PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training-Coventry

olliethegreat1
18th Jun 2007, 12:55
Hi All,

I am considering AFT as an option for my ATPL, I have recently attended Flight Training Europe's assesments :\ but figure its always good to have a back up.

Im interested in hearing from anyone who has had any dealings with Atlantic Flight Training (positive or negative).

Also does this training count as Integrated? Finally any information regarding employment opportunities upon completion of their course would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks for your time

Ollie :ok:

BlueRobin
18th Jun 2007, 16:31
Modular training

Full-time theory is very good

They're going rough a very rough patch aiui with the flight training.

andrew-webber
19th Jun 2007, 13:55
Hi There Bluerrobin,

I am also thinking of using Atlantic for my ATPL - could you please expand on your statement - pm me if you prefer, as I would be interested to know your thoughts and reasons as to their current situation.

Thanks

BlueRobin
19th Jun 2007, 18:44
I would urge anyone to investigate any FTO themselves thoroughly (by all means necessary, devious and otherwise), and in person, rather than going on anything posted in Wannabes :)

Mondeoman
20th Jun 2007, 11:21
I fully agree with bluerobin, go and have a look at a few flight schools IN PERSON! Look around and believe what you see for yourself and not just what your told. Hang around and have a cup of coffee with the current students and ask them questions! If they dont want you to do that why not?
Regardless of what all training organisations tell you, they will not get you a job, however they will train you for one. The rest is ALWAYS up to you.
Best of luck:)

Pilot_in_the_making
20th Jun 2007, 16:27
Hi Ollie, I'm in a similar situation to you, I have a PPL and have been considering going for my ATPL for a few months now, I was looking into training at AFT once I got my ATPL exams sorted.

Their prices do seem to be cheaper than anywhere else I can find, I'm wondering if that's trying to tell me something?

I figured I'd go there to do a shorter course first such as the night qualification, and see how it goes. If I like what I see then I would consider doing my CPL course there too once I get to that stage, but I'm told that Bristol is the best place to go for groundschool training (distance learning).

Anyone else had any experiences good or bad with Atlantic Flight Training, I'd be interested to see what any of their former students have to say?