PDA

View Full Version : GATBASH SEMINARS - 6th October 2007

PPRuNe Pop
25th Jun 2007, 05:52
Using Danny's words.....PPRuNe will be holding a series of seminars for wannabes on the 6th October at the Gatwick Thistle Hotel. This is the same location and date as the PPRuNe GatBash 2007 so you can enjoy both functions if you so wish.

The Wannabe Seminars will be held from 10am through to mid afternoon with a break for lunch and coffee breaks. They will be open to wannabes who are either thinking of starting out on the long hard road to gaining their fATPL and to those who have gained their licence but are still struggling to find their first job.

Whilst the full itinerary hasn't been finalised yet, they will include talks on how to prepare your CV and approach potential employers, what to expect at interview, what's really involved once you get your first job, flying for a loco and flying for a legacy carrier. These are not sales pitches from companies who want your business. The talks will give you the 'warts and all' side of things and will be by people who have achieved their positions after being in a similar situation to the wannabes and include current pilots and airline management. More details will follow.

There will be no charge for the seminars but places will be limited. In order to reserve a place at the seminar, a £25 refundable deposit will have to be paid. If you have reserved a place and you show up, your deposit will be refunded. Lunch is not included but coffee during the breaks is. Also, if you want to stay for the PPRuNe GatBash 2007 function in the evening (not to be missed) SEE HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278108[URL=) for details, your deposit will be used to pay for your place.

The PPRuNe Wannabe Seminars were a great success last year so you will need to book early to reserve a place as we are limited to a maximum of 85 places. They are also a great opportunity to meet some of the people who moderate and run PPRuNe. If you want to know how to network, then be there or be square... as they say.

To reserve a place at the seminar, please make out a cheque payable to: The PPRuNe Fund for £25.00 per person. Send it to:

The PPRuNe Fund
5 Station Approach
Belmont
Surrey
SM2 6BW

On the back of the cheque write your PPRuNe Username and the word SEMINAR plus GATBASH if you are attending that too.

Initially, BOOK your place below. Followed by your confirmation with your cheque to the above address.

When I have received your confirmation your name will appear at the bottom of this page only.

We look forward to seeing you there.

=====================================================
* Denotes that deposit has NOT been received. If sent please let me know.

G-SXTY - SUPERMATTT - SPARKS-FLYING - WildDart - WALSue - FIRBANKS - PIELORD - BATHTUB - BADBOYRAGGAMUFFIN - Run DME - DWSHIMODA - CAPCON - COODEM - COODEM2 - WATERPAU - THE_DADDY - BLUEPEELY - PHILPAZ - PHILPAZ TWO - N90BAR - N90BAR TWO - PIEMAN007 - LAZY GUN - KEROPPI - SHORTLEG - MAX RATE - MrHORGY - DIAMOND DOG - BIG MISTER - BIGGLES0449 - VIGILANTE - CAPT GARY - DIAMOND DOG - FRANK FURILLO - BEEFY_EMA - BATHTUB -
AEMOWENS - FUDGENUTS - MAD HAT - GINGERBREADMAN - BOOGIE-NICEY - TINY TANGO - ZOULOU1 - CASANOVA - PHILLTOWNS - TYPE1 - TIM NEWMAN - WILLP_03 - BRUCY BUNGY - BLUE ROBIN - ASHA P* - MLEE -

Philpaz
25th Jun 2007, 07:37
I presume i provisionally book my place with this post?

Cheers,

Phil

PPRuNe Pop
25th Jun 2007, 09:04
Just as it says at the bottom of the page, yes. Next step is to confirm by sending your deposit.

Thanks,

PPP

G SXTY
25th Jun 2007, 21:16
I'm getting too old for this(!) but count me in Don. The cheque's in the post - can you check your PMs please. :ok:

wannabe there
26th Jun 2007, 11:24
I'll be there... cheques is on its way :ok:

sussexlad
26th Jun 2007, 14:39
Please put me down for a place. The cheque's enroute! :)

sparks-flying
26th Jun 2007, 16:55
I'll be there too.Cheque will follow soon.

Looking forward to it!!!

SF:ok:

Supermattt
26th Jun 2007, 19:31
Yep I'm in

Last year was so very informative that I wouldn't miss it this year.

Royal Mail has the cheque

Cheers
Matt

WildDart
27th Jun 2007, 21:51
This may come in handy, looking forward to it, my cheque is in 1st class post:ok:

WALSue
28th Jun 2007, 16:23
I'll be up for that (and the evening thing) - cheque on its way as soon as!

firbanks
29th Jun 2007, 17:47
Hi yes please count me in. Payment enroute

PIELORD
1st Jul 2007, 21:22
Hi

Count me in please, cheque enroute....

Wazzoo
3rd Jul 2007, 05:04
Won't be around for it this year, but thoroughly recommend it from last year. :ok:

Any wannabe would be a fool not to go along. Its valuable for those looking for that elusive first job as well as those who are only just starting training to get a heads up on what to expect and be prepared - its free good advice..take it cause there ain't much of it around in the industry!

Get signing up!

bathtub
3rd Jul 2007, 11:58
Count me in. Cheque's in the post :)

badboy raggamuffin
4th Jul 2007, 09:07
Cheque in the post from me also, look forward to meeting everyone!

Run DME
4th Jul 2007, 16:44
Pprune Pop,
Me too please! Cheque on its way.
Thanks

flyboybarca
5th Jul 2007, 20:18
count me in, cheque enroute.

thanks

dwshimoda
11th Jul 2007, 07:38
Hi! Cheque's in the post - looking forward to the day.
DW.

PPRuNe Pop
11th Jul 2007, 07:55
I expect the numbers attending to be a bit slow around this time but.......I would suggest you get your name in ASAP because there will be a surge.

Don't forget, of course, that it is free, providing to turn up, and you get to meet some of the best Flight Deck talent to tell you what you need to know about getting your feet on the first step of the fATPL ladder. And you can ask as many questions as you like. Oh! The coffee and biscuits are free too!

CapCon
11th Jul 2007, 08:42
Hi,

Please reserve a seat for me.

Cheers,

CapCon

coodem
12th Jul 2007, 12:46
Two places for me please, Double cheque on its way

waterpau
12th Jul 2007, 16:19
Yes please. Cheque's on its way...

matt_hooks
16th Jul 2007, 19:02
Hmmmm, are there many places left mods?

PPRuNe Pop
18th Jul 2007, 16:26
20 places now booked for the Seminars and I have received 9 of the required deposits. About par for the course really.

Anyway, I am aware of a number of wannabes who wish to attend and I expect they will be placing their names above.

Why not join them now. This is FREE, and an offer you are unlikely to find anywhere else.

Go for it!

PPP

coodem
18th Jul 2007, 19:24
will the people who sent cheques off get any confirmation?

the_daddy
19th Jul 2007, 15:32
Count me in...

Posting tonight.

Cheers.

Solo46
20th Jul 2007, 07:45
Im up for that - any free advice is definitely worth taking! Thanks!

WISH2FLY
20th Jul 2007, 13:16
Sounds great, looking forward to meeting everyone! :ok:

Will pop cheque in post tonight

wish2fly

bluepeely
26th Jul 2007, 18:40
Im in chaps, Ill send me Gregory Peck in the morning. Hope my car makes it past Stafford this year :uhoh:

PPRuNe Pop
26th Jul 2007, 20:39
Ah yes bp, I remember that very well. I felt for you so get a good ride this time.

PPP

Dan_Graham
29th Jul 2007, 15:43
Hi, count me in please - cheque for 2 places will be en route monday.

One thing - The other person coming is my Dad, who is an aviation fanatic but is not going into the profession. Would this be a problem? Wouldn't want to take a place away from someone wanting to get into the profession is all.

Cheers, Dan.

PPRuNe Pop
29th Jul 2007, 17:47
I would have to say that I cannot accept your Dad. So sorry. But there is no reason why he shouldn't come with you and sit in with you if there is enough room.

Fair enough?

PPP

Dan_Graham
30th Jul 2007, 18:45
Fair indeed PPP.

That's all he wanted to do anyway, didn't fancy the journey on my own is all, and he knows the way!

A cheque for one place then?

Philpaz
1st Aug 2007, 06:51
Sorry its taken so long to get the cheque in the post, been waiting for confirmation from the mrs she can make it. Can you make mine a +1 and we'll be attending the GATBASH. Cheque is en-route.
It might take a few days because its coming from German BFPO.

Phil

Dan_Graham
1st Aug 2007, 21:45
Hi, unfortunately I am now unable to attend, family wedding that day! Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Dan

n90bar
6th Aug 2007, 21:25
2 places for me please. Cheque be sent this week to you.

jonjon
6th Aug 2007, 23:11
Thanks!!

Cheque to follow soon

J

PPRuNe Pop
7th Aug 2007, 05:32
Dan_Graham

Thanks for letting me know.

Southwest

Trying to get out of doing your 'doooty' uhhh? NO.....:E

sgreeno
9th Aug 2007, 14:45
count me in...the cheque is in the post if there are spaces left.

where abouts in gatwick is it being held?

Pieman007
15th Aug 2007, 18:48
I would like a place please. Will send cheque asap.
Thanks

Lazy Gun
18th Aug 2007, 11:23
Count me in. Cheque is on the way for the seminar and the gatbash.

o/

shortleg
23rd Aug 2007, 19:00
Please add me to your list. Cheque is in the post.

Max.Rate
24th Aug 2007, 10:11
Can you please add me as well? Cheque is on its way.

Thanks

MrHorgy
27th Aug 2007, 12:13
Can you put me down for a place?

Horgy

mlee
28th Aug 2007, 22:46
Hi, put me down for a place, cheque is in post!!

Regards Mark

mlee
28th Aug 2007, 22:49
Hi could I just check, dress code is it smart/casual?

PPRuNe Pop
29th Aug 2007, 06:43
Casual is just fine. Look forward to seeing you - AND - any others who have not quite made up their mind.

There are still places left and you will be welcome, and it's FREE when you turn up. I simply give you back your cheque.

You will get to discover it is one of the best things you ever did to help you on your way. :ok:

Pieman007
29th Aug 2007, 13:30
Sent the cheque this morning
Thanks

PPRuNe Pop
29th Aug 2007, 16:18
Thank you 007! :ok::ok::ok:

Pieman007
30th Aug 2007, 15:58
You are welcome. Looking forward to meeting you all

NI-RYAN
30th Aug 2007, 21:16
any spaces left?

Diamond_Dog
31st Aug 2007, 11:36
Yo Pops,

Sounds like a jolly good event to me! Please count me in.

I'm ready to fire the check now. Can you please update on remaining numbers before I drop it in the post.

Regs.

The Dog.

Mad Hat
31st Aug 2007, 13:15
Please add my name, cheque on it's way.

Thanks

FlightDeckDave
31st Aug 2007, 17:23
Count me in, cheque will be in the post tomorrow

PPRuNe Pop
31st Aug 2007, 19:13
All added to list. Thanks guys, look forward to seeing you.

We have plenty of room left and can take another 40. But the rush will soon start so it will be worthwhile getting your name in.

BTW. Those with a star against their name indicates that I have not as yet received your cheque. If you have sent it let me know. If you haven't, please send as soon as you can.

PPP

vigilantee
1st Sep 2007, 12:18
Count me in.....cheque has just departed.

biggles0449
1st Sep 2007, 14:58
hi ppp,

think its one that cant be missed! cheque will be winging its way to you monday morning. thanks for all you guys do-great to have someone offering help and advice!

b

PPRuNe Pop
1st Sep 2007, 22:43
Good to have you join us.

PPP

Andy1980
2nd Sep 2007, 17:46
Book me in! Cheque on its way...

MrHorgy
2nd Sep 2007, 20:21
Cheque in post today

Horgy

Asha P
4th Sep 2007, 18:06
I'll be there with WildDart, check is on en route!

Diamond_Dog
5th Sep 2007, 21:21
Due to being a hard up wannabe, obsessed with plastic, it took me some time to find and dust off my cheque book. :}

Hence the slight delay in dispatch! Problem now resolved and cheque sat in oldish red village post box ready for Mr. Pat to collect in the morning..

Soz for delay.

PPRuNe Pop
8th Sep 2007, 20:07
I am sure some of you will be interested to know who are your mentors at the Seminar.

Danny for one. He flies for Virgin on the 747 - 400 fleet. He started on a small airline many years ago.

Hamrah. He is a very very experienced Captain and Trainer with Astraeus and understands the charter market.

Captain 'Southwest' He is a senior Captain with Southwest Airlines in Texas on the 737-600.

Captain Giancarlo. He is just about to change airlines at his base in Milan. He is a training captain.

Then there is 10W, a Senior Air Traffic Controller and Supervisor in the EU and based at Prestwick. A man of renown in the wireless world all pilots need!

Great people who can tell you more than you want to know!

Get your names down now. There are still 30 or so places left. It's free providing you put a deposit your place. AND.................you get two coffee breaks with biscuits.

PPP

heartbomb
9th Sep 2007, 13:10
Can we bring a guest along? My parents are willing to see what I'm getting myself into...

Either way, count me in! Sending the cheque right away. :P

I wouldn't need to stay the night there would I? I can just drive up from London early morning and leave after the seminar finishes?

cormac
10th Sep 2007, 05:52
I'm aspiring to an Atpl(H) some time in the next X years. I'm a total beginner (in fact I havent even reached that stage yet) and would really benefit from some sound advice. Count me in. I'll get a cheque in the post tonight

I assume it will be mostly fixed wing related(prehaps wrongly) Will there be people to advise on the do and donts of embarking on a helicopter career

Thanks

Great site by the way

PPRuNe Pop
10th Sep 2007, 06:29
There will be one or two people who can help you with some advice.

Frank Furillo
11th Sep 2007, 08:07
Cheque's on its way.

Beefy_EMA
11th Sep 2007, 17:06
Hi, I would like to book a place, but I cannot get to my cheque book until the 21st September. I am currently out of the country which my cheque book is in.

Can I transfer the readies, or is it just the case of on the day you will be handing the cheques back and cashing the ones that don't turn up?

PPRuNe Pop
11th Sep 2007, 17:28
That is correct.

The deposit is to ensure that those who book a place actually attend. SOME have confirmed but have not yet sent their cheques. I will require them within the next two weeks or their place is forfeit.

You can send me a cheque on the 21st - that will be fine. And yes, you will get it back when you arrive.

aemowens
17th Sep 2007, 14:02
Hi,
Are there any spaces left? (I have left it a bit late I know!:))
If yes, I will send my cheque ASAP.

fudgenuts
17th Sep 2007, 14:24
dito. cheque is on it's way!

PPRuNe Pop
17th Sep 2007, 16:29
aemowens, yes places still available.

Send your cheque. In the meantime I have put you on the list.

zoulou1
18th Sep 2007, 16:46
Hi

This is nice to organize that seminar.
I 'd enjoy coming over and d'like you to write me down.
I have a problem for the cheque, I'm from france and do not have kind of cheque you request...
Is it a big deal for you to count on me anyway?
Many thanks

Zoulou1

PPRuNe Pop
18th Sep 2007, 17:23
Zoulou1,

I am prepared in your circumstances to allow it yes.

However, if you do NOT arrive I will require the deposit.

Please confirm that is OK>

PPP

Gingerbread Man
19th Sep 2007, 13:24
I'd like to attend please.

Consider the cheque on it's way to you.

Ginger ;)

boogie-nicey
19th Sep 2007, 16:25
Well I've finally moved the start of my IR training by one week so that I can attend. Hope it's not too late as it seems like a golden opportunity to say the least. It's also be great to meet my fellow ppruners. :ok:

I'll send in a cheque for the seminar.
"what should I wear? ..... a suit me thinks"

PPRuNe Pop
19th Sep 2007, 16:43
You are both in time. But please send cheques and I look forward to seeing you there.

MrHorgy
19th Sep 2007, 18:08
Boogie,

You've been on here ages, are you still in training? I pictured you as some sort of Scroggs-esque mega captain!

Might wear my penguin suit, then at least you'll know who I am :E

Horgy

sgreeno
19th Sep 2007, 21:07
on that note...any dress code? and where abouts will it be held? will be taking the train

PPRuNe Pop
20th Sep 2007, 07:35
sgreeno, I have been trying to contact you to ask if you are still coming. Glad that you are but I need your deposit first.

The details of the hotel are on page ONE of this thread. They are very clear.

Please let me know if there is a problem.

The dress is a suit or smart casual - whatever you wish.

PPP

boogie-nicey
20th Sep 2007, 09:03
MRHorgy, thanks for the elevated status but unfortunately a Scroggs I most certainly am not (I wish). In terms of my training I'm nearing the end now but took some time to get going because I needed to be able to fund everything right to the end and then some. :p

I shall wear a suit though I have a sneaky feeling that people will figure out who I am regardless. Looking forward to meeting you guys on the day, should be nice.

Tiny Tango
20th Sep 2007, 13:41
Hi,

I'd like to book a place please. My cheque will be in the post shortly.

Thanks

PPRuNe Pop
20th Sep 2007, 13:47
Thanks. It is booked and I must be in receipt of cheque by the Wednesday of next week.

MrHorgy
20th Sep 2007, 14:32
Of course Boogie, you look like the Fonz with a Turban - you'll stick out for miles :ok:

Horgy

Frank Furillo
20th Sep 2007, 17:02
Boogie, it will be nice to finally meet you, oh and very very very well done with your IR,:ok::ok: I would hate to have to do mine again.:E:E
FF

zoulou1
21st Sep 2007, 15:05
Many thanks to you easy boy
I'll be there
See you next 6th october

Zoulou1

sp33dfr33k
23rd Sep 2007, 10:29
I'll be there if you've still got space. Cheque in post. Cheers:ok:

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Sep 2007, 15:24
No problem. Your place is reserved if I get the cheque.

PPP

philltowns
24th Sep 2007, 12:00
Please add me to your list. Cheque going in the post today.

Thx

type1
24th Sep 2007, 16:53
Please add me to the list if there's still time! Cheque will be in the post first class tomorrow morning!

PPRuNe Pop
24th Sep 2007, 17:21
OK guys, you sre both in.

This is the last week. The list will close on Sunday.

However, to get a place you WILL have to ensure that I have your cheque by Saturday THIS week.

Get moving the slow ones's please.

And to those who put their names down and to whom I have written twice, this is YOUR last chance also. No cheque no space. Even if you turn up!

PPP

MrHorgy
24th Sep 2007, 18:14
Any idea of the programme yet Pop?

Horgy

PPRuNe Pop
24th Sep 2007, 20:51
There usually isn't one prepared but is set by yourselves. You raise the points and questions and the team will answer them for you.

The plan is that you make your own agendas. It always works out.

PPP

BlueRobin
24th Sep 2007, 23:57
Pop, I'm in the position where CV writing is largely my next priority so the seminar sounds useful, though I won't stay for the Bash. I'll send a cheque off to PPRuNe towers on the morrow.

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2007, 07:43
I have removed the the names of those who have not sent cheques, or who have not given me the courtesy of a reply.

I note that two of those people did exactly the same thing last year. Shame on you.

PPP

TimNewman
25th Sep 2007, 13:02
Are there still places at the seminar?

If there are can you let me know please.

Tim Newman

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2007, 13:20
Yes there are, and we will be pleased to see you. but you need to get your cheque off shortly as per my post above. In the meantime I will add you to the list.

PPP

boogie-nicey
25th Sep 2007, 14:20
Just wish to confirm whether you recived my cheque, would be disappointed if you didn't receive it in time. :ok:

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2007, 17:54
Has the asterisk against your name gone boogie?

I remove one from the sender's 'name' each time I get a cheque. :D

willp_03
25th Sep 2007, 17:56
Can you add me to the list also please? type1's cheque and mine will be in the same envelope!

brucybungy
25th Sep 2007, 22:45
Please add me to the list, cheque will be in first class post tomorrow morning.

Any spaces still available for the GatBash event too?

Thanks

James

PPRuNe Pop
26th Sep 2007, 06:52
Both names now entered.

BB, I have also added you to the GatBash list.

Thanks guys,

PPP

sgreeno
26th Sep 2007, 10:13
PPP

my apologies...I am now working (my shifts often change at short notice)

Thanks for being patient though, and sorry for not being able to make it...I am not best pleased!!

Steve

BlueRobin
26th Sep 2007, 11:13
Pop, my cheque went in the postbox this morning

PPRuNe Pop
26th Sep 2007, 14:27
Thank you BR.

mlee
29th Sep 2007, 15:09
Hi, I confirmed my place some time ago, at that time my user name appeared below with all the other names, I then sent a cheque in first class with my user name on the back, I have just been looking through pprune and noticed my name has been taken off list. Can you just confirm that I have a place as i'm travelling some distance for this seminar.

Regards Mark.

PPRuNe Pop
29th Sep 2007, 18:39
Don't worry ML you are back on the list, and I did receive your cheque. A touch of the fickle finger of fate at work!

The list will CLOSE on Monday people's.

PPP

BlueRobin
29th Sep 2007, 21:00
Pop, are you going to tempt us with a more detailed itinerary?

Guess who made arrangements for Saturday forgetting about the seminar? :ugh: Fortunately it can be easily undone.

PPRuNe Pop
29th Sep 2007, 21:14
Itinerary!? We haven't organised a tour of LGW.

Agenda!? We don't have one of those either.

But we do have some super Captains and ATC people who can answer your questions on how the industry is 'today' and how it might be in say a months time :E

The agenda is set by you guys pure and simple.

bathtub
3rd Oct 2007, 11:35
Bad news (for me) - 'fraid I'm not gonna be able to make it after all, trouble with work. Apologies. Hope all have a good time and learn much!

Max7t9
3rd Oct 2007, 12:30
Pop,

Can i book 2 places please - is there still availability??:confused:

Philpaz
4th Oct 2007, 16:37
Hi all, I cant make it now due to personal reasons. Paid for the evening bash too and anyone is welcome to take my place (as i said its paid for already so treat yourselves!)

Sorry and hope everyone gets on well.

Phil :ok:

PPRuNe Pop
5th Oct 2007, 06:16
Max7t9,

The list closed on Monday. Sorry.

Philpaz, sorry you can't make it now.

PPP

MrHorgy
5th Oct 2007, 11:38
Phil - I might hang around for a drink after and maybe go for the Gatbash, if I do i'll let Pop know I took your place and make sure he uses my cheque and sends yours back.

Horgy

boogie-nicey
5th Oct 2007, 13:58
MrHorgy, that's very decent and understanding of you, if only more people acted in a simple yet reasonable way ...... :D

Philpaz
6th Oct 2007, 14:17
Its fine, use the cheque to buy the organisers a beer from me. I put it through the company books anyway so you can thank the IRS.

Enjoy and good luck (for the wanabe's)

Phil

firbanks
7th Oct 2007, 11:57
Hi all,

just a quick post to say how impressed I was with the seminar. I really wish that I had also booked the evening - maybe next year! A great and friendly atmosphere, very useful information and although I'm still at the bottom of that ever steep hill you guys have convinced me to keep going to the end (not that I needed a lot of convincing anyway). Good luck to those who are looking for jobs and hope to see some similar faces next year!

Mark

coodem
7th Oct 2007, 15:45
I too wanted to thank everyone for sorting this great event out, It was very informative and its going to make me work harder and even faster to get my new career going, Can't wait

Alexluis
7th Oct 2007, 16:39
Hello...
I hope to join the RAF as a pilot, but if I´m not accepted, I want to do a Commercial course!
Well, can I take a ATPL course, without a CPL or even a PPL?
Can I take just the ATPL?
Thanks,
Alex Luis;)

WALSue
8th Oct 2007, 06:31
Another thanks for organising the seminar.
Like a few others I'm right at the bottom rung of the ladder but more determined than ever.
See you all next year!

Frank Furillo
8th Oct 2007, 12:14
Alex, simple answer, NO.
in order to take ATPL theory exams you must have a ICAO PPL. Then to start your CPL you need in addition to PPL and Exams passed 150 hours flight time.
If you go integrated this will all be provided as part of the course.
Have a good search on Pprune and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!!!!

BTW, great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, good to see you got home WALsue, keep up the good work and you will be there faster than you think.
FF

zoulou1
8th Oct 2007, 14:01
Tanks to you guys for useful information you gave.
My 4 years old son has enjoyed very much the southwest ballon...
Tanks again

Alexluis
8th Oct 2007, 14:15
Hi FF, and thanks for the information!
I just received an email moments ago from a Portuguese Flying school, and they said that I wound´t need a CPL or a PPL.They also said that the PPL was integrated in the ATPL Course.
I´m a bit confused! :confused:
Is that just in the UK, that we need those requirments?
Many Thanks,
Alex Luis :ok:

WALSue
8th Oct 2007, 14:33
My 4 years old son has enjoyed very much the southwest ballon...
My inflatable plane is mine all mine! :)

Frank Furillo
8th Oct 2007, 14:38
Okay Alex, just to clarify....
Integrated will take you from 0 hours to CPL/with an IR and ME rating and ATPL theory pass. Thats commonly known as a fATPL.
It consists of a PPL, ATPL theory, CPL, ME, IR.
If you do it Modular you need to get these yourself. once again have a search.
Also the inflatable plane is above my desk, love it

G SXTY
8th Oct 2007, 15:21
Many thanks to Danny, Andrew and Derek for a very interesting and enjoyable presentation.

I hope everyone else found the session as useful as I did.:ok:

Alexluis
9th Oct 2007, 08:40
Hi FF.
Thanks for your help.
But, what I meant is like, If I take the ATPL course here in Portugal,I´ll finish the ATPL course with also the PPL!
Understood?

Thanks ;)
AL

Frank Furillo
9th Oct 2007, 08:55
Hi Alex,
yes you will get your PPL, but it will be superseded by a CPL with IR and ME
Hope that helps
Alex feel free to PM me

boogie-nicey
9th Oct 2007, 10:25
Reading some of the posts on here since Saturday, I have belatedly realised that there were numerous fellow ppruners that I didn't get around to meeting. I'm very sorry about that though as a whole it seemed little a very nice crowd especially the few that I did manage to speak with on the day.
Good luck to you all ..... :ok:

MrHorgy
9th Oct 2007, 14:01
Indeed!

Greetings to all I missed, a very informative day had I think, and some of the stories were mighty entertaining.

Alas, I have no children so i'll probably take my plane on holiday and play with it in the pool :}

Horgy

Kerropi
10th Oct 2007, 12:03
Yo Boogie Nicey,

It was nice to see the face of the infamous BOOGIE NICEY :ok:

Kerropi

boogie-nicey
10th Oct 2007, 12:40
Kerropi, my dear friend it was nice meeting you too along with all the other ppruners. What struck me the most was how nice everyone seemed to be, I had always thought the average wannabe would be aloof and unapproachable but I was proved wrong, thankfully.

I sincerely wish you well in your future endeavours and no doubt our paths will cross again in the not too distant future, it's a small world :ok:

sparks-flying
10th Oct 2007, 17:38
I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Was good to meet some more wannabes.
Thank you Danny, Andrew, Derek, and of course Don!!

Also good to see some familiar faces again.

:O:O

SF

Lazy Gun
10th Oct 2007, 21:28
It was great to meet all of you there! I thought that it was a very successful day and I would also like to extend my thanks to the organisers for devoting their time to us.

I wish all of you the greatest of luck for the future and hope to meet you again some day!

o/

LG

PS- has anyone else played with their blow-up plane or is it just me? :}

WALSue
11th Oct 2007, 06:23
PS- has anyone else played with their blow-up plane or is it just me? :}

I got told off for putting mine up in work :uhoh:

the_daddy
11th Oct 2007, 08:06
Does anyone know if the photos taken at the event are to be aired to the unsuspecting public at any stage?!!

I'm dreading seeing my averagely pretty face splashed all over here! :eek: ha ha.

BlueRobin
11th Oct 2007, 14:40
I hope Southwest's photos are not shown, I'm in a few of them and am hardly photogenic! :}

the_daddy
11th Oct 2007, 15:43
Found some pics on this page here:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278108&page=8
I'm not in any! Result!

firbanks
12th Oct 2007, 09:40
I'm gutted I missed the party! Definately next year!

PPRuNe Pop
15th Oct 2007, 14:01
Yes, you and a few others.

It was a very successful day and I am sorry some of you missed it.

For those who did and sent their cheques they have been added to the PPRuNe fund - thank you.

There will be a seminar next year and I will let you know where and when.

Thanks to those who came.

PPP

firbanks
16th Oct 2007, 07:39
Hi PP,

sorry, slight correction. I made the day (which was briliant) but wished that I had also made the party - but definitely next year.