PDA

View Full Version : VFR flights in Las Vegas?

steggers
21st Jun 2007, 12:05
Afternoon guys,

I am a holder of a JAR PPL and am hoping to go to Las Vegas in October to do some hour building while on holiday. Does anybody know where i can get a VFR cart for Las Vegas from? I've tried Transair but they don't supply them, and if i go onto an Amercian website they don't ship stock from overseas. (Or if they do, you need to spend over $50!) Does anyone know if any companies in the UK stock them?

Many Thanks

Blueskyrich
21st Jun 2007, 13:46
I've just returned from the US after some hour building.

I ended up ordering from a US pilot store online and paid only a few dollars for the items. Can't remember which one now though - google may be a good bet.

However, to get a feel for things, I suggest you take a look at www.skyvector.com - whilst all the usual warnings about chart currency etc. apply, this will at least give you a good feel for how the US charts differ and what you might/might not be able to do when over there.

Also, another book that I found really useful over there is called "Say Again Please" - it describes how the US airspace/ATC system works and is good reading for us who are used to different ways of working this side of the pond.

AlsWings
21st Jun 2007, 16:05
Order them direct from the FAA website, all their prices include postage to the UK. You'll need the sectional chart and the terminal chart for vegas, you'll probably get change from £10. :ok:

matt85
21st Jun 2007, 16:32
Hello.

Just a small point..

I looked at this as I am going over there this year at somepoint but a LOT of places I looked at only hire a/c to locals (for solo flights obv) from what I can gather.

My advice would be to get something confirmed 100% before you go over there. And then tell me all about it when you get back :ok:.

Cheers,

Matt