PDA

View Full Version : Accronyms & Gobblygook in SA Aviation

4HolerPoler
24th Jun 2007, 17:08
I live life in the slow-lane but have gradually become aware of a new order of life, governed by acronyms and gobblygook that is destined to replace the world as we know it. Reading the Sunday papers today I realized that I am so far behind in this new order of business – there’s an Invitation to Tender which I will partially quote to illustrate my pathetic grasp on this new way of doing things:

SASSETA, on behalf of the Defence Sector, hereby invites accredited ETD Providers to submit proposals for the following programme:

Background: The SA Air Force is currently in a process of reviewing its training material for purposes of validity and has identified a requirement to align to identified unit standards/ qualifications or identify unit standards / qualifications.

Outline of work required – Alignment of the SA Air Force (SAAF) Pilot Ab Initio programme to the existing Aircraft Piloting (NQF 5, SAQA Qual, ID 58023) (for TETA Compliance)

Alignment must include the following:
a) Conduct a full evaluation of the SAAF’s existing materials for this training.
b) Produce a full analysis of findings of the materials (i.e. gaps, strengths, outline for improvements etc).
c) Execute actual alignment to relevant SAQA qualifications as well as modifications to affected policies / procedures currently in use.
d) Consult with TETA in association with the CAA :eek:where necessary.
e) Prepare and submit programme approval applications to TETA.
f) Response to any queries raised by TETA regarding the aforementioned application.

That’s it folks – where before the SAAF guys would have said “It’s time to review our policies and procedures” we now have a crock of acronyms, new organizations and standards that have been dreamt up by folk in their effort to righteously justify our (and their) existence that is being summonsed to make someone (most probably one of the okes who invented this system, because they’re the only one’s who understand it) a whack of money by analyzing the SAAF’s Ab Initio programme.

Doubtlessly they will find the existing system woefully deficient and will recommend (through the use of multiple acronyms centered on the letter Q and reference to new-found standards and organizations) that the entire SAAF Ab Initio system by placed under the stewardship of a new organization that will be paid squillions to do what we used to accomplish at CFS Dunnottar without all this crap.

Anyone care to provide an insight or a good reason why this is going to be a better system?

4HP

oerlikon
24th Jun 2007, 21:17
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Actually wish I could put tears in those eyes too.

So what used to be the second best airforce in the world is now being dragged down the pit of degeneration like the rest of the country?

mini
24th Jun 2007, 23:42
TLA's ... Three Letter Acronyms... have their origin in the US civil sevice, crept into the military and from there into the rest of the world.

Don't you just love Globilization... going forward... :E

PS "z" was deliberate.

forkingfishing
25th Jun 2007, 06:08
What a crock of ****! :ugh:

I.R.PIRATE
25th Jun 2007, 06:21
and dont forget the South African Committee Against Aviation.

madherb
25th Jun 2007, 08:04
FYI, IMHO the sooner we eliminate words the better. WIHIH? WTF? There now - succinct, to the point. Hey FRUB! - (Fat Repulsive Ugly B@stard) Nice. NIMBY! DINKYs need not apply. Only DICMs. Geddit? Me neither.....

Cheers! :yuk::yuk:

nugpot
26th Jun 2007, 17:06
and dont forget the South African Committee Against Aviation
I always thought the "c" stood for something else. Four letters.....

Well, actually five in the plural.