PDA

View Full Version : Diamandstar DA-42 FTO's aabroad with them

coodem
26th Jun 2007, 12:49
Just about to start my IR, not decided where yet, but plan to do it in a twin, I always fancied the DA-42, so thought I would do it in that.

The question is what schools use them. I am after the cheaper,ie Spain, Greece, South Africa, USA.

I would ideally like to go to a JAR approved FTO.

I know of egnatia, and always planned to go there, but after my recent findings on here, I'm a bit hesitant

BlueRobin
26th Jun 2007, 13:46
There may be, but not where it is cost-effective to do so.

coodem
26th Jun 2007, 13:54
As long as its not over the top I would concider anything, I just want quality training

BlueRobin
26th Jun 2007, 14:49
Dead set against the UK then? Have you considered British DA42 operators such as Stapleford, AFT and The Flight Centre Halfpenny Green. Notice I've omitted Cabair ;)

There's also a thought that you shouldn't choose by aircraft type. As a DA42 CPL/IR student myself, I sometimes wish for a nice stable Piper that's easy to trim.

shambles
28th Jun 2007, 20:02
Stay well clear of Egnatia if you are after quality training. Only have 1 instructor and he doesnt give a ****. No briefings, aircraft mostly in maintainence, managers lie about everything and obviously care nothing about the students welfare.

bobster1
28th Jun 2007, 21:00
there was 3 instructors there a couple of weeks ago, take it they have left now?