PDA

View Full Version : Anyone set up RANT XL for A109 or S-61?

ChristopherRobin
20th Jun 2007, 15:22
Hi there

I wonder if anyone could help me please? I've just got RANT XL and I understand you can customise it for different aircraft. If that is the case has anyone customised it for the A109 or S-61?

I would be extremely grateful if you could advise me how this is best achieved - I don't have access to the aircraft yet.

Many thanks
CR

helicopter-redeye
20th Jun 2007, 16:41
You are basically 'just' picking the instrument fit you want from the configuration menu. For those machines choose the advanced EFIS fit rather than the dials fit.

So either Nav Fits/ Modify/ Basic Equiq/ EFIS +/- EHSI and then pick the FD you want to use on the next tab.

After that you are tending to change the colours & etc.

Beyond that, needles is needle

h-r;)

Droopystop
20th Jun 2007, 19:21
Which S61? Which 109? Instrument fits vary from company to company, aircraft to aircraft. Usual to have an HSI with ADF built into it, but take you pick - I flew 4 different aircraft of the same type this month, with three different instrument fits.

ChristopherRobin
21st Jun 2007, 11:41
thanks Redeye - that's much appreciated. Droopystop I'm not sure which S-61 except to say its likely to be a non-EFIS aircraft but IFR capable, and it will be a A109E.

Cheers!

Droopystop
21st Jun 2007, 18:47
CR,

For the S61, if it is a SAR machine it might be EHSI, if not it will either be HSI with an ADF needle on top or an RMI with an OBS. If it is the simulator..... I think it is RMI/OBS equiped.

ChristopherRobin
22nd Jun 2007, 09:44
thanks Droopystop - much appreciated!