PDA

View Full Version : UK Airshow Review

Flame Out
20th Jun 2007, 08:32
looking for help, have registered onto UK airshow review a few months ago and still waiting to have my account authorised. Unable to write to any of the moderators or members as my account isn't active.

So if there is a person out there in cyber world that can help to have the account authorised can you PM me, many thanks.

AlanM
20th Jun 2007, 10:06
Why not re-register!!!????

You mean ukar.co.uk?

Flame Out
20th Jun 2007, 17:30
Alan, tried that, same result! Hopefully an administrator or user will see this thread and help out.

BOAC
20th Jun 2007, 17:35
I'll lay 10 to 1 you have not responded to an email from the board about the registration. It happens all the time on PPRune.:ugh:

Could have got dumped into a spam folder/killed (See AOL thread)?

Flame Out
20th Jun 2007, 17:42
many thanks speedbird heavy, responded to all emails too, sorry if it sounds smart, but i've tried all i can think of. my account name is in the list but with awaiting authorisation, logged against it.

Bo Nalls
20th Jun 2007, 18:54
Just tested the process to become a member and I got an email within 10secs of clicking the ''submit my registration'' button. The email has a link which needs to be clicked to confirm registration; this sends you back to the website and displays this message:

Thank you *******. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.

Process took less than a minute :bored:

Have you tried a different email address?

Now, how do I go about cancelling this registration :}

Flame Out
20th Jun 2007, 20:13
Bo Nalls, tried that with different names and email addresses, got the confirmation emails in return and confirmations sent back, still sitting on the forum as awaiting confirmation!!

There has to be a way forward.

Try and post and see what response you get back, that's the acid test. I'm trying to post.

BOAC
20th Jun 2007, 22:12
Cookies????

Flame Out
20th Jun 2007, 22:22
yep, and tried Firefox, IE7 and Netscape:ugh:

Flame Out
25th Jun 2007, 09:15
Bump Bump Bump

hobie
25th Jun 2007, 11:42
Have you tried to register using a new user name but on say a PC at work or a buddies PC ...... :confused:

Flame Out
25th Jun 2007, 13:12
Hobie, I have, it would be good if I could get direct contact with the UKAR moderators. Is there a person out there that looks at this site and uses UKAR and could get the a moderator to PM via this website?

Argonautical
25th Jun 2007, 14:48
I have just registered and found that the email sent to me has been marked as junk and moved to the junk folder! Does Lycos know something I don't ?

Flame Out
25th Jun 2007, 17:56
Right... this is the message i get back from the site after confirming my email address. The next step is obviously down to the site administrator, this is what I am now hoping for.

That someone on here will take pity who has an account on the forum and nudge an administrator.

Thank you **********. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.

Once this bit has happened I can then start contributing to the forum.