PDA

View Full Version : DRC LET 410 Down 26 June '07

Siguarda al fine
26th Jun 2007, 19:55
A DRC registered LET 410 was lost 100KMS from Brazza today after attempting a forced landing. No casualties reported.

Heli-Jet
26th Jun 2007, 23:43
Does this Let belong to Business Aviation?

Siguarda al fine
27th Jun 2007, 17:10
Aircraft operated by Business Aviation Ndolo Airport Kinshasa reg 9Q-CTM Capt Dudu.

lifeclock
2nd Jul 2007, 09:38
Apparently the GPS failed and they got lost, couldnīt tune in on KSA or BZ, ran out of fuel,...

F510
3rd Jul 2007, 15:35
It seems that the number of Lets operating out of Ndolo is decreasing! This is the second one in less than a year, 9Q-CEI and now 9Q-CTM. This is also the second airplane Business Aviation is loosing in the same period (Nord 262 at Kikwit). Glad no casualities this time, which is unusual in DRC!

F510

lifeclock
3rd Jul 2007, 16:16
No luck there, one down, next one is rolling in, gets a new paint and of they go. Just creeps me out, that I flew both of the crashed ones in Ndolo. Never again a LET. Kind of suicide...

wheels up
4th Jul 2007, 02:23
Here we go again - don't blame the aircraft. Any aircraft (and these are old FSU UVPs) that are operated without proper maintenance, and in some cases no maintenance, will eventually fail. Try driving your car without changing the cam belt - it might get to 100 000 km, maybe even 150 000 km, but one thing is for sure - it will break eventually. The type is operated successfully and safely in many parts of the world by responsible operators. Unfortunately, with comments like the above everyone is tarred with the same brush.

All but 1 of the 51 operators in the DRC are banned from flying in European airspace - thats got to tell you something.

Types such as the AN 24 / 26 in Africa suffer a similar fate. There is nothing inherently wrong with the design - however, operated with complete disregard for the prescribed maintenance schedules using timex components, these aircraft will continue to crash.

lifeclock
4th Jul 2007, 10:30
I meant my message in that regard, timed out engines and and way overloaded. Correctly loaded itīs a great plane to fly in the bush.
Just reminded me when I was fresh out of flight school and any job would do.