PDA

View Full Version : A320-need landing training

fannus
26th Jun 2007, 14:06
Hey fellas, I recently finished my skillcheck on the a FFS, only missing the landing training for the airbus 320. Anyone who knows a way so I can complet my TR.???
If I dont get it done by Sept 15 it will expire, and what a waste would that be!!! I dont really have the money to do landingtraining on my own.

Superpilot
26th Jun 2007, 15:13
Did you not consider this BEFORE purchasing your TR? Or did you discover this harsh but very common reality only after completing your sim training? If so, tell us who it was so we can avoid them!

Mungo Man
26th Jun 2007, 20:36
You mean the TR course did not include the base training and the 6 landings required for type issue?

TheFlyingDJ
26th Jun 2007, 20:50
I really don't understand. There's another topic with the same issue.

Isn't it right, that with the first type rating you need the circuits?
I do hear stories about keeping current just in the sim, but that is mainly after the initial type rating.

Maybe you want to disclose where you followed the course?

potkettleblack
27th Jun 2007, 09:55
Flying DJ - thats my understanding as well.

If its your first multi pilot jet transport then you need base training and a minimum of 6 landings. For the UK CAA a landing certificate will be signed and sent off with your application for the type rating to be added to your licence.

If you are converting from another jet then you might be able to get away with ZFTT in the sim. This will be dependent on the actual airline operators SOP's as far as I am aware. Many will give you the circuits regardless just to get you up to speed before releasing you to line training. In other words the JAA regs are the bare minimum but many airlines will train you to a higher standard in the interest of safety and to give you a better footing for your career.

Cam32
4th Mar 2008, 20:14
You sound like one of Osama's boys. 'Have not trained to land' Please get some training soon. ;)