PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft leasing and AOC

rebagliato
19th Jun 2007, 09:04
Hi to all,

I am interested in leasing an aircraft to fly under the AOC of a company.
The airplane I am interested is a Citation I or II.
I haven't found too much information about this in the forum, so I would be very grateful if somebody could help me telling what to expect in terms of money or anything I should consider important.

thank you in advance,

Reb.

Flintstone
19th Jun 2007, 09:45
You have mail.

rebagliato
19th Jun 2007, 16:52
Hi again,

I didn't explain myself very well.

What I am trying to do, as a pilot, is to lease an aircraft and then fly it under the AOC of an air taxi company.

I would appreciate very much any advice you can give me in paperwork and money I should need to do it.

Kind regards,

Reb.

Stratocaster
19th Jun 2007, 18:45
Let's see if I understood correctly... Are you trying to be like a free electron in a structure governed by JAR-OPS requirements where you'd just pay a rent to have the necessary paperwork in your pocket ?

Correct ?

rebagliato
19th Jun 2007, 19:40
Let me explain again, and I don't want too look sarcastic or like being rude:

I am going to work for that company using its AOC. I have my customers, and also the ones of the company. Because my intention is work in biz jets, and my customers are interested in my service, I think that leasing can be a good option looking for the future as an independent operator. I have already looked an aircraft so the doubts I have is about the paperwork and money I have to invest in.
Do you think I should try it or is going to give too many problems?
Hence, if somebody can give me some advice I will be more than grateful.

Waiting for your news,

Reb.

CL300
20th Jun 2007, 13:47
Why don't you get yourself employed by the charter company and being the entitled pilot for the customers you are bringing in ?