide for the 800, which I guess shares a lot with the 1000."

Sorry flexjet but the 1000 is a completely different beast to the 800 with respect to nearly every system, i.e it runs FADEC's, an open bus tie system as well as a completely different fire protection.

Probably a little late but hope the interview went well.

If i can help with any other questions jocksaway, just pm me

jocksaway69
3rd Jul 2007, 00:25
Thanks all

Interview went well and waiting to hear fingers are well and truely crossed