PDA

View Full Version : SINGLE-ENGINE PISTON – SEP Renewal

redout
18th Jun 2007, 15:37
Hey,

Can anybody tell me what the SEP Renewal consists of ?

What manoeuvres, engine failure etc.

thanx

F3
18th Jun 2007, 16:33
Stalls - clean (fully developed) and app. config (recovery at incipient stage)
Steep Turns (AOB 45 degrees)
Forced landing without power
Engine failure after take off
Circuits -
Normal powered approach
Glide
Flapless

Other possibilities are
rejected take off
engine fire aloft or on ground
Performance approach
Low level/bad wx. approach
Oral exam if renewal beyond five years from date of expiry.

I think thats the lot.

MIKECR
18th Jun 2007, 16:57
If its just the biannual revalidation then you can do whatever you like, as long as you log an hour with an instructor. The renewal does not consist of anything specific, its really up to you to decide if theres anything in particular you may wish to cover and ask the instructor to go over it with you.

BlueRobin
18th Jun 2007, 17:44
See http://www.bluerobin.flyer.co.uk/jarreval.html

Depends, if you are doing the 12 hours + 1 hour with an instructor ("method 2"), the 1 hour can be anything.

redout
19th Jun 2007, 01:44
thanx for the info.

WD40
19th Jun 2007, 19:27
Just need to be clear about whether we're talking about renewal (ie old one already expired) or revalidation (within 3 months of expiring).
Renewal - need the proficiency check (LPC) with an examiner as per F3's note with the potential addition of some navigation if you have done no recent x-country.
Revalidation - as per Br/MikeCR but remember you must do at least 1 hr in one go with an instructor and you must get (a) his/her signature in your logbook and (b) an examiner to complete the revalidation form BEFORE your current validation runs out.
For revalidation, I think it's worth a discussion with the instructor on what you could most usefully practise (eg LPC items!?).