PDA

View Full Version : Basic Helicopter Hours in the USA

Ema_CTA
20th Jun 2007, 15:15
Good afternoon to all,
I'm an Italian Helicopter Trainee Pilot, flying currently on Robinson 22 Beta II.
Somebody of you know where i can make some hours in USA or in Europe at a lower price of 390 € per hour?
In few months I need to fly about 105 hours for start CPL (H) and I want to spend less than 35000 €.

All answers will be apreciated.

Bye,

Emanuele

BHenderson
20th Jun 2007, 16:39
Hi Emanuele,

Is €360 a normal price in Italy? It seems quite expensive!

Do you want to fly commercially in Europe or elsewhere? because that is where you should build you hours in my opinion.

Try http://www.bestaviation.net/helicopter_schools/ and browse by country. For comparison I pay 155+VAT GBP (€269 per hour) to rent a helicopter solo.

Bobby

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2007, 16:41
That's cheap B - where on earth do you get rate? Does that include VAT?

Ah, I see you've just edited that!! So, that's £182.13 an hour!

Cheers

Whirls

BHenderson
20th Jun 2007, 17:03
If you have 35k handy, then you can get that for 97 GBP inclusive of VAT per hour. That's my plan anyway!

Ema_CTA
20th Jun 2007, 17:24
Ok I have found some schools in USA that have prices about 180 $ solo or 210$ by dual, which apologyse is good prices for a Robinson. In Italy unfortunately we have strange prices for all concerning aviation.
Now I can try to check something in Europe to avoid conversion FAA/JAA.

Thank you for your help.

Wish you best.

Emanuele

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2007, 17:28
If this is for hour building rather than licence issue, then there are many places that are cheaper than Europe so you could consider Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.

Cheers

Whirls

Ema_CTA
20th Jun 2007, 19:05
:rolleyes:Yes but in any case after I must convert my licence to JAA for European Operations.
The very big problem is the Italian price..I will spent 73000 € for the ATPL Frozen without IFR Rating and I have read that in the USA the prices is about 40000$ (29000 € actually) for CPL (H), IR, CPI and IFR Instructor, concluding with about 250 hours.
The best way seems to be USA but the problem is the JAA policy.
Someone know the australian situation? Licence Converting troubles?

I'm still looking out for something better.

Regards.
Emanuele