PDA

View Full Version : Missing aircraft in Bata Equatorial Guinea

R.A.S.
22nd Jun 2007, 20:32
Big search started today 22.06.2007 for local Italian businessman and pilot. Search continues tomorrow.

NDB17
23rd Jun 2007, 02:43
R.A.S,

Do you know what aircraft was involved? Have a buddy who flies for an italian out there.

Heli-Jet
23rd Jun 2007, 18:52
Last heard back in 2005 that Jamie was pilot/Engineer on a SE3130 hopefully it wasn't a chopper that went down. Can anyone give more details

R.A.S.
23rd Jun 2007, 19:53
Italian ultra light. The aircraft has being found with one fatality, the pilot survived.

Heli-Jet
24th Jun 2007, 00:42
Does anyone know who the passenger was, the only Italian business owner in Bata that owns an Ultra-light is Igor Celotti. Was he the passenger???

R.A.S.
24th Jun 2007, 08:04
Correct, very sad.

Heli-Jet
24th Jun 2007, 16:22
Both SK76 (Amerada HESS) helicopters involved with search for Italian businessman Igor Celotti and pilot Juan Cruz. Plane wreckage found by another aircraft.

Igor Celotti - dead
Juan Cruz - Alive

Satanabduljabar
25th Jun 2007, 13:15
My thoughts go out to all of Igor's family and friends at this time. I worked for him last year and found him to be a very nice man. This news is very upsetting.

Juan Cruz, I hope you make a full recovery, my best wishes to you and your lovely family. You made me feel very welcome out there in EG.

Heli-Jet
25th Jun 2007, 15:44
A private Cessna plane with two persons aboard was reported disappeared on Thursday in the continental part of Equatorial Guinea, according to news reaching here Saturday from Malabo, capital of the country.
The plane took off Thursday afternoon from Mongomo, native city of Equatorial Guinean President Teodoro Obiang Nguema, situated in the central west of the country, to Bata, the economic capital.
Investigations had been launched in order to find the plane.
According to Equatorial Guinean private association General Works which owns the plane, a pilot and the association's general director Igor Celotti were on the plane. Celotti who is an Italian was on his way to Mongomo for discussions with Equatorial Guinean head of state.
Source: Xinhua

Heli-Jet
25th Jun 2007, 15:49
The company General Work, of which part of the capital belongs to the family of president Obiang Nguema, includes/understands a branch specialized in the building and public works and has a fleet of planes and helicopters.

Heli-Jet
25th Jun 2007, 15:56
24 of June
The industralist Juan Cruz hospitalized in Libreville
Agency EFE confirmed yesterday that the Spanish industralist Juan Cruz had survived the accident of the small plane that he manned in that the industralist also traveled Igor Celotti.
[Plaintext (http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.asodegue.org/junio2407.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DIgor%2BCelotti%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)]

23 of June
Surviving?
It seems that one of the people who traveled in the small plane she could have survived the accident. The first information indicate that Juan Cruz would be the Spanish.

Located the rest of the small plane
According to our news the rest of the small plane have been sighted in the morning of today in the zone of Evinayong (center of Muni River) in which the industralists traveled Juan Cruz and Igor Celotti. Apparently in a near town the day of the trip had been heard an explosion which has alerted to the equipment search. It is a very mountainous zone, difficult, and members of I exercise have left on foot towards the place in which they are the rest.

The version of France Press
Agency France Press has spread today from Malabo the following office: “A private small plane of tourism Cessna type, with two people on board, disappeared Thursday in
[Plaintext (http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.asodegue.org/junio23071.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DIgor%2BCelotti%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)]

The Spanish embassy in Malabo confirms the disappearance of the industralist Juan Cruz
Agency Europe Press spread to last hour of afternoon of yesterday the following office: “The canary industralist Juan Cruz disappeared in afternoon of yesterday when he traveled in

superserong
26th Jun 2007, 05:30
Go easy man. Thanks for saving my butt that time.

Heli-Jet
26th Jun 2007, 15:45
Conflicting reports, was the aircraft a Cessna or an Ultralight, has anyone heard from the pilot as to whether it was mechanical or wx related. If he left late in the afternoon the weather sure backs up into the mountains where he was flying.