PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on Tag aviation

Iva harden
18th Jun 2007, 20:46
Hi, I am looking for a change of direction, currently a skipper on Airbus, its a bit boring and I am looking for a bit more variety, I was told that TAG were good to work for, I would like info on pay, T&C's and most importantly, lifestyle. I would be very appreciative of any info/ feedback. cheers :ok:

Flintstone
19th Jun 2007, 08:03
Something of a piece of string question really as deals differ slightly from aircraft to aircraft (different owners). Rosters vary also, mine is nominally week on/week off.

What I can say is that dealing with the company is a pleasure. Very nice people, everyone treats everyone else with respect without any of the 'can't be arsed' attitude I've experienced elsewhere. Stress free.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a chat.

Grecian2000
19th Jun 2007, 12:10
very good operation, but varied fleet and large volume of flying means changes to flight itineraries can be frequent. This is the extreme and fluid end of GA, you will certainly find variety.....if you really want that? bye bye social life, welcome to GA.

Leo45
19th Jun 2007, 13:22
Flinstone statement sums it up.

Very nice company to work for, but be aware that it's not an airline and rostering depends on the aircraft you're on (most TAG aircraft are under management so it's a mixture of private and commercial operations).

Flintstone
19th Jun 2007, 15:07
bye bye social life

Not necessarily. Depends on your arrangement.

Mine's fine.

Grecian2000
19th Jun 2007, 15:18
yes indeed
i was just pointing out to our airbus friend that the upside is that GA is less boring but there can also be a degree of 'flexibility' required he may not be used to if he has an airline background.

especially with the 'private' ops as mentioned by another respondent above. unless you always work to the FLight Time Limitations on private ops too?

Flintstone
20th Jun 2007, 19:21
As far as I am aware all aircraft on the TAG AOC adhere to the appropriate FTL. We certainly do on our aircraft.

bizantin
20th Jun 2007, 22:18
hey guys,

where to apply? any contact? are they hiring direct entry captain on the falcon2000?
thanks

biz

Flintstone
20th Jun 2007, 23:19
Hi Biz.

Best thing to do is apply on line. You should apply seperately to Farnborough and Geneva though, they each manage aircraft at a number of bases.

Good luck.

saffron
21st Jun 2007, 08:08
Hi Flintstone,
I am on Moscow based a/c ,we do not observe FTL's as all flying is private,that said unreasonabe demands by the owner are refused by Tag Management.

Flintstone
21st Jun 2007, 08:23
Hi Saffron.

I'd heard something along those lines. There are quite a few aircraft that are solely private ops and TAG scrutinise requests quite closely.

Which is nice :O