PDA

View Full Version : Crinkelstein's Believe it or Not thread

Crinklstein
23rd Jun 2007, 18:22
Emirates Places Order for 42 Boeing 777s

Airline Makes Largest Firm Order for the 777 in History, with 20 Additional Purchase Rights
Order Will Bring Total 777s in Emirates Fleet to 93, making it the World's Largest 777 Operatorhttp://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/photorelease/q4/051120h.gif (http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/photorelease/q4/pr_051120h.html)Click image to view Photo Release.
These images are available for editorial use by news media on: boeingmedia.com (http://boeingmedia.com/photoreleases/index.cfm)
NOTE: BCA photo release images are available on boeingmedia for 12 months from their release date.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Nov. 20, 2005 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE; BA] and Emirates today announced they have concluded contract negotiations for a firm order for 42 Boeing 777 (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777family/index.html) airplanes with purchase rights for 20 additional airplanes. The deal was announced by Emirates Chairman H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum at the Dubai Air Show and is valued at $9.7 billion at list prices.
Emirates' order is for 24 Boeing 777-300ERs, 10 777-200LR Worldliners and 8 777 Freighters, with the first airplanes scheduled for delivery in 2007.
"We're honored that Emirates' has again chosen the 777 and will now use the entire 777 family as a cornerstone of its fleet operations," said Alan Mulally, Boeing Commercial Airplanes president and chief executive officer. "Emirates is renowned for its quality and excellence and we're excited to see how the airline and its passengers will benefit from the superior economics, comfort and utility of the 777 models ordered today."
When current orders are delivered by late 2007, Emirates fleet will include 51 Boeing 777s, already making it one of the world's largest 777 fleets. This new order for 42 Boeing 777s will see the airline becoming the largest Boeing 777 operator in the world.
"We have had very positive results with the Boeing 777s already in our fleet," said Emirates Chairman H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum. "These new airplanes are perfectly suited to our business model for continued growth, both in cargo and passenger traffic, while maintaining the high level of comfort and exceptional service our passengers expect."
Emirates will use the 777 Family to extend routes to key European and Asian cities, and fly to emerging markets. The 777-200LR, which recently broke the world distance record for a commercial airliner, will allow Emirates to open new direct service to destinations across the globe, including direct flights to the U.S. West Coast. The airline currently serves over 75 destinations and continues to grow, including a 27% volume increase in cargo through its subsidiary Sky Cargo.
The 777-200LR is the world's longest-range commercial jetliner and is capable of connecting virtually any two cities around the globe. It will carry more passengers and more revenue generating cargo farther than any jetliner. In service, the 777-200LR can carry 301 passengers and baggage up to 9,420 nautical miles (17,445 kilometers).
The 777 Freighter, based on the -200LR airframe, will deliver value to the world's cargo operators, featuring the lowest trip cost of any large freighter and excellent tonne-kilometer economics. The 777 family has proven itself to be the leader in delivering twin-engine efficiency to the marketplace with lower fuel consumption, maintenance costs and operating costs.
All of the Boeing 777s included in this order by Emirates will be powered by General Electric's GE90 jet engine family and will meet QC2 noise standards for maximum accessibility to noise-sensitive airports.
Emirates firm order for 42 777s marks a milestone in Boeing's overwhelmingly successful airplane program. The airline is credited with the 777th order for a Boeing 777, bringing the total number of 777s ordered by 43 airlines around the world to 779 airplanes.

Courtesy of the Boeing Website - Press release.

4HolerPoler
23rd Jun 2007, 20:48
Nov. 20, 2005

Breaking news?

EGGW
23rd Jun 2007, 21:58
Must have been smoking "Special" Shisha....... :rolleyes:

GlueBall
23rd Jun 2007, 23:30
:ooh:. . .and the largest A380 operator to be, with 47 on order.

Hook
24th Jun 2007, 00:34
with 47 on order

55 actually. 8 more at le Bourget. At least this is RECENT news;)

Lock n' Load
24th Jun 2007, 00:55
And isn't Alan Mulally now CEO of Ford Autos, not Boeing anymore???

ernestkgann
24th Jun 2007, 03:03
Old Steino is one of the newer generation of propagandists in the company.

Marooned
24th Jun 2007, 03:06
93 this, 47 that... If EK would spend more time on being good instead of just looking good perhaps we could retain/attract enough pilots to fly the damn things.

Crinklstein
24th Jun 2007, 03:24
Did I say that it was breaking news? You missed the point...:ok:

GoreTex
24th Jun 2007, 03:50
he is just another new brainwashed idiot

sandkfir
24th Jun 2007, 04:40
And your point is ______________??????? Please fill in the space because I am no good at puzzles.:rolleyes:

145qrh
24th Jun 2007, 05:11
Ahhh, I think I have it.

The Vorlds Largest Operator....of coarse, must also mean the Vorlds Bestest Operator, Bestest Pay, Bestest Conditions.

Let me see, McDonald's; largest restaurant chain......ahh, yup, best food in the world.

I think our friend Crinkledcortex is finally on to something....BIGGEST is BEST.

Just a thought maybe he isn't from Good ole U S of aye, and is after all a local in disguise
:}:}

Marooned
24th Jun 2007, 05:19
Here's another puzzle:

We are 47 trainers short now + this time next year we are projected to be 75 trainers short = outsourcing of training to three companies (@ 3 to 5 x the cost) + DECs with no type or route experience + reduction in line training sectors from min 16 to 10 (in the post) + fatigue + reduction in entry requirements generally + not that many knocking on the door to join anyway + resignations = ???

380s, 777s whatever, there all no good without pilots.

sandkfir
24th Jun 2007, 07:16
Lets hope it doesn't end up with the "worlds biggest smoking hole"

If you put enough pressure on anything it will break eventually.

Crinklstein
24th Jun 2007, 08:36
Emirates Airline agrees to buy eight additional Airbus A380s

18 June 2007

Dubai based Emirates Airline has signed an agreement to buy eight additional A380 aircraft, taking their total order for the aircraft to 55. The letter of Intent was signed at the 47th International Paris Air show at le Bourget between Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman, Emirates Group and Louis Gallois, Airbus President and CEO.

Emirates was a launch customer for the A380 and already had the largest number of aircraft on order. The A380 fleet will start deliveries in the third quarter of 2008.

“Today, we’ve signalled our intent to buy eight more A380 aircraft, taking our total order to 55. This should leave no one in any doubt about our commitment to Airbus’ very large aircraft. The A380 will offer our customers the latest standards in comfort and Emirates Airline new standards of operational efficiency.” said Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman, Emirates Group.

“It gives us a great sense of pride that Emirates Airline are showing such faith in our A380 product and in Airbus. We thank Emirates Airline for this. Some have labelled the A380 the “gentle giant” and certainly at Airbus we are very proud of the A380’s environmental friendliness with levels of fuel efficiency that will help make aviation better for all,” said Airbus President and CEO Louis Gallois.

Being cleaner, greener, quieter and smarter, the A380 is already setting new standards for transport and the environment. Per passenger, the A380 is as fuel efficient as a small economical family car. The combination of extra passenger capacity without increasing the number of flights, excellent environmental performance and lower operating costs is an ideal solution for both increasingly congested airports and the airlines that serve them.

For passengers, the A380 offers larger, more comfortable seats in all classes and in the quietest cabins in the sky. It also gives airlines flexibility to economically offer improved comfort standards without reducing fleet capacity. By adapting to the latest market trends for larger premium class products, the A380 can typically carry 525 passengers in three classes in unprecedented comfort on flights of over 8000 nm (15 000km).

Airbus is an EADS company.

Courtesy - Airbus Website.

Saltaire
24th Jun 2007, 10:09
Get off the website you dork :8

Marooned
24th Jun 2007, 10:22
Is this how low HR have sunk...:confused:

Kalium Chloride
24th Jun 2007, 12:29
If you're not paying tax, I guess you have to spend the money on something... :hmm:

atiuta
24th Jun 2007, 13:04
Just love it when a shool yard fight resorts to name calling for lack of any other intelligent response.

Crinklstein
24th Jun 2007, 13:32
Guys first of all, for the record I am not with HR...but I am paid by Emirates and my allegiance is to them...but it's a regular line pilots salary. I don't get any more for doing this. (Sorry to dispel that conspiracy theory.)

Secondly, the moderator saw fit to morph my 2 new threads into one, completely change the title (without my knowlegde) and insult me in the process. At the very least have the professional courtesy to p.m. me informing me with what you were about to do. That's twice now you have insulted me on this public forum 4hole-poler. I hate to bring up your blatant faux pax on a previous thread (where you insulted 2 members) that quietly went away to save you the embarasssment. One of whom no longer posts.

Furthermore, a lot of the coments in reponse have just been childish and directly from the gutter, which places in question the entire credibility of this Middle-East Forum.

Last of all - I think it's time 4 holer-pole you should re-think your position and responsibility as moderator. At least bring back some credibility to this forum, because it's turning into a circus.

Thank you!

:yuk:

Still....the day is not lost.....The power that EK pays for is still on and it is keeping my beers cold.

Anyone catch that All-Blacks South Africa game yesterday? :ok:

Vorsicht
24th Jun 2007, 13:52
Probably a time for a bit of introspection when even the moderator thinks you're a tool

V

24th Jun 2007, 14:34
His toy train set is obviously broken :{

Hook
24th Jun 2007, 15:00
It's all well and good that Crinkles is happy at what he does. There is certainly no harm in that so good luck to him. Posting news articles is not wrong either - people have done it before and will continue to do so - although the initial 777 article he posted was pretty stupid and irrelevant considering it's so old. I guess one positive factor from the posts is that at least Emirates is expanding, not downsizing, and it's nice to work for an airine in this situation.
Of course the other side of the coin is that so many aircraft need so many pilots to fly them. Kudos to EK for investing in the machinery and equipment but poor show for the lack of similar investment in its staff. Now Crinkle may say that the conditions of employment are not bad at all etc etc. - but the issue now is the fact that we are unable to find enough suitable pilots to man the ships. And only better working conditions will change that. I can only guess that Crinkles has been here a short time - I have been much longer, almost 10 years, and have seen T+Cs slide downhill, especially since CK showed up a few years back.

Furthermore, a lot of the coments in reponse have just been childish and directly from the gutter, which places in question the entire credibility of this Middle-East Forum

Crinkles, everybody has a right to post here. If anything your posting 2- year old news does far more to discredit the forum.
As regards to your comments on 4HP, he is the moderator and he can do what he likes. It's his party. Just like your sort tell the whiners - if you don't like it, just leave.

Muttley Crew
24th Jun 2007, 15:12
That's twice now you have insulted me on this public forum 4hole-poler.

Not his fault if you're a slow-learner the first time around.

The power that EK pays for is still on and it is keeping my beers cold

You and Capt. America knocking back a few cold ones - sounds like a blast!

Keep it coming Crinkelstein, very entertaining! :ok: Hey how'd you get a job at EK with a name like that, anyway????

Crinklstein
24th Jun 2007, 15:43
You're one to talk... Muttley....sorry couldn't help m'self!

C'mon guys...Just go ahead and and admit it...You're just all bored and need me to give your lives meaning on this forum...nothing better to do than pick on Crinklstein....I mean what else is on the news? ....Again, sorry...so sorry. Just couldn't resist.

:ok:

4HolerPoler
24th Jun 2007, 17:24
I'm human Crinkelstein - sometimes I make a mistake. Or two. But if I'm wrong, I historically have the nuts to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong."

I think you're a dweeb. And that's my moderate evaluation. Yes, moderators have opinions. Maybe I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

Get a life & stop digging up two-year old crud.

If you wish to continue this diatribe send me a PM; the folk don't want to be bothered with this tripe. And please feel free to continue to criticize both my moderation as well as my rugby team.

4HP

Oceanic
24th Jun 2007, 17:27
Hook, wise words, must be a seasoned poster under a new name.
4HP, guess you are enjoying a European sojourn this time of year, top form:ok:

BusyB
24th Jun 2007, 17:37
Crinklstein,

I never did get a reply re traffic rights!:}

dunerider
25th Jun 2007, 04:25
Well put Hook.I agree with 4HP with respect to Crinkle.I actually believe calling you a dweeb is to good for a fool like you.

Crinklstein
25th Jun 2007, 10:52
Just a friendly reminder before I take this to a higher authority.

The PPRuNe Forums are a place where it's okay to be yourself as long as you always act with respect for your fellow members as well as PPRuNe staff. Our goal will be to treat our members as we would wish to be treated. In return, we ask that you act here as you would if you were face to face with the other members. You are not expected to leave your personality at the door. There are going to be topics and discussions that will have heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and do not make this a personal issue between you and another member.

:yuk:

Dirigible
25th Jun 2007, 11:16
Lets see if I comprehend what's going on...so Crinkle is called a dweeb on a public forum, gets his knickers all in a twist and is seeking a higher authority. You poor little boy, better run off to Mummy then... never mind them son, they are bound to fail their psycho evaluations and you'll be richly rewarded for your sterling HR work.

sandkfir
25th Jun 2007, 11:16
Oooooooh . Mr MOD I think he is going to tell on you. I am sure you must be really nervous.

thefoxandfirkin
25th Jun 2007, 12:06
This is getting too personal and vindictive.

We've all got our views on these things but the one thing I do at least agree with Crinkley on is that it should not become personal and bitty. He loves the Company and wants to show it that's his perogative! The rest of us will just try and fill in the blanks (for example the beer in Dubai is like camel's excretement).

These forums are often read by pax who wished they had an office at 35,000 feet and fresh CPL and IR wannabees. This thread is starting to look like a 10 year old school boy fight (my dad's got a bigger one than yours stuff) and doesn't exactly show of the best of the profession.

My two pathetic little fils worth! :rolleyes:

GoreTex
25th Jun 2007, 12:16
Crincel,
I have seen lots of guys like you in my 12 years in EK, but where are they now?
They have been bypassed, shafted or axed by freddie kruger, lets see in 3 years when you demand your upgrade.

As I said before I think you are an idiot with no life who probably fits in the EK reporting culture, but please don't take it to higher authority because I mean it in the most respectful way.

yardman
25th Jun 2007, 12:31
Crinks,
I'm certainly not here to insult you as I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, that notwithstanding, there is an old adage, 'When you're in a hole, stop digging'! It's one of those universal truths that is probably applicable to the situation that you now find yourself in.
Yardman

eklawyer
25th Jun 2007, 12:40
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50347475/Ladies__Handbag.jpg

Goat Liner
25th Jun 2007, 13:31
...and I thought QR was bad!

yardman
25th Jun 2007, 13:36
ek Lawyer,
Now that's funny:}:}:}

TangoUniform
25th Jun 2007, 14:25
Let's see, Crink has been called "brainwashed, an idiot, a dork, a tool, a slow learner, and dweeb". I am truly beginning to wonder about the maturity and intelligence of the EK pilot group. C'mon guys, having some pride in the company he works for generates name calling? Disagree all you want with his assesment of the company and make arguements on why he is wrong in his assesment. Outsiders must have a really high opinion of the EK pilot group from this thread. (but the purse is funny)