PDA

View Full Version : EXPAT my brass ring?

Soundbarviolatr
23rd Jun 2007, 04:10
I've seen so many opportunities in expat jobs. Anyone have any intel on how to break into this part of the industry? The very decent tax free pay, heavy equipment and roundtrip tickets every 3-4 months seem to be very appealing and I am used to working out of remote and dangerous areas from my military days. I'd really appreciate any intel fellas and Im open to all worldwide locations. G-1159, GIV, DA90, LRJET, CE560, CE560XL, CE750 experience. Thanks!!!

parabellum
23rd Jun 2007, 10:43
It is all about relevant type ratings, (the company's equipment), a suitable licence acceptable to their regulator and sufficient hours on a type they operate usually. Cathay Pacific will take unrated guys, either as an SO on the Pax fleet or a DEFO on the freighter fleet, again, depends on age and suitability, the latter being determined at interviews and a simulator ride.

Soundbarviolatr
23rd Jun 2007, 19:56
FAA ATP and Captain rated and current on G2/3 and Citation 500 series. How do you break into the circle and find out who's who and who's hiring? Websites? Contacts anyone?