PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Myspace Account

wondering
23rd Jun 2007, 14:46
Has anyone who has a myspace profil been hacked? It happened to me and whoever did it abused my profil to write nasty stuff in some groups. Shouldnt all hackers just be burned at the stake? I mean they are evil.

hobie
23rd Jun 2007, 15:54
Have a look at this Google .....

Some of the titles are going to depress you I suspect ....

i really need to know how to hack into a myspace account..it will determine my relationship with my boyfriend! please HELP!

$$$ help us ...... :(

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Hacked+Myspace+Account+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Felix Saddler
23rd Jun 2007, 16:43
Sad people....

G-BOY
23rd Jun 2007, 22:12
Firstly it's 'profile' and not 'profil' (unless you're French)

Second: The only way somebody can hack your myspace, is if they type in your password - so either it was blatently obvious - something like 'a' four or six times. If it was complex enough - it wasn't a phraze, sentance etc. and contained a few numbers to replace letters - then whoever took control of your account installed a keylogger onto your computer.

Get Stop Zilla from cnet (www.cnet.com (http://www.cnet.com)) which should detect it, and anything else - such as spyware and adware - block it, ban it, stop it.

Brillant program for 29squid - you can download the trial version for free though - just to see if it works on your computer.

wondering
24th Jun 2007, 10:17
I tried Spybot which did not detect any spyware. I reckon, a phishing site got me in the first place. Maybe changing my password to something I cant even remember should help, too.

And yes English is not my first language and neither is French. Me thinks 'profile' is spelled 'profil' in more than one language. In any case, I will try to remember 'profile' ;)

JamesT73J
25th Jun 2007, 08:26
A common phishing technique on Myspace is an exploit of the 'you must be logged on to do that' page. Many people have been had. Somewhere, you've followed a link from within myspace to a faked page, and you've logged in, thus giving someone your password.

Hopefully you can change it back to whatever it was originally.

James