PDA

View Full Version : Is your name badge being sold on eBay?

Mud Clubber
20th Jun 2007, 09:18
Check this guy out. I was quite dis-chuffed to find my own name badge being sold by this guy!
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZwww.thegacQQhtZ-1

newt
20th Jun 2007, 10:07
Great idea!! Are the older ones worth more iI wonder. Might go find my old patches and sell the lot!!

London Mil
20th Jun 2007, 10:36
Drown them in beer, singe the edges with a fag lighter and throw them in the wash first. You'll get more dosh for a battle-hardened badge. ;)

Monkey Madness
20th Jun 2007, 11:04
Check this guy out. I was quite dis-chuffed to find my own name badge being sold by this guy!

Is he allowed to do that??

airborne_artist
20th Jun 2007, 11:14
Is he allowed to do that??

Hard to complain if your badge says Nocky Tupper :}

http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a3/9c/d76b_1.JPG

hobie
20th Jun 2007, 11:25
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZwww.thegacQQhtZ-1

You never know ... it might be purchased by a gorgeous blond in a cottage down in the depths of Cornwall and you could send her a message saying ..... "Would you like to meet the real thing!!!!" :p

mind you ..... it could well be someone you would never wish to meet ........ :suspect:

Whaaa newark
20th Jun 2007, 12:00
I asked the guy if he owned these badges and this is the reply I got:

"I bought these at auction therefore I am the owner. what exactly is the point that you are trying to make."

No Whaaa.

Dan Winterland
20th Jun 2007, 14:04
I was in an Army surplus store once (I don't go in them usually - I was trying to buy some cheap boots for my son for the cadets - honest!) and I saw some name badges on the wall - some of people I used to work with. I asked where the shop got them from, it appears they were on flying suits that arrived as their stock.

So if you don't want your name appearing on the flying suit of some wannabe at an airshow, remove them (or get the suippers to) when you hand your romper suits in.

Archimedes
20th Jun 2007, 14:30
In the same vein, there's an army surplus shop in Taunton that has rails full of CS95 shirts and Jerseys, Heavy Wool, almost all of which have 'RM Commando ' shoulder flashes, TRFs and in some cases para wings still attached.

I'd have thought that to attempt to supress walting (or, more seriously, attempts to pass oneself off as a Marine at main gate somewhere) someone might have thought about removing this stuff before sending it out to surplus stores. Given the penchant some people have for collecting badges, it's no surprise that these get snipped off and sold separately.

airborne_artist
20th Jun 2007, 14:49
Archimedes - you can go to Silvermans and many others and buy all the kit, badges etc. new and unissued, and sew them on yourself, so stripping them off before disposal really makes no odds. I don't think too many Walts have got past the guardroom just because they had all the badges and clothing, but without a current ID.

Training Risky
20th Jun 2007, 15:32
Seeing as you can gain entry to a lot of stations by holding up a credit card/Blockbusters card/fag packet..... I don't share your confidence!:O

Schnowzer
20th Jun 2007, 16:09
Das Dasilva. Scary!

thunderbird7
20th Jun 2007, 16:36
On a slightly related note, I do remember an Aussie chap during a Fincastle beerathon, being interviewed live on Morayfirth-ray-deee-oHHH! and introduced as Flt Lt Yorrick Hunt. :ooh:

foldingwings
20th Jun 2007, 16:59
He'll not get much for them! They're all air defenders!

OK! I'm off!

Always a Sapper
20th Jun 2007, 20:06
Simple PERSEC really.... Take all the Badges/Name Tags etc off the kit before handing in to the stores... :ugh:

Won't take long and can normaly be acheived a lot quicker than 'speedy' behind the counter finding the new kit on the shelf... :E

threepointonefour
20th Jun 2007, 20:29
Oh man - "Pants on" and "Daz" ..... words fail me.

I still have my old, classy, "Combined U N Tac Sqn" VIZ character badge, you might remember it from such operations as 'Deny Flight' ... I could get millions for that!

Perhaps this guy bought them from The Ambiorix (or however you spelt it - I never looked anywhere but at my cloudy weissbeer) in the square at Leuven?

November4
20th Jun 2007, 22:46
there's an army surplus shop in Taunton that has rails full of CS95 shirts and Jerseys,
And some old RAF kit........:hmm: :eek:

MadAxeMan
21st Jun 2007, 16:17
I wonder if these are ones that are missing from "The Goose" wall of honour.:=

(>|<)

PICKS135
21st Jun 2007, 17:19
I thought all badges affixed to grobags were now attached to velcro to maintain persec when on ops ?

Mud Clubber
21st Jun 2007, 21:13
Yeah that's the whole point! Some cheeky oik has stolen one of my badges and has sold it on eBay! Nobody really gives a badge away, it just sits in a drawer just in case you get posted back - right?

Some dude could be causing mayhem somewhere on the airshow circuit soon as me!

Anyway, it just got on my tits that's all.

J.A.F.O.
21st Jun 2007, 22:21
See, you're missing the point - you can now go wild at any hangar bash you want and then produce the eBay page as evidence at the court martial that someone had stolen your identity.

Glass Half Empty
21st Jun 2007, 22:41
well the good news is that no-one has bid for your illustrious name badge.