PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Becoming a Pilot..so confused..

nickz89
23rd Jun 2007, 11:30
Hey There..
im seeking advise on starting of my dream of becoming a pilot..i just graduated from high school (18 this year)...
i signed up for a flying school in the Phillipines few months back ..but they didnt keep thier promise on the flight hours & etc.
so now im basicly lost..
im a malaysian..and wish 2 know which of the flight schools in msia is the "best"

hope 2 get a reply

thx,
nickz

Garfs
23rd Jun 2007, 11:53
Theres a few posts on flight schools in Malaysia, so theres some good reading for you. Each school has its cons which are highlighted in the posts, just visit each of them to see which you feel most comfortable with

DOnt know which one is best, but the newest is the Gulf Flying Academy in Bintulu if I am not mistaken.

Good luck in your search

roxar
23rd Jun 2007, 12:01
yeah!...ggifa in bintulu i think the newest flying school..
but before u apply go to DCA to get the approval letter...
and i hv some question about APFT...
student APFT got loan from PTPTN izzit true?..
:ugh:

ssangyongs
23rd Jun 2007, 19:02
can you tell us more about the Phils school? Because i stayed in Philippines for 10 years and got an offer yesterday to be flight instructor. One year contract.

roxar
23rd Jun 2007, 20:39
huh?!...
ssangyong u got FI license?..
now u got the job...
:{

thornycactus
24th Jun 2007, 04:51
can you tell us more about the Phils school? Because i stayed in Philippines for 10 years and got an offer yesterday to be flight instructor. One year contract.
http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/8/6/23/f_pointingerrm_e0f9880.jpg
At the age of 12, living in the Philippines. ssangyongs's Tagalog must be fantastic!

thornycactus
24th Jun 2007, 04:58
Hey There..im seeking advise on starting of my dream of becoming a pilot..i just graduated from high school (18 this year)...i signed up for a flying school in the Phillipines few months back ..but they didnt keep thier promise on the flight hours & etc.so now im basicly lost..

Would you kindly tell us which school? This will help readers from getting trapped.

ssangyongs
24th Jun 2007, 07:09
i dont have instructor license as you thought. i should not have mentioned the school too but it's too late. hehe

offered a place for their instructor's course. with a confirmed job upon successful completion of the course.

Actually it's the reversed. Stayed in the philippines from 0-10 yrs old, moved back to Penang for 12 years and counting, now studying around klang valley.

I used to speak decent Tagalog but lost it. Now i can only understand and speak basic Tagalog.

nickz89
30th Jun 2007, 15:15
Wcc Masters Flying School

The Owner (capt Ramond) plus a few agents came 2 msia 2 advertise the school few months back..they promised 500 flying hours for the 1st 50 students who signed up...well i was 1 of the 1st 50...but at the last miniute, they changed thier mind..and made it into 200 istead of 500...and if i want the 500 flying hours i have 2 work for them as a junior insturtor wihout pay...t(' ',t
Lolz..so now i guess i'll b taking my course localy...

(reply 2 my older post..tq)