PDA

View Full Version : FLYBE/BACON Merger

Rads
24th Jun 2007, 17:56
Hi
I'm trying to gauge the feelings of the pilots on how the seniority list merger was
managed. I'm not trying to cause any ill feeling between you guys but would be very appreciative of any comments on the pros and cons of how it was handled.
Rads

ps Sorry if there is another thread on this subject but I can't find one.

FlyboyUK
25th Jun 2007, 08:44
Try http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273802&highlight=Flybe%2FBacon:ok:

Hirsutesme
25th Jun 2007, 15:22
RADS, why the interest?

Rads
25th Jun 2007, 15:57
Flyboyuk. The thread is just a pax complaint list - not much use in relation to my question.

Hirsutesme. Because someone has raised the question within my company forum and he says that most pilots have been very satisfied with the outcome. I just find it difficult to believe and I want to see how the FlyBe and BACON pilots feel about the merger.

redflyer
25th Jun 2007, 18:19
It can only get better. The handling agents in MAN are getting better. Crewing are starting to understand the new scheduling agreement and most the guys and girls who didn't want to work flybe have either left or are going to hand their notice in, in a couple of days.

I'm ex BA connect and embrace the chance to work for a company that make a profit. The terms and conditions are no where near ideal, however I have a job and I'm working for a successfull company.

I may reconsider my career path in 6 months if things don't improve further.

Willy Miller
25th Jun 2007, 20:22
I went down the seniority list 180 places overnight. chance of a jet seat and £5000 PA went with it. Like most of my colleagues I am reviewing my career options!

Maude Charlee
26th Jun 2007, 14:03
BAConnect 3 month 'bonding' period for reduction in T's & C's compensation was up yesterday, and any former Rashers keeping their intended resignations under wraps in order to keep the cash will probably have the letter winging it's way to HQ as we speak.

Expect to move back up the seniority list a significant number of places very soon.