View Full Version : Easyjet - London basings

jb5000
22nd Jun 2007, 11:19
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to start with Easyjet in December / January. I have had a search but couldn't really find any up to date information.

Ideally I would love to have Gatwick (or Stansted) as my primary base, do you think it would be a problem getting into either of those straight away? Are they particularly over or under subscribed?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

SmokeAndNoise
22nd Jun 2007, 22:23
LGW should be no problem but it depends if you're starting as CPT or FO. FO list is shorter.
STN not bad outlook either. In any case the wait shouldn't be too long.

Good Luck!

:ok:

Doug the Head
23rd Jun 2007, 12:26
Avoid LTN (Luton) like the plague! A miserable place, 737's, lot's of "management" pilots and last but not least: ToiletTown/Luton itself. :eek:

I have frequently flown out of all 3 bases in the past and if I was forced to choose between LGW or STN, I would always choose STN, an ex-Go base, which means the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed when compared to LGW. Nice crews and fairly hassle free (for UK standards that is...:ouch: ).

Just my 2 pennies...

boxoffrogs
23rd Jun 2007, 22:46
Just my two pennies then...

What Doug the h says is garbage, he's probably frustrated at having to take a command on the Boeing and can't get back to his beloved 319 somewhere north of LTN.

Yes, Luton is perhaps not the most architecturally stunning town but the base is not crawling with management pilots and the crews are all friendly and welcoming......and the car park is right on the doorstep.

Horses for courses, best of luck

jb5000
24th Jun 2007, 10:28
Thanks for all the replies!