PDA

View Full Version : Thai Air Force self funding?

AR1
21st Jun 2007, 14:43
Flying lumps of clay in fast jets, and making some cash.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/06/21/wthai121.xml

Nice money making Idea, I think they nicked it from our similar trick in the mid '80s of flying concrete blocks around in the front of Tornado F2s'

charliegolf
21st Jun 2007, 15:03
Was that before they had pilots then?

CG

Have we progressed?:ok:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
21st Jun 2007, 18:42
Air Chief Marshal Paisal Sitabur, the force's deputy commander

So what rank's their top fellah then? Marshal of the RTAF?

Exrigger
21st Jun 2007, 20:40
our similar trick in the mid '80s of flying concrete blocks around in the front of Tornado F2s'

Ah Blue Circle Airlines, remember it well :)

NRU74
22nd Jun 2007, 04:10
Johnnie Johnson pioneered this in the 1960's by having soil flown from Kenya to Aden [by Beverley] for his garden. I recall he preferred a light loam to clay.

Pressonitis
22nd Jun 2007, 09:51
Remember the incident..., and didn't the S**T hit the fan big time when the word got out..., which was about ten minutes after the Bev landed at Khormaksar as I recall....

The movers (and many more) had a shed load of one liners on that topic for a while after the event.

Also recall JJ and his return to UK - I believe that it included an Argosy for the wife and furniture (or was that the furniture and wife), a Hastings for the Mini and the Merc... Brit for him and immediate staff and the remainder of his items - everyone else had to do with an MFO plywood box or three, which ended up in transit by sea for a couple of months. Methinks JJ had a somewhat excessive air lift allocation, but then after all, he owned all the a/c in MEAF...:ugh:

PressOn...