PDA

View Full Version : Static Bizjet for photos?

Runaway Gun
18th Jun 2007, 16:56
A buddy of mine wants to photograph a model for her portfolio, standing in front of a business jet. Swimwear type shots in the London area. All in good taste.

Does anyone know of a private owner or business that may have one available for an outdoor shoot one afternoon (just outside the hangar)?

Please PM me if you have any details and I'll forward them to the photographer.

Thanks, RG.

PS. A Farnborough company was interested and asked him how long it would take. He said conservatively maybe 2-3 hrs. They offered a jet at £2000 PER HOUR, plus incidental expenses. :eek: He aaid that he wasn't after a flight !!

ctrautve
18th Jun 2007, 20:09
RG,

I would have him call up a reputable local aircraft charter firm and offer to take some ground photos of their fleets for editorial/PR use in exchange for them letting him use the aircraft as a backdrop for his swimsuit photo shoot. It'd be a win-win for him and the charter firm, and he'd obviously have his camera equipment at the airport so he could do everything in one trip.

srs what?
18th Jun 2007, 21:42
You will find it's not uncommon for charter operators to charge for this sort of thing. The previous suggestion of offering to take photos of the aircraft the companys' use is a good idea though.

Runaway Gun
19th Jun 2007, 00:34
Sure - charge away, but £2000 (that's about Four Thousand US dollars) PER HOUR? Plus Incidentals !! For towing it out of the hangar? YHGTBSM !!

I'm sure the photographer will happily swap his time for some free snaps for the company - he's done that for other smaller operators. Great idea.

Phil Brockwell
19th Jun 2007, 11:56
We have just done this with our CJ for a Mazda car launch shoot. Not sure if that is the type of aircraft you are after, but it's available in BRS at a fee (£1,000) for a morning.

Phil

Runaway Gun
19th Jun 2007, 14:00
Phil, I'm sure that a CJ would be more than adequate. Thankyou very much for your kind offer.

Whilst Mazda have money to burn, I doubt that this model's budget can stretch even this far. I'm sure that you could get thousand of £££'s worth of pics though in a contra deal.

Phil Brockwell
19th Jun 2007, 16:06
Here

http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda6/Mazda6-Kumano/Gallery/Wallpapers/

Why not take pics of her and photoshop her in.

Phil :E

Runaway Gun
19th Jun 2007, 16:18
Great idea, except for copyright problems, and the fact that an A4 print needs to be about 3 times the size presented on the net. Even the largest shots won't work.

I tried to PM you but your mail box was full :)

Phil Brockwell
20th Jun 2007, 10:20
Box is now cleared out.