PDA

View Full Version : PPL Examination Info needed please

Gavin53
18th Jun 2007, 01:22
Hello!

I understand that from your first PPL ground examination pass, you have 18 months to complete all 6 others.

What happens if you only complete 4 or 5 of these in the 18 month period, what will happen? Will it just be a case of sitting the first exam again (the 1 which has been timed out)?

I am not in the position - yet! But is valuable info never the less.

Also, how long on average should it take to read a PPL book from scratch until doing the exam?
I have have heard and read stories/posts of people only taking 4-5 weeks to do the PPL course, how is that possible with 7 books/exams?

Any help would be unbelievably greatful.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif
Thanks.

redout
19th Jun 2007, 02:15
Hey man,

From my experience the Trevor Thom books could all be done in 2-3 days each. So I would say about 2-3 weeks you could have them all done to a level sufficent to pass the PPL exams.

I done my PPL in the states a couple of years back and the reason how most people finished in about 3-4 weeks was because they arrived in the states with the PPL written exams already completed back in the UK before they left.
So all they had to concentrate on was the flying. Also, some people just hit the "PPL confuser" learn the questions and dont thoroughly learn the PPL books although I would not recommend this as it will leave you at a disadvantage later when you start asking things that you should have already learnt.

As regards not completing all of the exams within 18 months I am not to sure but if the same rules apply as for the ATPL examinations then you will have to resit all 7 examinations again.

Adios
20th Jun 2007, 06:40
If you time out, you must resit them all.

fitlike
20th Jun 2007, 14:37
The information you need is here

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf

page 110

basically you have 18 months to sit the exams and 24 months after the last exam to complete the flying.

IM

matt85
21st Jun 2007, 16:40
Allow 1 solid morning/afternoon a week for each book (maybe slightly more for a/c gen and slightly less for comms etc) and you're laughing.