PDA

View Full Version : SSH (Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt) security

drichard
19th Jun 2007, 13:09
Hi all, just a couple of questions for the more experienced flyers out there ...

I'm flying LGW - SSH on Sun (Monarch charter - MON5278), and returning a week later. Can you carry liquids purchased Post security onto the a/c on the LGW-SSH sector.

Are the ridiculous "no liquids through security" rules enforced for the SSH-LGW (i.e. return) leg?

Also, any coments about what to expect on the flight by the way if IFE? Customer service had no information at all - couldn't even tell me what the food was likely to be.

Thanks in advance

Dave

k3lvc
19th Jun 2007, 16:28
Just come back from SSH but with BA (GB Airways). As long as it's single sector then no issue re the liquids - if you're connecting in the UK on return then expect problems.

Sorry can't help with the Monarch IFE situation but hope it was better than GB's pitiful effort otherwise its a long flight !

drichard
3rd Jul 2007, 10:37
Before anyone screams at me, I have run this past the moderators before posting.

I'd like to let others flying from SSH know that the same liquid rules through security that are in place in the UK are supposed to be applied in SSH.

However, the experience of our group of travellers, and having spoken to the senior steward on the return flight was that this was not enforced at all.

I deliberately left a 1l bottle of water in my cabin bag, others left 2x 2l bottles, others carried open bottles of spirits (all bags were x-rayed 2x), others hand carried bottles of water through the metal detector in full view of the security staff!!! No one was challenged except for when the metal detector bleeped. I did not see any liquids confiscated.

k3lvc
3rd Jul 2007, 11:31
But woe betide you if you dare to have a shell (of the sea rather than military variety) in your luggage !!