PDA

View Full Version : Another EK DEC on the Airbus!!

MR8
20th Jun 2007, 04:20
Just had a peak on the seniority list. Last place, a South African chap, DEC on the A330. Oh yeah, 61 years old...

I actually can't believe what EK is pulling here. The waiting on the Airbus is currently exactly 4 years 1 month, and with the announced training schedule on the portal, it's increasing to at least 4.5 years in the next months.

So WTF is this DEC doing here??

MR8

145qrh
20th Jun 2007, 04:37
I think , and it's only a thought, have a look at the name of your "DEC"..Think he might not be.

Looks like he has been shafted, just like the rest of us!!!

six7driver
20th Jun 2007, 05:31
Fact: not a wind-up but I know someone who was just hired as a DEC at EK on the airbus, and interviewed just a few weeks ago! Hope that doesn't spoil your mood further MR8

MR8
20th Jun 2007, 05:39
145qrh,

Looks like you're right, the guy has been here forever. Thought he would retire at 60 though.. who would want to do this job at his age?

MR8

Fart Master
20th Jun 2007, 11:48
Actually if its the guy who is position 1718 on the seniority list, he was one of the 2 very senior guys who were retired because of the age 60 rule, became SFI's and have now been able to return to the line.

atiuta
20th Jun 2007, 12:14
Guys, this gentleman is exactly that. Highly respected, been here a very long time, never left.

Became an SFI when he turned 60 and returned to the line due to the 65 year rule and probably won't be the last either. Personally, he should have been reinstated at his old seniority and ironically I doubt anyone would have noticed that!

His choice to retire or not and given the state of his country, I can understand why.

Let's deal with the facts.

ruserious
20th Jun 2007, 15:34
Yep, he was one of the true "Gentlemen" trainers, he is very welcome back on the line :ok:

Terry McCassey
20th Jun 2007, 17:17
An all round good egg, respected by all who had the pleasure of flying or working with him. Welcome back, a true gentleman, typical of all ex-Laker men !

411A
21st Jun 2007, 01:19
....a true gentleman, typical of all ex-Laker men !

Generally true, the ex-Laker folks are top-notch.

Especially the guy I'm working with now on a new scheduled/ad-hoc charter airline, the ex- Director of Marketing, the number two guy in the 'ole Laker organisation.
Seems to know just about everyone in the charter business, many pilots included.

Sir Freddie developed a loyal following, and his door was always open, to everyone.
Quite unlike many airline managements now.:{

Sudden thought...I wonder what EK would be like now if Sir Freddie had run the show from the beginning?

violate
21st Jun 2007, 06:48
Sudden thought...I wonder what EK would be like now if Sir Freddie had run the show from the beginning?
Almost certainly a much nicer place to work, but just as certainly not as successful. Say what you like about this lot, they do know how to make money.
I think maybe Gordon Gekko might be a better example of a potential CEO, as they have truly bought his philosophy... Greed is Good

max AB
21st Jun 2007, 08:00
I suspect the owners of the brick yards in northern china made money as well...!