PDA

View Full Version : EK + cataracts surgery

Juliet-Echo
23rd Jun 2007, 07:08
I tried posting this on the Medical Forum but my question wasn't really answered.

I am anxious to know if I would still be able to get a job with EK after having cataract surgery.

My eyes are still ok at the moment but the doc says surgery is unavoidable. It seems that I should still be able to hold a Class 1 medical, post-surgery, as long as I can pass the vision exam. Is this company specific, though?

tbaylx
23rd Jun 2007, 10:11
As long as you can hold the Cat 1 medical you should be fine.

Try contacting Emirates medical examiner Dr. Louise Sewell at [email protected] for the official word though.

Eldin
23rd Jun 2007, 15:25
If I were in your shoes, I'd make an appointment with Dr. Roger Akel in his clinic on the beach road.

He had originally planned on leaving Dubai in July for good though, so I'm not sure how much time you may have left.

Roger is one of the most senior aeromedecial examiners (medical examiner serial number 002) in the UAE and presides occasionally over review boards. He is also NOT an Emirates employee and can offer you unbiased advice. He is also a very caring individual and I would want to discuss aeromedical questions that might affect my livelihood with him first and foremost.

Good luck mate...

Thylakoid
25th Jun 2007, 00:22
To the best of my recollection, Louise left the EK Clinic a long time ago.
Ackel would be more appropriate. Then again; the blinder, the better, in the Middle East:E