Grade 9: AED1,070 per month to 9,995
Grade 10: AED1,275 per month to 11,865

Transport
Grade 9: AED105 per month
Grade 10: AED130 per month

absolutely pathetic increase and an insult to all in the Group :mad:

BigGeordie
18th Jun 2007, 08:11
Is this on the portal? I'm grateful for any increase of course, but they have to be kidding!!

5man
18th Jun 2007, 08:15
Sorry guys, I am new here. Grade 9 and 10.. Is that the same thing as FO and Capt?

Desert Nomad
18th Jun 2007, 08:33
roughly speaking FO equivalent to 9 and capt 10.

Not on a portal. Based on a circular seen from Remains

ShockWave
18th Jun 2007, 09:33
Great, I'll now be able to afford that one room workers hut in Al Quos I've had my eye on. Might be a bit of a problem for the wife and kids though.:ugh:

Oblaaspop
18th Jun 2007, 09:36
I might be wrong (usually am), but I don't think this has anything to do with flight deck pay scales. Different department.

Our payscales/allowance grades are FD09 and FD10 respectively and are on a completely different system. Although its about bloody time we heard about the utility increase.

Payscale
18th Jun 2007, 10:28
UA should normally be announced in the end of this month. 10% would be the normal increase, to easily cover the 30% rent hikes....:ugh: ..and DEWA :uhoh:..with the way this is going we will soon be paying to SEWA :eek:

Desert Nomad
18th Jun 2007, 10:34
Thought FD utilities were the same as all other management. 12% increase.

kingoftheslipstream
18th Jun 2007, 17:13
Hey peckerheads

1. This is NOT on the portal
2. These grades, 9 & 10 are not Flight Deck employment grades

so fuggedabout it, it's another windup piece of crap posted on PPrune. :=

Safe flyin'
k-o-t-s

Schibulsky
18th Jun 2007, 19:14
whatever it was, it was enough to trigger the usual whining!!!!

ruserious
18th Jun 2007, 19:26
Well if this is true, its pathetic, guess we will be losing even more middle managers, that should really help with manpower for the new training college, flight ops building and ramp up for the 380 launch.
Still at least all the extra money saved will go into the profit share next year :}

thefoxandfirkin
18th Jun 2007, 20:26
Oblaaspop,

Your right mate about nothing to do with the FD's. Mind you who are the FD9 and FD10's?

Most of us are either FD 06's or FD 07's... are these FD9's like super stealth DEC's or something? :=

Don't suppose we'll get much more, looks like cheap lager all round :{

The Fox and Firkin

Terry McCassey
18th Jun 2007, 22:34
Think you will find they are engineer grades, usual miserable offerings that they are.

Payscale
19th Jun 2007, 06:41
6 yrs Ek = FD07 check yor recent pay increase notification

Schibulsky
19th Jun 2007, 12:10
o.k. guys, here we go:
eko9 thats i.e. dispatch duty manager or fleet manager
ek10 thats i.e. senior manager network control
and they must all be very stupid cause you wont hear them constantly whining about their salary!!!

BigGeordie
20th Jun 2007, 06:37
Still no official word on this so it looks like it doesn't apply to FD06 and FD07. Obviously the cost of living hasn't gone up for pilots who moved out of company accommodation.....:hmm:

Gulf News
22nd Jun 2007, 10:09
The Minister of Economy has stated that UAE inflation was at 9.3 % last year. So how does your increase stand up to that ? :confused:

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07/06/21/10133851.html

The EK HR dept. will tell you that because your accommodation is provided you are sheltered from the worst of the inflationary pressures however they have made little move toward increasing utilities allowances to a realistic level.
At every company presentation I have been to recently the senior management have crowed about how well the group is doing financially then once they have left the building the middle management stand up and say we can't do anything because we are short of resources and manpower. Someone needs to have the balls to tell the guys at the stop that it is all going to grind to a halt very soon unless they wake up to the realities of Dubai.

22nd Jun 2007, 12:20
Any truth in the rumour that the Royal flight have just had their Housing allowance raised to 170k from the same amount previously as the present EK allowance?

BIKKERDENNAH
24th Jun 2007, 16:15
Yes that is true.

Royal jet captains captains 15200 aed per month housing allowance

utilities allowance 3000 aed per month

transport allowance 1500aed per month.

and a 16 percent basic salary payrise. :ok:

But it is now becoming heavily localized and falling apart at a fast pace!!!:D

Payscale
26th Jun 2007, 07:24
Falling apart in which way?

kingoftheslipstream
26th Jun 2007, 08:58
Hey folks
Since this is the month we see the results of the new pay raise... I have just had a look at my June 07 payslip and have done some calculations. Since I started here in '03, I have received a grand total of about $300 CAD raise on a monthly basis. This is about 3% over nearly 4 years taking in to account the AED - CAD exchange rate.
That's no duff... on basic salary. Even with the new hourly flight pay on a 78 hour month I am still only up a total of $1300 CAD per month over nearly 4 years. That's only about 15% over nearly 4 years. In that time the price of everything in Dubai has skyrocketed... car gas +33%, food +30%, school fees +25%... its easy to see that we are slipping backwards in real terms. The cost of rent is high, and the "utiliities allowance" is pathetic, the company allowance is approx 35-40% below market value on equivalent properties... Ugh!
Since there is no credit for vacation time or reserve duty, you can wipe out 11 weeks worth of pay... 5 for the reserve and 6 for the vacation... (if you can get vacation). That's two full months with no flying pay, plus 3/4 of another month... nearly a quarter of the year... Crap!
When you average out the increase mentioned in the first paragraph, it starts to look pretty small overall.
So folks, I know this is from a Canuck perspective but with the increased cost of living here, we just aren't getting ahead. I don't know how FOs do it, especially the ones whose wives don't have a job. It's frickin' brutal...
It can't be any better for folks from the USA. We're getting hammered in the nuts by this company. But Flight Ops manglement will blithely blow sunshine up where the sun don't shine and whistle their merry tune that we are getting a good deal.
You can of course volunteer to be one of the chosen to attend a meeting to discuss issues with Flt Ops manglement... oh, but they choose the location, set the date, set the agenda and then select the attendees for a meeting! How absurd is that? What a bunch of cowards!
As my Brit friends would say: BOLLOCKS!
Fly safely
k-o-t-s

Payscale
26th Jun 2007, 17:04
I am loosing in Cameroonian shillings, but hey! in greenlandish kroners I am doing great, so I'll just move to sonderstroem... Get the idear. The fact that US dollars is a crabby currency to be paid in is not really EK problem. Surely you can understand that. I love bitching as much as the next guy, but lets bitch about something, we actually can blame poor management for eh!

Vorsicht
27th Jun 2007, 05:49
Do you pay your gas, food, school fees in CAD.

Didn't think so. How much has your salary gone up in dirhams? Mine (basic) has increased 50% since i got my command. I agree that in my home currency it has basically stagnated, but as much as i would like to, i can't find a way to blame the company for the exchange rate. Having said that, that is why i am looking elsewhere for a job, and the crap exchange rate will make the decision to leave just that little bit easier if a job comes up.

Ghostflyer
29th Jun 2007, 04:10
The Flight Deck Announcement is on the portal:

Increase to Utilities Allowance payable to those not living in Company Accommodation:

Captain Dhs 11,865 (142,380 per annum)
SFI/SFE/Ground Instructors Dhs 10,565 (126,780 per annum)

So about 12%, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!!

Ghost

Bypass ratio
29th Jun 2007, 05:26
What about F/O's, there is no mention of that??

heywood u bleume
29th Jun 2007, 06:39
The new education rates do not even begin to cover the massive rises in education costs here in Dubai. Years ago the allowance covered the whole cost. Then a band where the parent paid 10% of the costs was introduced so that the parent could feel he was contributing to the kids education...cost cutting dressed up as philosophy, what a joke. Now the allowance is 10000 AED+ less than the fees. I suppose they have to find the money for the flight pay from somewhere. C***s.
HUB

atiuta
29th Jun 2007, 06:40
Looking at the education increase, it's not enough.

The main English based curriculm schools in Dubai have fees higher than the Emirates limit and in my case will cost a months salary each year. An equal or better private education in my domicile didn't even come close to the fees charged here. The educational allowance has slowly crept away from the fees in reverse gear. A consideration for a new joiner would not be "what do I pay this year" but what do I pay over the entire period you are in Dubai.

The schools in Dubai that I have had anything to do with are overall very good. I have to admit that Emirates conditions are not keeping pace with true educational costs.

By the way, I'm only talking school fees. You want to talk extra curricular activities......