View Full Version : SAA A320?

worldranger
9th Aug 2001, 03:09
I see that A320 ZS-SHE did a test flight from FAJS on Tuesday. Does anyone know if this was a pre-delivery test to the new owners or is it still sticking around?

skyvan
10th Aug 2001, 06:38
Most likely a post-maintenance test flight, but it is on it's way out. Probably just to make room for the A340-400s :rolleyes:
Apparently you'll have to wait until November to see the masterplan for the fleets, but the domestic fleet appears pretty much frozen on fluffs at this stage.

M.A. Rats
10th Aug 2001, 17:25
skyvan

A340-300s.......umm....is that after the long-awaited B777s or before??? I guess with Coleman out the woodwork, Airbus is suddenly a reality again!
:D
Cheers
PS: How is life after InterAir?

Pontius' Pilot
10th Aug 2001, 18:51
It's about time SAA replaced the 747's with a more fuel efficient and modern aircraft.

I have heard (pub talk in a London pub off Oxford street) that Airbus has agreed to "sort out" the 737-800 agreement!

Anyone with info on that?

skyvan
10th Aug 2001, 22:13
Wow M.A.Rats, you sure are tense about SAA now. I thought you were quite happy with your lot in life now, it sure seems to be going well.
You're right about the 777s, but there are strong rumours that Airbus are making a very strong case for us to take A330s to replace the Classics, and Minibusses to replace the domestic debacle.
Whatever does happen, I've only got about a year to go to -400s, so long as they keep them :confused: so I'm quite happy.
I know that a lot of pilots leave SA, and give lots of reasons, but I'm happy, a new baby in the family, a good salary, and a rust allowance for living on the coast ;) so I won't be leaving soon.
I was surprised you left the island, hope you enjoy the desert better :)

M.A. Rats
10th Aug 2001, 23:35
Rhine-Stoned: M.A.Rats is the title, in case you were uncertain. For your record, I do not have the sh!ts with SAA, sorry to see you construe it that way from my posting. However, it would seem many others do have the sh!ts as I look at the movement towards the sand-pit. Sign of the times I guess.....
ps: I paid for my Com/IR the hard way, nobody paid for me, you seem misled.

skyvan: No, not tense about SAA, only glad I made the move when I did. Yes, very happy with my lot here at EK, thank you, as you guessed. Congrats on the family addition, sounds like all is well! Enjoy that 400 in the near future.
Cheers :D

The Guvnor
11th Aug 2001, 00:19
On the subject of A320s, what happened to the one that went off the runway at LUN? Was it ever repaired?

skyvan
11th Aug 2001, 01:05
Yes Guv, been repaired, and sent on her way.
Quite a big repair I believe, but she's back in the air, where all good aeroplanes should be ;)

worldranger
11th Aug 2001, 12:34
Now that we are on the SAA topic, Anybody care to comment on how the Argentinians are doing? How long will they be around for?

M.A. Rats
11th Aug 2001, 18:06
Rhine-Stoned:
It does seem rather strange that my initial posting could elicit such a strong, personal response from you. It would seem that some salt has been rubbed in a very raw wound. You seem awfully up-to-date (well almost) and almost worrisome of my progress, one wonders why? Where I have come from and where I go from here has got absolutely nothing to do with you or anybody else. "To your comment that you could have had a career at SAA years ago; you and I both know, that isn't true!" - remind me when I wrote that please......otherwise don't mislead (again.)

For the record, I will repeat that I have no personal quarrel with SAA. If you or anybody else have taken my postings the wrong way, then say so and I will apologise, or merely get to the point of your grudge.
Maybe read some of the postings in the lighthearted manner in which they were written.

Cheers

4granted
11th Aug 2001, 19:28
Ssheeww!!! Is it getting hot in here....? :o

HUH...?
15th Aug 2001, 01:44
Thankfully, finally somebody pissed on his battery! :p