PDA

View Full Version : A320 TR in Progress

Founder
27th Jun 2007, 07:54
Hi, I've just started my A320 TR at Sabena Flight Academy in Brussels and I must say that this is the best thing I've done during my lifetime...

The Aircraft is really incredible and you can tell that it's built with a focus around the pilot...

I'm also running a website that I'm updating every day, telling everyone what we've done during the days...

I'm also posting video as often as I can...

Here is the link:
http://web.mac.com/trokka/iWeb/A320TR

boogie-nicey
27th Jun 2007, 10:02
Very interesting and nice website too.... well done :D

wbryce
27th Jun 2007, 10:45
Thanks Founder, I always enjoy reading other peoples experiences.

boogie-nicey
27th Jun 2007, 14:17
Just a quick question regarding your blog. You state that after doing some CBT modules you are now X hrs ahead of schedule. I was under the impression that Type Ratings were done along a fixed course timetable as far as the CBT portion was concerned. Perhaps you are allowed to do it at your own pace. BTW are the instructors helpful and what hopes do you have about your Type Rating course ....?

sadath83
27th Jun 2007, 14:23
How much are u paying for the A320 TR ? do they offer job assistance after u complete ur training ?

boogie-nicey
27th Jun 2007, 15:04
Sadath Yaar, hailing from Bangalore you shouldn't have any problem getting a job back in good old India, especially as an Indian citizen.

Good luck ...:O

Founder
27th Jun 2007, 15:59
As an answer to your question, no we have a reccomended schedule that we're supposed to follow but if we feel like doing is okey with them. The instructors actually thought that its a good idea to be a couple of hours ahead of schedule so that we can focus more time on things we find more difficult, and that's just what happened yesterday. Normally the autoflight chapter takes about 3,75 hours but we spent almost 10 hours on it in total... but we're still ahead of schedule about 2,5 hours right now...

The instructors are very good but they are always pretty occupied but as soon as they're free they'll help you straight away...

I actually know a Captain at MyTravel who is answering all my questions so I've got a quicker way of sorting out my troubles by calling him =)

And it might be a good idea to get to know someone who can give you some tips on how to do things...

Kind Regards
Tim

> "Just a quick question regarding your blog. You state that after doing some CBT modules you are now X hrs ahead of schedule. I was under the impression that Type Ratings were done along a fixed course timetable as far as the CBT portion was concerned. Perhaps you are allowed to do it at your own pace. BTW are the instructors helpful and what hopes do you have about your Type Rating course ....?"

Founder
27th Jun 2007, 16:02
> How much are u paying for the A320 TR ? do they offer job assistance after u complete ur training ?

Answer: I'm paying 32075 Euro for A320 TR + MCC + Accomodation + Base Training. Normally an A320 TR with the amount of hours that SFA are providing is around 28000 euros and an MCC costs normally round 4000 euro and taking into considerations that my accomodation is "free" in that sence it's a pretty good deal since we're staying here for about 2 months...

Kind Regards
Tim

kangy
27th Jun 2007, 17:45
Quick question Founder...
how many hours is included in the base training?
Was looking at Storm aviation myself for the A320 TR - £30k for a TR & 300hrs on type!

TheFlyingDJ
27th Jun 2007, 20:01
Hey Tim,
Nice site!
I'm starting too on the A320 and have had great pre-groundschool.

Good luck and offcourse enjoy it all! Nice car too by the way :)

I'll keep looking here. Maybe an idea to get a guestbook running?

cheers!

dartagnan
27th Jun 2007, 21:09
I don't really understand why you buy yourself a type rating.
the only answer you will get is:"we want 1500h on airbus".

keep your money, if you still have some left.

Mercenary Pilot
27th Jun 2007, 21:22
how many hours is included in the base training?

Hey Kangy, A base check is the 6 Touch & Go's you need to do to complete your rating under JAA regulations...it only takes about an hour and you do it after passing your proficiency check in the sim. The going rate on A320/B737 is about 5000 Euros.

:ok:

TheFlyingDJ
27th Jun 2007, 21:30
why you buy yourself a type rating

You don't BUY a rating but you can buy the training!
Besides, if there weren't so many extra pilot schools in the world then the normal airline operated ones, there would not be this problem in the first place.

The base training, does that include a walkaround and interiour/exteriour tour?
I heard that some base trainers just let you fly and thats it.