View Full Version : EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
18th Jun 2007, 00:33
Thread for EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment questions

Please read previous posts before asking a question - Your question has probably already been asked - and answered.

kimberlyk
18th Jun 2007, 03:57
i don't have any tattoos anywhere, but is it against the rules if i was to get one in a non visible place? Does anyone here have any tattoos? Also, if theres anyone form NZ or australia here do you know if electrical stuff like my hairdryer will work in dubai? I have brought an adaptor plug thing but the man in the shop said my straightner may not work cos it has high voltage or something?

Thanks!!

Jessmin
18th Jun 2007, 06:29
Hey ladies, got a call from EK this morning. it is all good. you guys were right. no news is good news.
When is your departure date Tingz? Mine is on 17th August.
Have you left for EK yet Mytcrew?
Hope someday we meet

AeroflotMan
18th Jun 2007, 11:22
But is truth what russian not take to Emirates? Cause russian don't know what is real service in the board and also working bad. I want change work cabin crew in Russia. And I fill aplication form in emirates website

skychild
18th Jun 2007, 11:52
Hey all,

Anyone know when Emirates are recruiting back in Sydney again? Hope everyone is well :)

Flyrules
18th Jun 2007, 13:40
Hey Jess, CONGRATS!!!:D I am so happy for you. I hope this means I will be contacted early next week as well! (my final was may 30th).

kimberlyk,
I actually do have a tattoo on my upper back, a very small one though. I told them about it during the final interview as they asked me about any birthmarks or tattoos. They said, that was not a issue whatsoever as it is not visible at all. I had it done when I was 19, a revel and a :mad: teenager! ...one of those things I do regret now days...

skychild,
Check www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com) for Cabin Crew Global Assessment Days & Open Days

Fly Rules:ok:

Jessmin
18th Jun 2007, 15:05
no news is good news. as long you don't receive email. should be fine.
i wish you luck.. my final was on 20th may, let me know if you can confirmation phone call.

mytcrew
19th Jun 2007, 07:39
Girl you made it! I am so glad!!!! The time will fly so fast and before you know it, you are off:) I am leaving on friday, got my visa yesterday and will recieve tickets by fed ex today!
Haven't started packing or anything, suddenly it just seems so surreal!:)

I have sent you my email:)

Have a fantastic day!!!

InLoveWithEmirates
19th Jun 2007, 07:46
:DCogratulations , Jessmin! You have done a great job. I can only imagine how are You feeling right now.
I am still waiting for the answer from EK Cabin Crew Department. I hope I get the answer very soon.

InLoveWithEmirates
19th Jun 2007, 07:51
It is so nice to read that You are flying to Dubai. :D
Thank You for tel number that You wrote down in this forrum.It helpd me alot.I called Cabin Crew ´Recruitment to make sure that they`v got my photographs. They said will call me back. Cross the fingegs for me. I really worry about the whole prosses.

InLoveWithEmirates
19th Jun 2007, 07:53
Just give us know when You get the call from EK. I had my final interview 3 days before You , but I have sent my documents 10 days later.

InLoveWithEmirates
19th Jun 2007, 07:56
Dont worry, as far as I know there are alot of russian cabin crew in EK.
Even when we watched the video on the Open Day. There were some Cabin Crews giving an interview ,they were of different natanalities and a russian girl was also among them.

cp8
19th Jun 2007, 09:50
hi! i'd like to ask if Emirates really strict with the teeth? because my lower teeth are misaligned and I have an Emirates assessment on July1. I'm scared that I might fail d screening because of my teeth.

sandpit here i come
19th Jun 2007, 11:36
Hi Everyone!!

I’ve been reading these forums for a while but this is my first post.

Firstly Congratulations to everyone that has recently received AWESOME, AWESOME news!
I hope that I will be joining you soon in Dubai!

Ok yes I know that this is my first post but I have to gt something off my chest.

This thread offers some VERY relevant and VERY useful information – if you bother to look for it.
(So thank you to everyone who has contributed to this)

What I really don’t understand is why the same question is asked 1000 times.:ugh:

I know that most of you – like me – really, REALLY want a career as cabin crew with EK, and again, like me would have a million questions, but what I don’t understand is why people don’t take the time to look for themselves for the answers to their questions.

There are some really amazing posts by people who take the time and write about their experiences at open days, what to expect, what to wear, what type pf questions will be asked, what the medicals include, what living in Dubai will be like, the length of stopovers, what company ethos is like etc etc. The information here is VAST!!

People if you are serious about working for EK, or any airline for that matter - do your OWN homework - don’t ask for it to be done for you! Airlines like if you have something known as initiative;)

Asking when the next open day in Timbuktu is, is crazy. The best place to find out information like this is at the EK WEBSITE! http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/ (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/)http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/hrrecruit/CC_OpenDay/CC_OpenDayList.asp (http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/hrrecruit/CC_OpenDay/CC_OpenDayList.asp)

Honestly I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be your first port of call. You will find important and essential information there – including WHEN and WHERE EK is recruiting. You will also find that they tell you, what to wear to the open day, and what to take.
They even have a section dedicated to what to expect in Dubai.

I know that ALL your questions won’t be answered at the EK website.
Even after reading this forum I would be surprised if you were left with no questions, - BUT most of your questions, if you DO bother to read WILL be answered.

I’m not attempting to offend anybody, I just think it would be beneficial to everyone if we thought and read previous information before we posted (I think you will find you will remember the answers to your questions a little better if you do your own homework too)

Anyway, that’s my rant.

Congrats again to everyone who was successful!!!:D
And good luck to all you wannabes like me!:ok:

Cheers!

Jessmin
19th Jun 2007, 16:22
Hey, no worry, they will call you. I have similiar situation. I sent my photos 5 days later after my final interview. they called me after 4 weeks. they emailed me the following day regarding contract and medical requirement.
wish you luck

Flyrules
19th Jun 2007, 23:28
Hey guys,

Please do not hesitate to ask the same question over and over again! As far as I am concerned and if necessary, I am willing to give the same answer again, and again, and again... That`s what this forum is all about.

Eventhough the recruitment process has been pretty much the same for each one of us, there is always a little twist. We all have learned from those unique experiences. I have read every single message posted in this forum and everyone`s is unique because it comes from a different person, different culture, different perspective, and that is what EK is about: diversity.

I DO agree with sandpit however, people should read the EK website (completely) as it contains general information, guidelines and details about the process. It should be your first resource.

So please, let`s keep this a friendly environment:). I know some of us have bonded while sharing our experiences. We all hope at one point, to join EK and eventually meet in person during training in Dubai (or at least that is something I am looking forward to!)

So peace! and don`t bang your head against the wall too much (oouch!)

jess.s
20th Jun 2007, 01:07
I don’t think sandpit was being hostile or unfriendly....and I really don’t think that sandpit meant to offend; I think the meaning was simply to have a good read and make the most of your opportunity to research through other people’s experiences, and to be a little proactive and use common sense. :)

TightSlot
20th Jun 2007, 08:06
sandpit here i come was not being hostile - he/she was absolutely accurate.

I know that many, including the mods, are astonished by the number of people posting on this (and the Eitihad) thread who are unprepared to make even the most basic efforts to do their own research and yet expect to be hired, presumably by divine right.

It is very kind of you all to offer to accept the same questions and then regurgitate the same answers time after time to people who simply cannot be bothered to read the available information: I promise you that you will tire of it eventually. Moving to another country and starting a new career are major steps in your lives - you need to be very cool and hard-headed about the business and ensure that your excitement and optimism are balanced by a well-grounded sense of reality. People that you assist now may be your work colleaguees in the future, which is great if they work well and you get on: However in a years time when you discover that they are always somewhere else when a call bell rings on your third night sector in a week, or that somehow it is always you that seems to clear up the vomit, your assessment may change.

So... Support each other as best you can: Provide useful information by all means - But don't pander to those who are too lazy to do the same work that you have done. That will help nobody, least of all those wwho may end up in a career that they are unsuitable for.

flitegirl
20th Jun 2007, 08:15
bravo, bravo. So true:D:D

lindaflychick
20th Jun 2007, 11:18
can anybody please advise me what the "Entry Permit Application" is? it says i have to submit one when sending medicals etc however i have never received it and i have emailed them but heard nothing. is this something only certain countries have to fill in? Any advice is much appreciated.

Linda x

Flyrules
20th Jun 2007, 12:37
Lindaflychick,

I remember all seven of us having to fill out one of those "Entry Permit Application" forms right before the final interview. It was prety much just one sheet of paper (photocopy) with your basic details such as full name, DOB, permanent address, phone numbers, next of keen, mother`s name, father`s name, ALL your passport details and they even ask you about your religion and, if musslim, whether or not you are willing to serve alcohol. We were told it is part of the visa processing paperwork. Just as reference, I`ve found one online at http://uae-embassy.org/documents/VisaApplication.pdf that looks almost like the one we filled out. Check it out and see if you recall filling out something similar already.

As far as only certain countries having to fill out that form, I am not sure... Did you try emailing your recruitment officer? Perhaps they can email you a copy of it, as the one above (in the website), IS NOT exactly the same as EK`s form. EK recruitment officers have been very helpfull to me AND they have promptly replied to my emails.

Hope this helps,

yungg
20th Jun 2007, 14:39
Dont know if u remember me or not but i wanna to cogratulate u first!!
Second...u told me that there's no open day in Hong Kong next month.But I did see it on the web site so....not sure which one of us was wrong,but thanks for answering anyway!u're so sweet!
Wanna to ask if i wanna attend a open day.How long will it take till the final interview?!4 days will be enough or longer?!
Thanks again for telling me all of these infroms!!;)

TightSlot
20th Jun 2007, 14:50
A reminder - do not post in text message speak - posts will be deltd if txt spk uzd - r u clr on that?

behind the sky
21st Jun 2007, 01:43
hi everybody,
i hope you all success and glamour in your life.plz iam worry about the dental check up done by EK. what do they look for in it. is it a problem if i have dentures or fillings
thank u for your reply you most wounderful and helpful falks:}:}

behind the sky
21st Jun 2007, 01:52
oh,iam sorry.one more question plz
if iam 175 cm male ,will they accept me if iam 85 kgms? or i will be considered overweight???!!!!!!!!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

mytcrew
21st Jun 2007, 08:33
Hi guys!
Just wanted to let you all know that I am leaving for Dubai tomorrow, really early:)

Good luck to the rest of you that are avaiting approval or waiting to fly there and start training!

Jessmin
21st Jun 2007, 11:27
Emirates only posted the hk open days recently, i was surprised too when i found out. i lived in hk and i went all the way to malaysia for all my interviews.
good luck..

Flyrules
21st Jun 2007, 11:50
Mytcrew,

Wishing you all the best!:D

InLoveWithEmirates
21st Jun 2007, 12:19
Wish You good luck too!
Keep in touch with us.
:)

behind the sky
21st Jun 2007, 12:40
helloooooooo everybody, i wish you all luck and success. i just want to know something about the dental check up. is it a problem if i have multiple intradental fillings and dentures?
one more question plz, iam 175cm male, what should be my weight?
if 85 kgm, will i be considered overweight?
thank you very much
:}:}:}:}:}:confused::confused::confused:

dilvinay
21st Jun 2007, 13:58
can i bother you for a few questions to answer but first of all i've read more than 700 comments here sure it takes sometime but gives you a lot clears your doubts, fills the blanks. So on the 30th of this month which means i have 8 days to go, i am going to attend the OD in istanbul. i live in izmir. First question basically i've read some information about this but my circumstance is a bit different here i think. i am flying for a company and my schedule is already set so it is really difficult to get permission especially to get another job to tell your manager to live the city to another i can hear you say what are you talking about, people are leaving their countries i know but i need your advice even though.i have got permission for the 30th of this month from my company but just 2 days which is the 29th same day i am going to fly to istanbul and the 30th to attend OD.
I've read that after the OD on saturday they might call you back on monday to ask you to take the other step like exams and so on or is it not so?
flyrules or anyone could you inform me would be greatly appreciated.
another question i would like to ask is i actually have bought a light coloured business attire as it is mentioned on the invitation they have send me. i know how to do my hair right ,how to do my make-up, nails and etc.i am not going to ask how to do anyway but the point is my jacket is of course conservative long sleeved though is it ok if i wear a short sleeved blouse into the jacket would that be appropriate as long as i don't take my jacket off?
because in these days istanbul is approximately 35 degrees cantigrate :)
another question how many days do i need roughly to complete the interview exams etc as i still have a flying schedule i don't know how to cope with that!
so finally i have 8 days to go it is going to be my first try with emirates hope it would be the last :) and sure i will share every inch of my experience about OD and inform everyone here.
thanx in advance and million thanx who has shared their experience.
ooops! :)
wish me luck
Alya

Flyrules
21st Jun 2007, 20:34
Hola,

Well, they will actually tell you that you should be available for at least 5 days. It actually depends on how many people end up showing to the OD.

For instance, there were about 100 of us during the OD in Santa Cruz, only 7 got selected for the final interiew. So that's only 7 people to be scheduled for the final interview (avrg: 1 hour per person). The recruitment officers wanted to give us a whole day off to be able to gather all documents and photos required for the final interview. Also, we needed some extra time to finish up the on-line based tests.

Before we were sent home the first day, we talked to the recruitment officers and explained to them that we had everything ready (docs, photos, etc). I had booked my flight back to Miami for the following evening; another guy had to be at work and couldn't take the day off. So we agreed to held the final interviews the following morning as opposed to the day after. I was the first one scheduled for interview as they knew I had to catch a flight later that day.

With that said, my suggestion is: once you recieve the invitation to attend the final interview, talk to them, explain your situation. They are very understanding people. Even when you fill out the application forms for the final interview, you will be asked to let them know if there are any important events happening in your life within the next couple of months such as weddings, birthdays, graduation parties, etc. They will give you a start date based on your avalability! That is very nice of them.

As far as advise on what you should wear or not during the OD, I will let that for a girl to answer. I am a guy and its very simple for us: suite, shirt and tie. Guys can't go wrong.

Good luck!

dilvinay
21st Jun 2007, 21:22
yesss you are right it is very simple for you trousers,tie etc..
thank you for your answer,very useful. i can't understand who is male who is female so just asking anyway hope i will do it right!
by the way if you don't mind are you spanish?
Alya

InLoveWithEmirates
22nd Jun 2007, 08:47
Hallo,

As I am a female, may be I can give You some advice aboute what You have to wear on the Open Day.

There is a description in Your invintation what You have to wear :

. Business attire needs to be worn.This includes a fitted schirt/blous, fitted long sleeved jacket and a knee length skirt with skin coloured stockings.
. Appropriate foot ware would be: Court schoes with a heel and no ankle straps. Pleas do not wear open-toed sandals or ankle chains.
. Pleas do not wear neck scarves.
. pleas ensure that Your jewellery is conservative.
. Hair: If hair is schoulder length, pleas ensure it is tied back in a neat manner.

There were different Ladies on the Open Day and evrybody had business attire. But the most important on the Open Day is TO BE YOURSELF....
Just make a dicission of Your own what You exactly wear. The basic details You have already got. Wish You good luck!

InLoveWithEmirates
22nd Jun 2007, 09:00
I don´t really know about the dental check. But I think that it is imortant that Your teeth are healthy and have white natural coulor when You smile.
I am sure there are alot of cabin crews that have fillings .

And what about Your weight... It is difficult to say, because nobody knows what exactly does EK want. If You look normal ,not too fat and not too skinny....If You look nice and attraktive ,and confident with Your 85 kilos..it must not be a problem.But I can´t say You exactly. And what is Your personal feeling about Your weigt? Some people with 175 cm and have 85 kilos...but they look very different it depends on Your figer and so on. Just try....You will never know till You visit the Open Day.
Wish You good luck as well!:ok:

dilvinay
22nd Jun 2007, 14:37
thank u for your advice but i was wondering if it would be appropriate to wear a short sleeved blouse into the jacket.anyway thank you!
7 days to go!
and the documents, i have just my bachelor translated, a letter that tells i am working for an airline company since this year and so on translated to english, have a few casual photos showing my theet :} have full lenght and passport size photos in business attire and an updated cv in english of course.
what more documents do i might need or is a must have? any advice?
Thank you!
Alya

InLoveWithEmirates
22nd Jun 2007, 17:41
I have just translated in to english one poem of a very famous russian writer his name is Alexander Pushkin. May be it helps some one . This poem has a avery deep meaning.
I am waiting for the answer from EK and I have so many thoughts..;-)
Only once we have achived our goal can we be hyppy.

If the life once lied to You
Don´t let You be upset
Just calm down,no regreats.
You will get Your happy End!

Yes in Future lives Your Heart
And the Presence is too sad.

Evry thing is like a wind
Disappears so quick as ice
And the Past will be so nice!

InLoveWithEmirates
22nd Jun 2007, 17:51
I also had a schort sleeved blouse on the Open Day.But I didn`t putt off my jacket.

What You have to bring with:

. Application Form signed and dated
. Photocopy of relevant pages of Passport
. Photograps:1 Full length photograph in a business attire - 10cm x 15cm
4 Passport photographs - 4,5cm x 3,5cm
2 casual photographs
. Photocopies of Certificates
. Coppy of Your current contract

jess.s
23rd Jun 2007, 06:14
Hi everyone! Well I had my open day today, and I am feeling rather crushed.
I smiled, talked to people, was not negative in any way, made an effort to include quiet people, and honestly was relaxed and happy.
but...I didn’t even make it past the first round....
I just have no idea what more i could have done.:sad:
I have years of customer service experience, am actively involved within my community, am running my own business and work bloody hard at everything I do!
I’m not going to curl up into a ball and cry myself to sleep, but I really am crushed.... If there is anybody, anybody at all that could offer any advice in regards to my resume I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it, because I am starting to think maybe that is part of the problem?... I kept it to two pages but clearly that didn’t help….
I intend to reapply in 6 months, but help now would be really, really appreciated

dilvinay
23rd Jun 2007, 08:18
you are the only one who answers questions here, thank you!(and flyrules of course)
How was your OD! did you achieve or are you still waiting?
what do you mean by certificates i mean what kind of certificates?
application form signed and named? (have updated english cv instead)
i know that poem had to memories it years ago as i am graduated from russian language and literature :).
yesli jizn tibya obmanet ne pechalsya ne serdis....

Alya

dilvinay
23rd Jun 2007, 08:31
i felt for you indeed but don't get upset because sometimes it is really luck that works whatever you do or how qualified you are doesn't work.i had been in same condition some time ago but as i said luck sometimes comes above everything unfortunatelly! at least you have done your best!
don't worry!

Alya

Flyrules
23rd Jun 2007, 11:14
Hello everyone,

After 23 looooong days, I finally recieved a call from EK today (5am on a saturday):

I MADE IT!:D

My start date is September 14th. Anyone joinning on the same day?

Flyrules
23rd Jun 2007, 11:22
Jess.s

Don`t feel so bad about it, 6 months will go by fast. I agree with Dilvinay, sometimes is a matter of luck (specially during OD where 100s of people apply). Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

You keep trying, DONT GIVE UP!

Jessmin
23rd Jun 2007, 11:54
i have questions to those who already got call from EK and proceed to medical and more tedious paperworks.
what entry permit are they refering to? i didn't receive mine with the email. Flyrules, we are not talking about the entry permit we filled in during final interview.
what ID and badge form ? i didn't receive such forms.
lastly, do you email them the whole 10 pages of acceptance of offer after you signed or only the page 8....
pls help.
thanks

Casablanca85
23rd Jun 2007, 13:23
Hi Jess

I read your posts and was very sad to hear that you did not make it through, even if you would have travelled to malaysia for those interviews. I am flying for Ek and it took me 2 open Day to make it! But from the first i learned! It was also during the fisrt group discussion! If you have talked too much, than it was the reason why you were dismissed!!!! Because in that discussion only those are taken over to the next round who don`t talk too much!! I don`t know why but you can believe me! I remembera girl, whih was also with me at the 2nd OD and when i told her not to talk too much during the fisrt round she did not want to belive me, but as we were both arabs, she finally did and we both made it through and all, really, all who talked that much were all sent back home!!! Keep this advice only for your info and do not let it everybody know, may be everyone will tell it to anybody and EK will change these things!!!! Kep it for yourself! I only advice severel people with this behaviour during this discussion and i also did it to you to help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck and keep fighting Girl!!!

Best regards!!!!!!1

elisa4
23rd Jun 2007, 13:37
bit though to keep the advice for yourself if you post it on a public forum :rolleyes:

Jessmin
23rd Jun 2007, 14:23
i think you misread my forum. Of course, I made it through, why would i asked those questions if I didn't make it ??????
maybe you can help me with those questions. thanks.

Flyrules
23rd Jun 2007, 15:01
Jessmin,

Did you get my email? I will definatelly email you those missing forms (if I get them in my package). I was told by EK that there are some forms to be completed online (EK recruitment website). Have you done it yet? What was it all about?

Jessmin
23rd Jun 2007, 15:09
hey, yes, you have to fill in the online joiner which can be found on the ek web. however, you can only do that after you receive email from them cos' you need your confirmation to access to the online joiner. you should receive your email tomorrow...

dilvinay
23rd Jun 2007, 20:03
congratulations! you must be feeling great! mmm i envy you! :)

Alya

InLoveWithEmirates
24th Jun 2007, 08:18
Hi Alya!
All kind of certificates that You have (about Your education and work).
Application form signed and dated from the online registration,just print it. CV also .

My OD was succesfull.Next Day I had my final interview . It was almost one month ago.

It was serprising for me that You had recgnized this poem.
You are from Istanbul, You speak English and may be some gut russian...
What is Your nationality:).... I can only imagine how many people of different nationalities visit this forum...and how many languages do they speak....;) This is amazing....This second wannabes thread exists may be one week and there are 2000 visitors alredy....

InLoveWithEmirates
24th Jun 2007, 08:26
Just don`t give up. In 6 month You can try again, and the expirience that You `ve got will help You. My first OD was also a very big and helpfull expirience for me. Good Luck.

InLoveWithEmirates
24th Jun 2007, 08:31
Wow ,it is great....! Cogratulations!!!
As I have already said , I can only emagine how do You feel right now.
Now You have to make Your medicals and in 2,5 month You fly away to Dubai.:ok:

SkyHighFlyGal
24th Jun 2007, 12:02
Yay, well I have just got through to the final one on one interview with EK... I went to the recruitment day in Brisvegas... I think about 40 or more of us were retained for one-on-one interviewing, so I have some q's if you all don't mind...

1. What will I be asked in the final interview?
2. How many of us will be hired out of 40 do you anticipate?
3. This is my most pressing q - I cannot start for 2 and a half months. Is this going to be seen as me 'not being committed to the job' ? Will it go against me?

Thank y'all!!!

SHFG

Flyrules
24th Jun 2007, 15:05
Dilvinay/InLoveWithEmirates,

Thank you both for such sweet words. I am rather excited! I already made all appointments to start with the 1000000 medicals on monday!

I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Fly Rules!:ok:

dilvinay
24th Jun 2007, 21:35
well i don't know if i can give some personal or private details here but please someone let me know if i am wrong! i won't do it again!
ok i am T,was born in Germany/munchen and was also grown up there. i studied russian language and literature so it is quite normal for me to know pushkin (can never forget- yevgeniy onegin :)).i have been in england for sometime so as a matter of fact i can speak 4 languages.i am not from istanbul i am from Agean see from izmir it is in turkey as well!
as i understood you are german aren't you?
the thing that makes me upset here i think i am the only T interested in this forum. i wish other T people could be interested in here. because i am addicted and it is perfect!so i think!
soo it comes to the reason i am here i have 4 days to go!
xxx
Alya

InLoveWithEmirates
24th Jun 2007, 22:45
"1. What will I be asked in the final interview?
2. How many of us will be hired out of 40 do you anticipate?
3. This is my most pressing q - I cannot start for 2 and a half months. Is this going to be seen as me 'not being committed to the job' ? Will it go against me?"
____________________________________________________________ ____
1. Evrything about your current job or study. Different situations. Actually You cant`t prapare any answers for the final interview. If You speak good English, this is enough....Try not to be very nerves and just be yourself.
2. Nobody can´t answer this quastion. May be nobody, may be some of them....it depends on...? ;) I really don`t know.
3. You have to say it when You have Your final interview. But actually , after the final interview You have to wait for the answer from EK..it usually takes some time till they proove You. May be one months,may be 2 may be 3....
As I have read in this forum one girl has got her approvement after 6 month.

InLoveWithEmirates
24th Jun 2007, 22:53
I still didn`t get any call or E-mail from EK. I calld them 4 days ago, I just wanted to be sure if they had got my documents. I was told that they would contact me. I worry so much.

You have 2 month before You moove to Dubai. But why in September? 2 month for medicals? Or was it Your persenal ask? :) The most important You have done , I am just wondering why not in August.

Flyrules
24th Jun 2007, 23:44
When I recieved the call on saturday morning, I was told all training classes for august are full. She asked me to complete all medicals, scan them and email them along with all forms as soon as possible. She basically gave me no other options but september 14th. She also asked me what city I was flying out of and whether or not I hold a valid US visa to travel via JFK (which I do).

When I filled out the application form, I told them I as available right away. However, in my case, there are lots of things I need to take care of before moving to Dubai (bank accounts, credit cards, etc), so I reckon 2 months is just enough time for me to put it all together. I currently have a management position with a major airline (AA) and I dont want to just walk away on them, specially since my boss has been my biggest fan through out this EK process. She supports me 100%.

I stayed in touch with couple of people from the OD in Santa Cruz (may 30th) and so far I am the only one who has already been contacted by EK. It doesn´t mean the rest will not be contacted, I am sure they will recieve the call this week or so.

So, if I were you, I wouldnt worry about it so much. I am sure you will hear from them soon. Perhaps we will end up starting on the same day!

Keep in mind: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!

Akwasi2007
25th Jun 2007, 04:36
I was curious if anyone had attended the Assesment day instesd of the OD. On the Assesment day do you go staight to an interview, or do you have to go through all the qualifying rounds like OD? If not why doesn't everyone sign up for assesment day? And how many people attend the assesment day? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be helpful, because I have really heard about it just the OD.
Thanks
And congrats to Flyrules

AeroflotMan
25th Jun 2007, 05:56
Thanks for support .:)

Jessmin
25th Jun 2007, 07:31
Hey,you can't sign up for assessment day, see what happen here is when people show up for OD, those who are chosen will be given screening and assessment date and if all goes well, you may proceed to final interview.

hope this help.

Jessmin
25th Jun 2007, 09:18
hi, good luck to those who still waiting for phone call. you be fine.
are anyone departing on 17th August for dubai...

SkyHighFlyGal
25th Jun 2007, 11:23
InLoveWithEmirates

Thanks for your reply!!! Most helpful!

Everone else.... :pCan anyone add to the reply? My questions again were:

1. What do you think will be asked in the final interview?
2. How many out of the 40 retained for the final interview do you think will get through?
3. Do you think it is a drama if I can't start for 2 and a half months?

Cheers!

SHFG

Flyrules
25th Jun 2007, 13:03
SkyFlyHighGal,

If you click on my screename "flyrules", then go to "view public profile" and then click on "find all posts by flyrules", you will find a detailed description of the entire process from the moment I filled out the online application form.

I am sure some of your questions will be answered. As far as how many people will make it to the final interview, there is no specific number of applicant that will be hired, it could be 5, all of them or none. All they will tell you is that there are about 4,000 positions to be filled by the time EK recieves its recently ordered new aircrafts. (e.g. an A380 requires 30 cabin crew members onboard)

Regards,

Thank you and good luck! Dont worry about having to choose between attending an OD or an Assesment Day. If you have what it takes and you are meant to become EK Cabin Crew, you will definatelly get in.

Ell J
25th Jun 2007, 13:29
Hi all,

Oh my.........! Got a phone call this morning saying my suggested start date is the 31st August, they are sending medical things through that I need to take to my doctors and once all ok and if refs are ok then i'm there!! Yay! x

dilvinay
25th Jun 2007, 20:28
3 days to go! :)

Alya

SkyHighFlyGal
26th Jun 2007, 07:44
Flyrules - thanks will do! I had the interview this morning and I think it went well.:ok:

Congrats divilnay!! I hope I get to meet you one day soon in Dubai!!!! ;)

InLoveWithEmirates
26th Jun 2007, 11:18
I wish evrybody good luck!

tytus82
26th Jun 2007, 15:49
:):):):):)

kimberlyk
27th Jun 2007, 02:17
In the final interview they ask you questions all relating to customer service, such as "Tell us how you delt with a difficault customer, and what was the outcome"...Basically they just want to see how you deal with people in different situations, and weather you are a people person i guess. They said to us that it dosnt matter how many people they take from the final group, they have no limit, its just who they think is suitable for the job...And it wont be a drama if you can't start for two and a half monthes, my friend who also got thru with me isn't starting until a couple of monthes after as she had work commintments...Good luck!!!

Oh, and regarding the weight issue, I think it said your BMI had to be under 25 on the medical forms...But it could be over if your weight looked good on your height.

Flyrules
27th Jun 2007, 14:51
Isn't it wonderful thing that we're all different?
Each of us has strenghts and
Skills to share. And when we link our
Individual strenghts together,
We are invincible!

Can't imagine us without you.

dilvinay
27th Jun 2007, 20:55
the last pages are missing,any idea why?

2 days to go!:)

Alya

Flyrules
27th Jun 2007, 21:32
Dilvinay,

I know! someone has deleted messages:ooh: (perhaps is the moderator). I wrote a very nice message for everyone this morning and now is gone.:\

tiluchi10
27th Jun 2007, 22:09
Hi Flyrules,

Thank you very much for the advise, you are right mou must be yourself in the interview and not to try to notice for them to see you, that is the worst. I also prepared myself some months, but as i told you my dream did not finish on May 30 th, so i will try 6 months later, good luck for you.

dilvinay
27th Jun 2007, 23:36
if it is the moderator i think he must give us at least an explanation!

Alya

dilvinay
28th Jun 2007, 08:24
there you are!the pages are back!:) tomorrow i am flying to istanbuuuullllll!

Alya

InLoveWithEmirates
28th Jun 2007, 11:28
Good luck!:ok: And keep us posting;)

Jessmin
28th Jun 2007, 11:38
Hey dilvinay,
like what you post out there.
quick questions for you... i am ex-crew, what are the patterns like for emirates, how long is the stay say, europe or asia like hong kong, austalia and new york? sorry for some stupid question. i am curious.
thank you so much

Flyrules
28th Jun 2007, 12:33
SkyFlyHighGal,

I am happy for you! :D Anything about your personal experience you would like to share with us?

____________________________________________________________ _____

Dilvinay,

Good Luck!!!!! I want to hear all about it when you have a chance;)
PS: yay! All messages are back!

____________________________________________________________ _____

Jessmin,

GREAT QUESTION! I was about to ask the same.

I am almost done with my medicals, I felt like a guinea-pig at the hospital while they were taking of these samples and doing the medical checks! Let me know when you get the final OK and your ticket to DXB.

____________________________________________________________ ___

InLoveWithEmirates

How did your final interview go?

dilvinay
28th Jun 2007, 13:04
i would love to help you but i have to clear something i think you got me wrong i am going to attend the OD for the first time so i don't know the answers of your questions. i am sorry honey! :)

sure i will share my experience!

finger crossed!

Alya

dilvinay
28th Jun 2007, 15:14
one big day left! have got everything i need! ready to go! byeeeee everyone! :)

Alya

tytus82
28th Jun 2007, 20:10
I got my final interview one month ago. Recentely I received an e- mail "You have progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process whereby your file has been recommended for final approvals" and 2 numbers of telphones and the name of the person who I should contact with. I tried to contact with with that lady but my efforts came to nothing.The ladies who are in office there are not able to tell me when she will come back. In this mail they said that I have to contact with them urgently. I want but cannot contact with the person they can. What does it mean "you have progressed..........."?????
Can u give me other phone numbers to contact with emirates recruitement in dubai??
What to do? Should I wait??

Jessmin
29th Jun 2007, 00:59
Just keep trying, i didnt have that problem. Just ask to speak to someone in the recruitmen about your file. I'm sure they gave you confidential joiners numbers. or you can always email them back... good luck.

helfsich
29th Jun 2007, 10:17
For European flights over 4.5 hours one way, the standard layover time is 24 hours. This is for destinations that have flights leaving once a day. Malta (24 or 48 hrs) and Milan (24, 48, or 90 hours) are the exceptions.

For Australian flights, Perth is the only one that isn't part of a multi sector trip (28 hrs). The two trips of MEL-AKL and SYD-CHC have a layover of 24 hrs at each outstation. The SIN-MEL has 24hrs in SIN and 18 hours in MEL. The SIN-BNE-AKL has 24 hrs in SIN, 48 X 2 hrs in BNE plus the BNE-AKL leg is a shuttle. Same pretty much applies for BKK-SYD-AKL.

For the JFK flight, all layovers there are 26-30 hrs depending on the departure time.

All HKG flights have 25 hrs layover time. All far east asian flights have 24-30hrs layover time, with BKK and SIN being the exception as these tend to be multi-sector flights.

Hope that helps.

Jessmin
29th Jun 2007, 14:01
thanks. that help.
pretty short for far east. but now, i have better understanding of emirates layover. for the multi sectors flights, do you stay with the same set of crew?

helfsich
29th Jun 2007, 15:44
Unless you're deadheading over, or call sick at an outstation, you always have the same crew arriving with you into Dubai as you do leaving.

SkyHighFlyGal
30th Jun 2007, 07:08
Flyrules

Thanks for the congrats!! :) I am very happy to share my experiences with anyone, anyone can send me a message if you have specific questions.

RE: the delayed start date, the chick at the interview told me that they usually call the 'turn around ' time 6 weeks to be offered, then 8 weeks to get on a course, so in total they usually expect 14weeks between final interview and commencement date.... effectively, I have only asked for 15 weeks which exceeds the usual by only a week, so it shouldn't be a drama.

Flyrules - on the longer flights, to cabin crew get rest on board? I know with other long haul airlines the crews have bunks on board.

Hoping to be in DBX soon.... cross your fingers toes and eyes for me!

SHFG

elisa4
1st Jul 2007, 04:54
hi guys,

do ALL your documents, like diploma s , previous contract etc... need to be translated in arabic or in english, in case you pass the final interview?
I am no way there yet, only wondering :}

dilvinay
1st Jul 2007, 14:56
ı wrote a looong text for you about my OD and how ıt was and then ıt saıd you have to log ın and the page was gone :) sorry! ı wıll wrıte ıt agaın as soon as possıble.

Alya

Jessmin
2nd Jul 2007, 01:17
hey elisa,
every piece of documents have to be in Engish only.
good luck and have fun at the OD,,,,,,

dilvinay
2nd Jul 2007, 05:20
ı had my OD on saturday.today ı am goıng to go to the fınal ıntervıew.ı have achıeved 6 stages so far. there were over 200 candıdates there. fırst was hand ın a photo and updated cv and after that a quıck chat whıch was the fırst tıme that they talk to you face to face.they ask you some questıons.ı was asked ıf ı stıll fly,how ı got here to attend etc... the second stage was watchıng the famous vıdeo and then askıng questıons after that we got our fırst letter tellıng whether we are successful or not. on the second stage we were seperated ınto two groups one to one sıde one to the other sıde .there were chaırs ın a cırcle and we had our reference numbers and we sat ın order to the numbers. ıt started wıth the meassurıng heıgt there was a pıcture of an aırcraft on te wall and they asked us to rıse up to toes and touch on the top of the pıcture. after we ındıvıdualy told our most embarrassıng moment one by one and rıght after we were gıven a topıc whıch was fındıng 5 good thıngs about ıstanbul and 5 bad thıngs that needs to be changed. that was the group dıscussıon.after that stage we waıted outsıde for the results and some tıme later got those famous letters agaın sayıng that ı achıeved to the next stage. the thırd stage was the englısh test and the essay. so ı have done that successfully as well. at the end we were 14 left and asked to come back tomorrow mornıng whıch was yesterday. and we had agaın group dıscussıon as ıt was the 4. stage got the letter agaın .the 5th was they called us ın one by one and had a personal conversatıon face to face and then ı was gıven a newspaper and asked to read out loud a text for one tıme whıch was allready marked. ı was asked to summarıze. after a whıle we got the letters and ı was successfull so the last stage was the psychologıcal test and rıght after they gave us some papers that we had to fıll ın lıke personal detaıls passport detaıls educatıon etc... and we were asked to come back tomorrow whıch ıs today wıth some documents as ın applıcatıon form sıgned and dated,entry permıt applıcatıon form,2 photocopıes of relevant pages of passport,photograps one full lenght 2 casual and 4 passport sıze photocopıes of certıfıcates letter of appoıntment .and we were gıven home work actually whıch was completıng a test onlıne and fıllıng ın some other documents.everybody has own tıme to come. so ı am goıng to go ın the afternoon ı have approxımately 8 hours to go have to get some of the photos ready. so that ıs ıt for now .thank you all for your help. and wısh me luck ı have one more step to take :)

Alya

umzy
2nd Jul 2007, 11:29
Congrats Alya
Good OD report. I got one question,
What was the ratio there on OD of male and female? And how many was successfull with respect to ratio?

Thanks, and all the best for whole process

ikoysss
2nd Jul 2007, 13:05
Hi everyone! I have just finished my Final Interview. And i would just like to share my experience. Everything they asked were situational questions about my job. I am already working as a cabin crew for a different airline so it wasnt that hard to give a few examples. I think i did fairly well. But what bothers my is the raven test. Out of 15 of us who were invited for the final interview, i was the only one who was made to take the raven test. I know this has already been discussed in the previous posts. But everything about it is quite vague. Why do they only choose a few people to take the Raven test? And is it really a good thing? Or a bad thing? I hope someone here can enlighten me on that.

Just one more question about the medical exam. If they find something wrong with you, a sickness or anything thats treatable or curable, will they give you a chance to treat it? Or will they just reject you?

sulkette
3rd Jul 2007, 02:44
I know, this question is not new, but as the posts are older, I try again: How strict are the recruiters with the 2.12m-rech-test? I am ~1.60m and do NOT reach the 2.12m. But apart from that, I guess, I would be a perfect FA. Does it make sense to apply? A few weeks ago, I flew with Emirates, and there was a FA who definitely was about my size. So, is there hope for me?
Thanks a lot!

sulkette
3rd Jul 2007, 03:32
Here ist what I just read on http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/ (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/):

Cabin Crew Training Programme
Eligibility:
Minimum 10th Grade Certificate (UAE Nationals)

High School Graduates (GCC Nationals)
Nationality:
UAE & GCC National

For GCC Nationals: 21 - 30 years old
Requirements:
Height between 157.5 cm and 178 cm for females

Between 168 cm and 188 cm for males

Weight in proportion to height

Clear complexion

Good eyesight without glasses (contact lenses acceptable).
Training Duration:
3 months English Course (if required), 5 weeks Cabin Crew training in Dubai.
End Objective:
Flight Steward / Stewardess

Hey, I`m 159 cm - so can I become a FA for Emirates? I`m confused..... I dont`t manage to reach the 212cm, but I`m taller than the (here) required 157.5cm - HELP!!!!!
Thank you very very much!!!

IMJ
3rd Jul 2007, 06:34
I am only 158 cm tall, but i have reached 2.12 when i was having the assessments with EK

sulkette
3rd Jul 2007, 06:48
Thanks a lot for your reply. I don`t know what`s wrong with me – and my arms that are obviously too short…. But I thought I`m not that small…
Was it difficult for you? Did you have to stretch a lot?
I desperately want to become an Emirates FA and I don`t want that I`ll fail because of a few cms. Are they very strict??

cp8
3rd Jul 2007, 08:35
hi!:) i just had my final interview this afternoon and the recruiter told me to wait for 4weeks for the result.i hope everything goes well:)

lindaflychick
3rd Jul 2007, 19:47
hope everyone is gd and a thank everyone who has been so helpful on this site, it does really help! After long consideration, I have decided to join Emirates and I leave on 3rd August 2007. Am so excited but now got los to organise! Is anyone else leaving on that day, would love to hear from you. Best of luck to all who are still waiting, i know how it feels!

Linda xx

dilvinay
3rd Jul 2007, 20:07
thank you!
i had my final interview yesterday.i think it was ok.
i was told to wait 3-4 weeks to get the result.
ok.the total number of all candidates was approx. 200.
number of male was roughly 60 female over a hundred.
at the end of the OD we were 9 left and only 2 of them were males.one from belgium and the other turkish. the rest were 7 girls.
i hope i gave the answer you need.

Alya

Flyrules
3rd Jul 2007, 22:27
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who made it! :D

Anyone else joinning EK on Sept 14th?

sulkette
4th Jul 2007, 05:55
Hi, it`s me again – still with the question: how strict are the EK recruiters with the 212cm-arm reach? I am ~160cm, but I cannot reach the mark… - no matter how much I try. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Thanks!

Flyrules
4th Jul 2007, 11:26
Sulkette,

Unfortunatelly, reaching the 212cms mark is one of the first tests you will have to pass in order to continue with the hiring process. The reason is simple: you should be able to reach all storage compartments and emergency equipment on all aircraft.

dilvinay
4th Jul 2007, 12:13
what i have observed there was they are NOT that strict. we are 9 at the moment waiting for results and there are really short ones amongst them stretch your arms as much as you can and rise up to your tiptoes as much as you can but don't give them the impression that you force yourself. so just try you'll never know unless you try! just try it worths trying! good luck!

Alya

missworld21
4th Jul 2007, 12:22
Hi guys,

was wondering how long it took to hear back from emirates after sending your application for cc online? thanks :)

dilvinay
4th Jul 2007, 15:38
i received the e-mail saying that i am invited to the OD it was like 2 and a half month after i applied online.

Alya

umzy
4th Jul 2007, 17:33
hey Alya,
Thanks for the reply, it did answer my question. :-)
All the best for your final call.
Cheers

sulkette
5th Jul 2007, 02:48
flyrules and dilvinay!
Thank you very much for your reply. I don`t know what to do, I definitely want to work for Emirates, and I guess, the other reqirements are not a big problem (even though I know that the application and assessment process is tough). I do not want to be sent away after five minutes or so just because of 3 or 4 cms…. I just wonder becaus I flew with Emirates several times and I saw three flight attendants who were definitely smaller than me (and, moreover, I easily manage to reach the overhead bins).

dilvinay – what do you mean with „small ones“? 160cm? Smaller? I just need a bit of a motivation…:)

It is strange – in this forum, I read about people smaller than me who manage to reach the 212cm-mark. Hey, what`s wrong with my arms? :ugh:Why aren`t they longer?
Anyway, thanks for your reply. Maybe I should wait for an open day nearby...

Lovebird 25
5th Jul 2007, 07:39
Hello nice people! I'm wondering if anyone here attended to final interview in Dubai on 20th of June. I'm still waiting for the famous call.
Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting for the results.

Jessmin
5th Jul 2007, 08:45
To those who are waiting for the golden call, be patient. It says in the paper, you will call you 2-4 weeks. Just make sure you don't receive any emails. you be fine, keep your fingers crossed. good luck.

To those who already submitted their medical procedures, what happen next after they email medical approval?

ikoysss
5th Jul 2007, 16:35
What do they check in your medical exam? What are the chances of you failing it? And whats a NO NO for them when it comes to diseases? Do they actually give you a chance to treat it before you leave?

Jessmin
6th Jul 2007, 01:46
Regarding the medical issue, you probably have to refer to EK recruitment team, I think they have their own doctor for approval, i can't really put my fingers what illness can get away.
It seem a lot to go thru at first on papers, but once all are done, I realize they all pretty basic physical health check. If you need time for other treatment, then maybe you can postpone your joining date, becos EK allows 6months to join, you can even choose to join later given date within 6 months. i hope this help.

Gone U/S
6th Jul 2007, 02:31
Hey

Can anyone who has done the medical tell me what the doctor has given to you in terms of the vaccination certificates.

My doctor simply filled out the EK medical form but it says to bring some form of vaccination certificates along to your induction day.

If anyone can provide me with some guidance as i dont want to get over there and have to pay for the shots all over again ... particularly if any Aussies have been in a similar situation or any aussies that have done over can tell me what they have taken.

Thanks for your assistance ... Finally after almost 6 months wait between final interview and fly out date (my choice), my time has come!

ikoysss
6th Jul 2007, 15:29
I am waiting in pain. It has been 4 days since the final interview and it seems like it had been a year of waiting. I wake up, and sleep to the thought of getting the "golden call" or not.
After that, theres the medical exam.. And i cant help it! Im paranoid about my health!!

Jessmin
6th Jul 2007, 16:24
4 days is nothing my dear.. it is 2-4 weeks. be patient

iuli21
6th Jul 2007, 21:02
Here ist what I just read on http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/ (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/):

Cabin Crew Training Programme
Eligibility:
Minimum 10th Grade Certificate (UAE Nationals)

High School Graduates (GCC Nationals)
Nationality:
UAE & GCC National

For GCC Nationals: 21 - 30 years old
Requirements:
Height between 157.5 cm and 178 cm for females

hi!
can't find that on emirates website. can u give me e direct link?
thx

Lovebird 25
6th Jul 2007, 21:02
The medical test is very simple;
respiratory check (for the lung diseases),
a urine sample (for STD's),
dental check (for hygiene),
an eye exam test ( if you need contact lenses).
For the resident visa must have a blood test. It's the same for any Middle Eastern countries.
Good luck...

Lovebird 25
6th Jul 2007, 21:15
The height doesn’t matter unless your hand reaches 212 cm, that’s what they need. There were lot of short girls but they made it. I’m not sure about GCC or UAE nationals requirements , but I do know that they need from the foreigners to have a High School degree.

Leito
6th Jul 2007, 21:45
This are the requirements that I found ont he web site...

Every new cabin crew will be provided with comprehensive training in our state-of-the-art training college. However to qualify for this opportunity, you will need to meet the following criteria:

Minimum age 21 years at the time of application.
Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes), which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types.
Educated to at least high school standard.
Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements.
Fluent in written and spoken English (fluency in another language is an asset).
Previous experience in the service/hospitality industry is an advantage.
Finally, you will be the sort of person who has the natural ability to provide excellent service within a team environment.
There is no mention of age limit, but I believe that people with 35 can still apply, at least thats my understanding unless things have changed.

Good luck every one !!! :ok:

Leo

Jessmin
7th Jul 2007, 03:48
hey, i have a question.

After receiving the medical approval, Does it mean it is 100% confirmed we get the job?
Their email was very brief, just saying medical received and approved. nothing mentioning about eticket or visa?
thanks

steegily
7th Jul 2007, 10:41
I attented final interview the first week in June. I didn't have my photos and doc.s prepared so had to post them later. I emailed them last week to confirm that they recieved the stuff. The day after, I was fiddling with my phone and saw I missed call from Dubai. I was sure that when I phoned back they were going to say "No, sorry, we haven't received your stuff", but whahay!!!!!!!! They said my file had sucessfully made it though final decision and they'd be sending the contracts and medical stuff next week. I can't believe it. :ok:

They gave me a date of 5 October. Anyone else got this date?

whatzmyname
7th Jul 2007, 14:26
You guys have it easy. Waiting only a few weeks to know if you have been hired or not. When I applied 7.5 years ago I had to wait 4 months! My interview was in December and they called my in April on Easter weekend. 2-4 weeks is a very short wait. Still cannot believe I have been here 7 years. Time flies so quickly.:p Good luck with your applications. I know you must feel very excited and a bit scared. If you do not get it,try again. One of my friends applied 8 times before they hired her. She quit last year and went to work for a private airline for more money. I will probably stay here until they kick me out because of old age!:O Emirates is a good airline but it's not for everyone. It can be quite tough here.....I see so many new crew resign every month because they cant handle the pressure. It is a very physically challenging job. Be very sure that you want this before you apply. Anyways, good luck to all of you.

Jessmin
8th Jul 2007, 04:00
Good to share your thoughts and experiene in the forum.
Maybe you can help me with the questions posted few days ago, about confirmation of the job.
Thanks

SkyHighFlyGal
8th Jul 2007, 04:35
Hello again! I am getting very excited awaiting hearing either way about the result of the final interview... so much so that i had a DREAM last night that I was living in Dubai! Think it is playing on my mind a bit!! :p

I know this may be an obscure request, but does anyone have any photographs of the sort of accommodation that cabin crew stay in, in Dubai?

Also one more question - are crew able to do any part time work in the UAE (legally), for example, English tutoring? I am also a qualifed primary teacher, so thought I could do some tutoring to get my 'kid fix' and earn some extra cash.

Cheers,
SHFG :ok:

SkyHighFlyGal
8th Jul 2007, 04:52
.... that is, ofcourse, if I get the job!!! :O

SHFG is getting a little ahead of herself!!! :uhoh:

Flyrules
8th Jul 2007, 16:55
Jessmin,

I have finally recieved the email with the contract and medical forms. Everything will be scanned and sent to HR tomorrow.

I have also completed the on-line joiners forms. Did you get a confirmation email or something once you submited? Cause I didnt. However, when I tried to log on again it said my details had been updated already. I was a little bit confused with the name fields though (name as in passport, ID card name and prefered name). Is your "prefered name" the one that will appear in your name badge? The reason I am asking is cause you know I go by my middle name.

Have you heard back from them yet (besides that medical approval email you already recieved)?

____________________________________________________________ ____

Anyone else joining EK on sep 14th? I can hardly wait!:)

SkyHighFlyGal
9th Jul 2007, 01:52
Flyrules - woo hoo bring on Sept 14!!

What date did you tell them you were available to start?? Immediately? Or did they ask you to start on the earliest date you said you were available?

I told them I could start on 26th September, however, it would be MUCH easier for my study schedule to start a little later (say, end of October).

So I am doing the figures... if your interview date was early June, and your start date is mid September, that is a 2.5 month time frame, from git to go.

Do you think if I changed my start availability now that they would be stroppy?

Once again, I haven't GOT the job yet, SHFG getting ahead of herself once again!!! :eek: Better stop it or might jinx myself!

SHFG:p

Flyrules
9th Jul 2007, 02:21
SFHG,

Thank you! My final interview was may 31st and I actually told them I was available immediately. They didnt give me dates to choose from when I recieved the call. However, in the email I recieved with the contract and medicals they said the starting given date could be changed at anytime to an earlier day if required by EK.

I think if you talk to your recruitment officer and explain your situation, they will understand. Also, in the contract says that the job offer is valid for 6 months after the email is recieved. In my case and if needed, I could join EK until december/07.

By the way, there`s nothing wrong with getting ahead of yourself, I reckon we all had at some point!

sulkette
9th Jul 2007, 02:53
It`s so strange and it makes me mad – I am stretching and stretching and stretching, but I DON`T manage to reach the 212cm-mark. I am 160cm and I always read about smaller girls who have no problems reaching the required mark. Aarrgggh! Is there any hope or is ist senseless to apply?

tingz
9th Jul 2007, 04:12
ya, I agree with Jessmin. The email was very brief. They just stated medical report received and approved..
I guess the eticket and visa would send to us in coming weeks ya?
email or fax?

By the way, can anyone share how's the 5 weeks training in Dubai like?
For the swimming part, do they require certain type of style? Coz I only know breakstroke and thought they might need us to swim freestye...

any malaysian will depart by 10 Aug?

Thank you.

Gone U/S
9th Jul 2007, 04:49
EK are great about changing start dates, they have been very accommodating in my situation.

I was originally supposed to start in May but rang up about a month before hand and asked to postpone it. The recruitment officers were very helpful and i was able to take the full six months between final interview and start date.

So i know have only 3 weeks till i leave OZ and my airline and start with EK in DXB. Let's hope that i have make the right decision.....

SkyHighFlyGal
9th Jul 2007, 05:29
Gone U/S - that's awesome. So would you recommend that I go through the medical etc, and then wait for them to offer a start date, before I bring it up?

How much did you alter it by, from your original start date? I originally said I would be available from September 26, but now am thinking October 31.

dilvinay
10th Jul 2007, 15:51
i have just send some casual photos today. 10 days after my final interview. is it ok or is it too late. any suggestion!

Alya

ikoysss
10th Jul 2007, 16:27
I've sent my school documents 15 days after the final interview. I had to request for it in my school and it usually takes that long to process. Dunno if its a good thing for them or if its quite late. :uhoh: The recruiter said theres a deadline for pending docs and its 2 months. So i guess its still ok :uhoh:

dilvinay
10th Jul 2007, 18:37
great. thanks. better now!

sulkette
11th Jul 2007, 03:47
hi!
i just ask myself how the emirates cabin crew drop out rate looks like? how many flight attendants quit their job within the first few months – or even already during the training which is said to be tough.
thanks a lot!
sulkette

SkyHighFlyGal
11th Jul 2007, 10:06
Hellllooohaaa :)

I had a missed call today from the UAE!!! :eek: Only 2 weeks after the final interview.... do you think that's a good sign? Would it be RE: reference checks do you think?

Just hope they call me back soon, the suspense is killing me!

SHFG

ikoysss
11th Jul 2007, 12:10
Thats gotta be it! I mean, they dont call if you got rejected right? They just send you an email. Its been a week from my final interview.. crossing my fingers :ugh:scared to death:uhoh:

Melisa
11th Jul 2007, 12:54
Hey SkyHighFlyGal

I did my final interview on June 27 in BNE and got a phone call from Emirates yesterday as well... they were asking for me to send in more photos.. one more casual (even though i previously submitted four) and for me to take my formal Suit photo again as they wanted my jacket to be more fitted at the waist with no wrinkles. So i quickly express posted those today and the woman who called me said that after receiving the photographs i should be hearing from them in 10 days.. So fingers crossed that is a good sign for me! I want the job so badly!! Ive applied four times already and have been studying and working hard the past 3 years to prepare myself for the role..

Don't know if you remember me, but i was the one that was given an unsucessful letter after the group scenario discussion then when i was about to hop into my car and burst into tears, Chelsea the recruitment officer came running out and told me she gave me the wrong letter and for me to stay!!! That day was such an emotional rollercoaster!!

Well good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the results and Congrats to those who got a 'Yes'! :)

mother hen
11th Jul 2007, 13:07
Hi to everyone waiting to hear from Emirates.
I haven't posted on here for a while, but as I've mentioned before, I don't work for EK, but my daughter does.

She's been in Dubai for 10 months now and loves it!

Melisa.....regarding photos: the same thing happened to my daughter. They rang and asked her for more photos. They wanted the business one's again. Skirt too long, jacket too wrinkled and not fitted enough etc.

Just to say not to worry, as I said, this happened to her and she was accepted, and now happily flying with Emirates for 10 months!

Well, best wishes to all, and good luck,

mother hen.

Flyrules
11th Jul 2007, 13:14
SHFG;

Congrats! :D What`s your start day? I also had Chelsea and Rowena as recruitment officers! They were both very nice gals.

SkyHighFlyGal
11th Jul 2007, 13:53
Hi Melisa - yes I remember you, you poor darling, I remember watching Chelsea run after you thinking 'this girl is either going to jump in the air and cheer or break down in tears of relief'!

Ahhh... well... if my business attire pics are no good, I will be rather cheesed, as they cost me $180 to have done at a studio! I was not able to get sky blue background anywhere else, short of stringing up a sheet at home and standing on it. So hope they just want some more casual ones or something...

Not sure if you remember me - I was the one who spoke briefly to everyone about what it is like to be cabin crew (i used to fly with Ansett and Virgin Blue). I don't think we chatted much, but I do remember you.

I'll post again when I find out what they were calling for!

SHFG xo:p

SkyHighFlyGal
11th Jul 2007, 13:55
:pThanks Flyrules! Not accepted yet, but was excited to get a phone call with a strange +971 start number... !

SHFG

mother hen
11th Jul 2007, 14:02
SkyHighFlyGal:

hopefully all will be well with your photos, but if not don't worry.
Just take them again using a normal digital camera, that's what we did with my daughters photo's. We then loaded them onto the computer and changed the background colour on there.Then we printed them off in the correct sizes they required. We also did this for the passport pics she needed to take with her.

I'm sure everything will go well for you,
best wishes,
mother hen.

Melisa
11th Jul 2007, 14:15
Mother Hen: Thanks for telling me about your daughters' experience.. Your story is very encouraging to me :)

SHFG: Ahh yes were you the one on the open day to the right hand side of the room in the middle rows? Yes after Chelsea told me and went back into the building i burst into tears crying in Joy!!! Lol.. Then when i walked back into the lobby I said to everyone "I'm Back!" and everyone applauded!!! Wow the amount of support everyone gave was amazing!

I'm also working for Virgin Blue at the moment as Ground Crew, its a great job but i've always wanted to fly for Emirates.

I also did my pictures at home! Luckly I love taking photographs and had bought myself an SLR camera last year. So before the final interviews i rushed out and bought white material to use as a backdrop and used all the lamps in the house to make me brighter.. Lol. It turned out really well like in the studios. I didn't use the blue background as that is only really needed for the passport pic's if you are approved.

I'll keep you guys informed too :)

Thanks again!

Melisa

bes&dsky
11th Jul 2007, 17:15
It was great hearing that a lot of you are about to fly for emirates..would just like to ask if anyone knows when is the assessment for amirates here in the Philippines? since I dont see any post in their sched of assessment in their website..Thanks!!:)

I've never attended any of their assessment so far.. doesnt seem to get track of their scheds!

desmayani
11th Jul 2007, 20:11
I attended the BNE open day last mth and i finally got the call yday (2 weeks and one day after my one on one interview)!! they havent sent me my medical yet though!!...im pretty keen to get it done asap!! so after all the official stuff...i will fly out to dubai 31st aug and start a new chapter of my life!!! cant wait!!!!

missworld21
11th Jul 2007, 20:54
Hi Guys,

i wish to attend an open day in Belfast, Northern Ireland and will be travelling over there from Scotland. is it all done in one day or would i have to return (if succesful) another day.? its on a saturday too. just wanted some advice, as i don't want to clocking up hotel room bills if i had to stay on,aalso i'd be booking a flight. thanks! x:)

SkyHighFlyGal
12th Jul 2007, 12:03
So they called yesterday, no voicemail message left but it is a number from the UAE.....

I called back today... twice... left two voicemail messages asking them to return my call, and they haven't.

I am assuming they are really busy, but starting to panic slightly!

:sad:

Just want to KNOW... ya know?? :)

steegily
12th Jul 2007, 12:25
Hi MissWorld21,

I attended an open day in Ireland. And the whole thing was spread over 3 days. The first day was the open day which started at 9am. People who didn't make it through the group activities were dismissed at about 12.00.
The day went on till about 6pm. Then we could choose if we wanted our final interview the following day, or the day after that.
Your open day is on a saturday. I don't know if they'll do interviews on the sunday! maybe someone else can answer that.

To be on the safe side, I suppose book your flight back on the Monday.

Hope you do really really well. Best of Luck

cp8
12th Jul 2007, 14:30
Hello! From what country are you? I also had my final interview last July3 here in the Philippines and haven't got a call from them.All of us from our batch are still waiting for the GOLDEN CALL.Congratulations!:)

cp8
12th Jul 2007, 14:35
hello!:) they had an assessment here in the Philippines last June30 and July1.I think they'll be having their next assessment around August.Go to Ipams first:) Goodluck:)

ikoysss
12th Jul 2007, 15:10
Hey CP8, i was at the july 2 interview.. Havent gotten a call either..

steegily
12th Jul 2007, 18:22
To anyone who's already received the email with details of the medicals:

How long after you got the famous phone call, until you get the email? I got the call on the 5th July. It's now a week later and I have received nothing.

Flyrules
12th Jul 2007, 20:33
Hello Everyone,

In average, you should recieve "the call" 4-5 weeks after the final interview. Within 2 weeks you will recieve "the email" with the contract, medicals, check list and drug list. After medicals have been emailed to DXB, another 2 weeks for them to confirm.

Right now I am just waiting for them to confim whether or not my medicals and everything is OK. I submited my medicals on monday.:D

SkyHighFlyGal
13th Jul 2007, 11:43
Well, it's nearly close of business for the week in the UAE, so I guess I won't be getting a follow up call this week... they phoned at 4:30pm on Wednesday and I missed it, then have tried calling back but just get voicemail...

I suppose I need to be grateful that I did receive a call at all, although they still haven't called me back.... I guess it is better than hearing nothing at all... and I figure it is a good sign that I have heard from them so soon (2 weeks after final interview)...

I just hope and pray that because I missed the call they dont' put my application at the bottom of the pile and forget about me! Does anyone know how they do the follow up contacts for recruitment? The voicemail message went to an individual's voicemail (ie - not the general 'thanks for calling emirates' message, it was 'thanks for calling XYZ')

Are they usually pretty slack at returning calls??

Ahhhh - *breathing into brown paper bag*

Jessmin
14th Jul 2007, 01:17
I have yet to receive any email after the medical approval email. I understand we have to scan the resignation form and return to them. The main question for me is I am not working at the moment. EK knows that. So will I receive different email stating about my eticket and Visa?
Help would appreciated.

Flyrules
14th Jul 2007, 01:58
Hey Jess,

Looking at all the information they sent us, I think you dont need to worry about that. It says:"To be issued on company letterhead and signed by the company designated official only" (you obviously dont have one at the moment). You are right, I am sure they are aware of your current employment status.

They do ask, however, for 2 reference letters from your previous employer (must be stamped by them). This information is in the body of the "Offer of Employment" email. Notice it says that if you have already submitted the same to the recruitment officer at the final interview, you must ignore that requirement.

I remember during our final interview, there were some candidates who never had a job. Those were asked for 2 reference letters from professors at school. So if that is your case, I`d go ahead and submit 2 of those letters. I mean, the same applies for any job when you have just graduated from college.

Most likely, if they ask people for reference letters from their actual employer followed by a confirmation of resignation, is because they want to make sure you left your job in good terms :) (you didnt just ran away or vanished from your current job, that just doesn`t look good:=) and that your contract with them is over. Again, this may not be your case.

Not sure if this will help but I hope it somehow does;)

FlyRules:ok:

cp8
14th Jul 2007, 02:18
hi! what's that resignation form?because i'm planning not to resign..because we have to pay the bond if we resign.so i'm thinking of AWOL(absence without leave). DO you think it's okay if i do that?i'm worried regarding that resignation form.thanks

Jessmin
14th Jul 2007, 02:44
If you read your letter of offer, even during your final interview. stated very clearly, you need 2 references letter with company stamp on it. if you holding a job currently, you MUST submit the form that's came with your offer of employment. with the company stamp again, scan and email it back. i know someone who just did that.
up to you how much you like to keep your job.

ikoysss
14th Jul 2007, 04:09
Theres such a thing as AWOL, meaning absence without official leave. This was necessary for us because we would have to pay a ridiculous amount if we resigned properly. All that they asked from us at the final interview is any kind of proof that you were employed by your previous company. They didnt mention anything about resignation forms and such.

Jessmin
14th Jul 2007, 04:47
Pls refer to your offer of employment page 9 and 10. Honestly I am not very familiar with AWOL,.

liebestraum12
14th Jul 2007, 07:28
hey guys! i just want to share with you my experience. I will just make this brief and give the gist. hopefully it will answer some questions that you have.

I applied to Emirates online last February then I was initally screened by their official headhunter agency in my county (IPAMS). After 2 months, i was asked to attend the assessment with the Emirates representatives. In this asessment we were asked to do the reach test, English test and 3 group discussions. After all the eliminations were over, we were cut down from 103 to 9. 9 of us were scheduled for final interview. After 3 weeks of waiting for the "golden call", we were asked by IPAMS to come in to their office to fill up forms and start the medicals right away. From 9 people who attended the final interview, I think only 5 or 6 of us were there. It took a month for me to accomplish everything because the accredited clinic was quite sucky. 3 days after finishing my medicals, I received my final approval and was told that 4 days before departure I would be given the contract, visa and e-tickets via email. Anyone leaving on that date as well? :)

Sorry if this is lengthy but hopefully it would paint a picture on what the assessment and process for Emirates recruitment is like..

nno85
14th Jul 2007, 15:55
Hey everyone

I fly out to Dubai on the 10th August and start training the 16th. Anyone else going on those dates?

Flyrules
14th Jul 2007, 17:40
HHHmmmmm:confused:

Quite interesting... We all fly on a friday to DXB and start training the following thursday. The business week in the UAE starts on sunday and it ends on thursday.

Does it mean we will have one day of training right before the weekend? or, Will we be attending training on weekends....? I assume that first week in DXB will be to finish up visa formalities, hiring paperwork and medicals, right?

PS: nno85, you fly to DXB on my b-day!, lucky you!:O

bes&dsky
15th Jul 2007, 10:23
what do you think are in common with all of you who were hired by emirates?? i need help..thanks!

Were all of you smooth skined, flawless, and all?

ikoysss
15th Jul 2007, 12:32
I have friends who are currently working for Emirates. And i have seen their colleagues. Let me tell you what i think. Its the personality they are looking for, the sincerity towards the job. I have seen really pretty ones and ordinary looking ones. Good physical attributes are a plus ofcourse. But without the personality, one can only go as far as the initial screening. Its like dating someone. You tend to look at her physical attributes first then you assess the personality. :suspect:

I have not been hired yet. Waiting for the golden call. :O crossing my fingers :8

Lovebird 25
15th Jul 2007, 15:33
Hello everyone! I Just got the famous call from Emirates. I'm wondering if anyone starts their training on 27 of August. :)

cp8
15th Jul 2007, 15:51
when was your final interview? i'm still waiting for the golden call:) CONGRATULATIONS:)

Leito
16th Jul 2007, 03:02
From Sun to Wed you will get your uniform, visit the clinic and fill lots and lots of paper work, including your USA visa application and some people might need visa for some other countries, it all happens the first four days, on Thu it's the first day that you will attend the S.E.P. training and on the week end you will probably have to study for some test for the next Sun, and you will be tested every 2nd day at least.

During the very first week you will already start using your uniform, probably by day 3 or 4, so, the very first days you will have to wear something formal and business like, take what you had at the interview.

God Luck !!!

Leo

tingz
16th Jul 2007, 05:47
<P>nno85,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>hi there, I'm also flying over to Dubai on 10 Aug and will start my training on 17 Aug.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Nice meeting you here.</P>

desmayani
16th Jul 2007, 06:54
i received the call from emirates to say that i got got accepted nearly a week ago.... and i SWORE the lady said that she was going to send an email with ALL the medical attachments/forms to me in the next 24hrs...but then again i was TOO HAPPY to really listen to all the info she was giving me! the whole call was a blur :p so when i didnt get it in the next 24 hours i assumed she said within the week...?? she even quoted my correct email address?

how long was it when you guys got the email after the call?? i just want to get ALL the official stuff done ASAP, cause i am TOTALLY READY to go!! its all im waiting on!!

desi

cp8
16th Jul 2007, 07:20
Congratulations:)

Flyrules
16th Jul 2007, 13:47
"Hola" everybody,

Is anyone familiar with the "CC linen and starter pack list"??? I recieved a copy of it during the final interview but I am not sure if we will definately recieve everything that is on that list upon arrival. If that is the case, clothes is all we need to bring with us. Right?

Desmayani,

It took two weeks after the call to recieve the email with medical forms, contract, druglist and new hire checklist. After you submit all those forms via email, it will be another two weeks to get medical approval and two more weeks to get the final approval/acceptance letter.

SHFG,

CONGRATS! Well done:D

SkyHighFlyGal
16th Jul 2007, 14:04
YAYAYAYAYYAY

They FINALLY called back tonight...

I start on Oct 12!

(pending medical, etc)

Sooooooo excited :p:p:p

pramugara
16th Jul 2007, 18:34
Heya!

I will try to make it as short as I can :p.

This is going to be my second attempt with EK and yet again, I have been invited to attend a premilinary selection next month (yeah! fingers crossed everybody!).

I do understand that when it is meant to be, then it is meant to be (?lol?). However, would you reckon that I would have a better chance on an Open Day rather than on a Global Assessment Day?

Bear in mind that most of the time, those who come on an Open Day are less prepared, so I guess I am just trying to be cheeky :8, expecting that the chance would be better. Not too sure whether that would make sense, hence this post. For additional information, the OD will be on a different city, a week earlier than the GAS.

Please let me know your thoughts. Wish you all the best!

Cheers,
Pramugara

cp8
17th Jul 2007, 07:07
I'd like to ask how important the resignation form is? what if I my former company without proper notice. So it means I couldn't get the papers that I need.They won't give me those resignation forms,etc.thanks for the help

Flyrules
17th Jul 2007, 13:43
Hello Everyone,

I got the FINAL APPROVAL today! :D

The email says that I can now resign, scan and email the Resignation Acceptance. Quote: "Note: You will not be allowed to join without providing us with the Resignation acceptance letter".

It also says that I will recieve an email 4 days before leaving home with the e-ticket/visa paperwork. I will be able to travel just with the print out! (Thank God for Technology and the Internet! :O)

See you all in Dubai!!!!

Lovebird 25
17th Jul 2007, 15:22
My final interview was 20 of June. But in my documents it's written joining date June 16. I almost completed most of my medical exams and as i mentioned before the tests were very easy.
I want to thank you Mr. Adel form HR department, he's been very helpful to all joiners.
Good luck guys...

jess.s
17th Jul 2007, 23:43
Once aging congratulations Flyrules!
You will have the most wonderful experiences!

Thank you again for all your help!
Hopefully in the not to distant future I’ll see you in the skies!

Jess xo

cp8
18th Jul 2007, 07:31
hello! what does the resignation acceptance letter looks like? i mean is it a form that must be filled-up by my former/present employer?thanks.goodluck flyrules:)

frajo
18th Jul 2007, 09:28
Hi guys,

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Emirates is opening up a base in Cairns. Does anyone know anything about this?

lvaxf
18th Jul 2007, 11:00
sorry but no...
if ek were to open a new destination in oz it would be adelaide, but the current agreement ek has only allows them 49 flights a week, therefore to open a new destination they would have to bring down a frequency on another station (and currently all of them are doing quiet well, with good loads on the trans-tasman sectors).
i know the agreement was revised recently, any news on that?

frajo
18th Jul 2007, 11:14
Thanks for bursting my little bubble of hope :{

But seriously, thanks for replying. I thought it sounded too good to be true!

Flyrules
18th Jul 2007, 12:56
CP8,

All forms will be provided by EK along with your contract.

helfsich
18th Jul 2007, 14:50
My understanding was that the reason that they need the resignation letter was so that they could process the UAE residence visa, as for EK to be your sponsor in the country you cannot be employed by anyone else.

When I got my letter, I asked to have it done on the company letterhead, and they stamped it for me, it just said how long I had worked there and when I terminated my employment. But then again I was a casual so didn't have the worry of a payout over my head.

Hope this helps

irkedyarn
19th Jul 2007, 08:36
Hello all,

I'm a 23 year old male here in Manila, Philippines aspiring to be a cabin crew member for Emirates. I was wondering how strict Emirates is when it comes to teeth; I have complete and healthy teeth however the four front teeth in the bottom row are misaligned. Would this disqualify me for assesment or lessen my chances of being accepted? Thanks! :)

mytcrew
19th Jul 2007, 14:15
To all you guys out here worrying about your teeth not being totally perfect: This is not a issue here on EK!! As long as it doesn't make you look like a freak, please do not worry!!!! Emirates have normal looking crew, and not so good looking and some good looking.. Getting the the job is all about your personality!! Please don't let this built up image about EK being all about looks fool you guys, it's not like that!

Be confident and don't try to hide your smile at the interviews:):):)

cp8
19th Jul 2007, 16:14
thanks Flyrules and helfsich:)

irkedyarn
19th Jul 2007, 21:57
Thanks mytcrew! I'll keep that in mind. :)

liebestraum12
20th Jul 2007, 05:54
bes&dsky

i really can't say what the Emirates recruiters are looking for. but in my observation, they want you to be comfortable and confident (or at least appear confident) during the whole process. :)

liebestraum12
20th Jul 2007, 06:08
cp8

your from the Philippines too right? The resignation acceptance letter may be the certificate of employment (COE) which states how long you were with the company.

You will also receive a specimen sample from EK once they send you the forms thru ur email. :)

Ell J
20th Jul 2007, 13:29
Hi all,

I've just submitted all my Medical info and Xrays etc to Dubai today via email. Have a question though as there is one thing which is worrying me.
I had my first smear test about 4 years ago where they found Mild Dysklarosis (spelt something like that) which is basically mildly abnormal cells. I was referred to my local NHS Hospital's Coloscopy clinic who I've seen every 6 months for a test, my last smear in December 2006 came back with clear results (third one in a row that came back clear) so the letter I have submitted to Dubai states this:

I have recently rec the result of the smear test you had taken in the Coloscopy Clinic and am happy to report that this has come back negative (yay). You are therefore discharged back to your GP where you will require two more smears at yearly intervals. If these are both negative you can then return to your routine screening under the NHS Cervical Smear Programme (which I think is every 3 years)

Is this likely to be a problem? Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thanks
Ell J

cp8
20th Jul 2007, 15:50
hello:) yep im a filipina. by the way,are you with emirates? im planning to go an AWOL because we have to pay the bond of 70,000pesos because we didn't finished the contract of 2years. So it means that If I'm on AWOL,I can't get the clearance,COE and other necessary documents from them.right?thanks

Flyrules
20th Jul 2007, 16:11
Hey Jess,

You better find a nice restaurant to have dinner at when I get to DXB! :p

____________________________________________________________ _

Jess and Ell J,

Regarding the final addional 24 photos requested, I have taken all of them in skyblue background (3.5x4.5cms which is standard passport size). I know it says four of them have to be 3x3.5 cms (an odd size), so I reckon I will just bring a pair of good scissors with me!:p

I am not sure if perhaps the 4 photos (3x3,5 cms) are the ones for the R-type U.S. visa. I remember those were the exact same specifications when I had my US visa renewed last year.

PS: Do these 24 photos also have to be showing off your teeth:}?

ianbeale
20th Jul 2007, 17:22
this is from a web site in the uk.........

Is it about right ?
hope it not a problem posting this here , as it is in the public domain already
this is from a career in travel web site
many thnks in advance
ian beale

What you can expect working for Emirates
g 3 year renewable contract
g A tax free starting salary of AED 3,640 (approx US$ 1,000) plus flying pay of approximatly US$ 600
per month
g High quality furnished shared accommodation (own bedroom)

Jessmin
20th Jul 2007, 23:44
Can't Wait My Dear.

About The Photos, I Am Scratching My Head Here About The Unusual Size, U Probably Right, They Probably Need Them For Us Visas Which I Already Have For Work And Tourist.
Let Me Know If You Get Any News About The Odd Size Photos.

Cp8
Don't Worry So Much About Your Resignation Letter. You Won't Get Into Trouble With Ek, Just Explain To Them. I Don't Have Release Letter Cos I Left Previous Company 3 Months Ago. I Explained To Them My Situation, They Were Fine With Me.

cp8
21st Jul 2007, 06:37
thanks jessmin.so they won't ask for my certificate of employment?:) goodluck jessmin:)o

ikoysss
22nd Jul 2007, 02:45
Cp8 and i have been waiting for the "golden call" for three weeks now. Some people from the final interview have already been called, some got the horrid regret email. They all got it after two weeks. Were still crossing our fingers :ugh:

liebestraum12
22nd Jul 2007, 09:31
cp8

nope, i'm not working for emirates just yet. but i will be leaving this august for the training and stuff.

fifatasya79
22nd Jul 2007, 12:26
Hi Everyone

I feel so ashamed going to Emirates interview where they pick all chineses in Malaysia. He interviewer from Malaysia half Singaporean. When u feel not right about the way the pick potential stewardess... SPEAK UP.

sundaybrunch
22nd Jul 2007, 13:59
just out of curiosity, did anyone went down to dubai personally to submit their cv and get called for an interview, either in dubai or anywhere in the world? thought of getting my friend to submit on my behalf, and if i get called up an interview, i can purchase id90 tickets to travel to dubai for the interview.

Flyrules
22nd Jul 2007, 17:54
Sundaybrunch,

I know someone who flew all the way to DXB from America, paid full fare, applied and got in. I`d say, go for it!

I bought ID90 tickets myself to attend an OD in another country as EK will never come to mine. I also got in.

Good Luck

sundaybrunch
22nd Jul 2007, 18:54
thanks Flyrules!

i saw in emirates career page, they seem to have an assessment day in dubai every other week. so does anyone know how long it takes for them to arrange an interview for you after dropping off the cv, since i need at least 2 months ahead to apply for a ticket there. and is the whole interview procedure going to take 1 day?

Leito
23rd Jul 2007, 03:53
I believe that it takes a couple of days, but then again, I'm not sure if they make any exeptions when people come from over seas, if I were you I would apply and if they invite me then I will ask all those questions, but some how I don't see it happening all in one day.

Sorry for not being much of a help here.

Good luck !!!! :ok:

cp8
23rd Jul 2007, 06:57
finally...we got the golden call yesterday!!!:) i'll be leaving on the 21st of September and ikoysss will be leaving on the 5th of october. Thanks everyone!!!:)

Jessmin
23rd Jul 2007, 10:02
when in aug are you doing for dubai?

Jessmin
23rd Jul 2007, 10:18
SUNDAYBRUNCH,
IF YOU REALLY WANT THE JOB, GO TO THE NEAREST EK RECRUITMENT. I DID.MOST OF PEOPLE IN THE FORUM DID TOO. IT IS COSTLY, I MADE SEVERAL TRIPS DOWN TO MALAYSIA. I LIVED I HK.

FLYRULES, THE ODD PIC ARE FOR GCAA, not US VISAS,READ IT IN THE PAPERS GIVEN DURING FINAL INTERVIEW.

fifatasya79
hello Sayang, i went to my final interview in KUL in May, There were some malays/Indians. so pls don't misinterprete if you were not chosen. People were not chosen for many reasons. some unexplained. EK has more than 100 nationalities, very little space for race discrimination here if you like to join EK, so try again in 6 months. good luck, happy to help if you need any info

Melisa
24th Jul 2007, 06:18
Woohoo!!! I FINALLY got the golden phone call!!! :)

Four long weeks after my final interview in BNE!

Pending medical i start Sept 28th :)

So over the moon!!

Thank God!!! :D

cp8
24th Jul 2007, 08:03
Congratulations!!!:) I also got the phone call and I'll be flying to Dubai on the 21st of September:)

SkyHighFlyGal
24th Jul 2007, 11:13
Hey all,

I'd be keen to hear from anyone who is starting on October 12! PM me if you are...

SHFG :p

fly_guy100
24th Jul 2007, 17:27
Can anyone inform me on how crowded (if so) the Dubai OPEN HOUSES get? I know that the ones in Australia get pretty busy, now does it get that busy in Dubai? Will it be easy to get noticed if I attend an open house in Dubai?

Leito
24th Jul 2007, 19:40
Forgive my ignorance, but what is and open house? :confused:

ikoysss
25th Jul 2007, 00:07
Hey Skyhigh, i'll be starting my training on the 11th of October? A day ahead of you. Does that mean were on different batches?

SkyHighFlyGal
25th Jul 2007, 07:29
Hmmm... that's weird... i thought most people departed on a Thursday and then started the following friday? So for me I depart on 12th October, and am starting on the 18th I think ...

Hope we are training together! Would be nice to know someone :)

cp8
25th Jul 2007, 08:04
would someone be kind enough to tell me how long is the waiting period before they email us the final approval?:) thanks:)

mother hen
25th Jul 2007, 08:24
regarding flying out dates and training:

As I've mentioned before, not crew myself, but daughter is.

My daughter's been there 11 months now. When she started EK, she left on September 8th last year, a Friday, and started her training on the Sunday, Sep.10th. I'm sure people who are crew with them can give you better info but just thought I'd pass on what happened when my daughter joined. If there is anything that i can help with please feel free to ask.

Wishing you all the best for your future career with Emirates, and good luck to all who are waiting for calls.

mother hen.

Melisa
25th Jul 2007, 10:17
I just received my medical/letter of employment email and I am trying to log in on the careers website to do the Joiners form on the selected applicants section, but the link there hasn't been working.. Anyone else having trouble there?

Also on my letter of employment/contract, my commencement date says the 28-Sep-2007 but the date of training on page 5 says commencing the 27-Sep-2007 - a day before my actual commencement... Obviously they've made a mistake there with dates right?? Cause my work colleagues contract says commencement 12 Oct with training start date of the 18th.. a few days afterwards....

I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of documents there are!!

intrepid_traveller
25th Jul 2007, 10:36
Hey there,

I have a start date of 12th October as well. Am flying from BNE. Congrats on the job. Just organising my medicals and paperwork etc. and then will be all set.

Jessmin
25th Jul 2007, 11:15
hey, regarding your log into online joiner. you probably using different system, mine cannot open the link from Mac computer but work on window. so try window or try using other computer. pretty sure your commencement date is wrong. pls check with cabin crew team.

cp8,
medical approval takes about 1-2 weeks. so make sure you provide them with complete info asap. good luck

SkyHighFlyGal
25th Jul 2007, 11:53
Thanks Mother Hen!

:)

I guess they start at all different days of the week.... must be stacks of crew going through training at the moment...

I have just done the calculations and I will be spending my 30th birthday in Dubai! If 6 months probation starts on DOJ, I will graduate probation on 16th April.... which is just after my birthday! Will have to find a very cool venue for a p-a-r-t-y!! ;)

Flyrules
25th Jul 2007, 13:31
Hello,

I`d like to congratulate everyone who recenlty got accepted:D

Anyone else joining on Sept 14th, starting training on Sept 20th?

sundaybrunch
25th Jul 2007, 20:46
thanks Leito and Jessmin!

Jessmin, the reason why I'm not attending any open days within the region is because I'm currently working as a crew and have difficulties swopping for flights, changing flights yadda yadda. Couldn't make it to any of the open days in Malaysia or Bangkok. The only days I can make it is when they are having open days in Australia or Europe. So I thought I might as well give it a shot trying out for the assessment day in Dubai since I can get discounted tickets (which is really cheap compared to the full fare). I admit that I am that desperate to try to land myself a job in the middle east. :O

Melisa
26th Jul 2007, 07:35
Jessmin: Thanks for the tip! I was using Firefox but it didn't work so I tried with Explorer and then the link worked :) Your a champ!!!

Cp8: Thanks!!! Congrats to you too!! Dati akong nakatira sa Maynila (lol Barok pa ang tagalog ko!!) hehe..

It appears all of us are all starting one week after another.. So we are all bound to bump into each other within those 5 weeks of training! They must start a training group every Thursday.. I'm flying Sept 28 and starting training on the 4th Oct... And everyone else seems to be just before or just after my dates.. lol :)

Oh yeah with the Acceptance of offer letter, do we only fax page 8 with the declaration or the whole 8-10 pages of the document?

cp8
26th Jul 2007, 09:08
are you an aussie or fil?:) congrats:)

liebestraum12
26th Jul 2007, 16:43
Jessmin

I'm due to leave friday next week. My co-applicants are leaving today.

fly_guy100
26th Jul 2007, 16:44
What diseases and or sicknesses will prevent you from working for Emirates?

liebestraum12
26th Jul 2007, 16:47
cp 8

Medicals may take a month to accomplish. That's how long mine took since i had to undergo 2 odontectomy procedures and of course the vaccines! be sure to scout for vaccines before you commit to a doctor. prices vary they can range from 8k-16k for everything. the yellow fever vaccine will only be give by Department of Quarantine.

After submitting all these, they gave the final confirmation 2 days after.

Good luck with your medicals in SM Lazo, I hope they're doing a better job this time :) congratz to those who got in!

jelena
26th Jul 2007, 23:09
I have one question,please tell me if I have 30years is it possible to applay for Emirates,or the limit is 30, I mean I was born 1977, and I still have now 30 ? Please, if anyone know about it, I will appriciate to tell me, thank's:ugh:

Leito
27th Jul 2007, 04:09
As far as I know it's 35 the limit, but then again sometimes they take people older, so I don't know.

I do know that 30 is fine, go ahead :ok:.

desmayani
27th Jul 2007, 04:38
OOPS just sent what was supposed to be a private message onto the main thread. sorry! haha...feel free to delete moderator!!

Ell J
27th Jul 2007, 09:31
Hi Desi/All,

Replied to you by PM. I'm starting to stress a little now about my Medical Approval. I emailed them to Dubai a week ago today (obv I know Fridays is their day off out there) haven't yet heard anything. The jist I get from this forum is that it can take upto 2 weeks to get conf however someone one here heard 2 days after. If i'm freaking out for no reason please tell me! Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just want it all in writing so I can start on the 31st August as originally suggested however unsure meds will get approved and i'll get conf of employment in time for next Tues (which is the day I'd need to hand notice in to Landlord and work). If anyone else has had this issue did they change your start date? x

nno85
27th Jul 2007, 11:52
Hi Ell J

I wouldnt worry about your medicals, personally mine took 2days for them to give my final approval. But i guess it depends how busy they are as there seems to be a lot of people starting in August and September. I fly out on the 11th August.

Nicola

Ell J
27th Jul 2007, 12:10
Hi Nicola,

Ok thank you, I think I should go take a chill pill for the time being! Best of luck on the 11th August! How exciting! x

cp8
27th Jul 2007, 15:01
hello.just had my medicals this morning.so tiring. i have an impacted tooth and have to be extracted as soon as possible.:) by the way,if the clinic here in the Phils told me that my results are okay,does it mean that I won't be having problems with them(emirates)??? thanks

jelena
27th Jul 2007, 21:48
I would like to thank you so so so much! You give me now new satisfaction, thank you once again !

liebestraum12
28th Jul 2007, 01:38
cp8

If the clinic says you're fit to work for Emirate under the guidelines that they gave then most likely you're 98 or 99% approved already :)

are you almost done with your medicals?:)

MissSmith
28th Jul 2007, 01:58
Hi everyone, i am looking at attending one of the Emirates open days mid august........ i would love any advice anyone can give on what sort of questions will be asked and helpful hints and tips on getting through. I have always wanted to fly with emirates and working hard to help make it come true.... as chessy as it sounds! :p

I also have hair just past my ears but not long enough to tie back...... sweeping fringe which i can shape around face. i know emirates like to have all hair back but if anyone could offer a style for shorter hair to wear for photos and interview i would really appreciate it!

Thank you!! ;)

cp8
28th Jul 2007, 02:39
hello.i'll have my vaccines d day after tom. and i'll have my impacted teeth removed this weekend.:)

liebestraum12
28th Jul 2007, 04:37
cp8

God bless with the vaccines and impaction. Just curious, are you gonna have all the vaccines injected in one day? and how many teeth will be extracted from u?

I had two impacted teeth. I wanted to have them removed all at once but my dentist said it's not advisable. the procedure takes a minimum of 30 mins and maximum of 2 hours i think.. mine took 2hours.. haha

cp8
28th Jul 2007, 05:59
i'll have it injected all in one day. they said i have four impacted teeth,but they will only extract 1 because the other impacted teeth doesn't affect my other teeth anyway.:)

liebestraum12
28th Jul 2007, 11:26
cp8

wow! your doctor agreed to have it done in one day? i had to go back 2x to complete it.

by the way, if you're going to bureau of quarantine for the yellow fever vaccine they wouldn't allow you to have one if you had other vaccinations within the week.

God bless:)

blvn
28th Jul 2007, 14:07
Miss Smith,
Hi,
I guess I can help you with your request on tips about the open day, I hope you read this on time.
Well, I never had heard of Emirates before in my life, until they advertised in one local newspaper in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, wich is my city of origin. Well, I strongly beleive that whatever they ask you...you'll be fine if you keep the correct attitude, that I think must be of a serious person, but also very postive and charming, always ready to give a nice smile if it fits, but also not so much desperate. I know now some friends that had prepared much time for the open day, and dind't get trough, and the only reason that I can see for that, is that they were trying too hard, and that is evident for them at first sight, so dont look, as I already said, to desperate for the job, just think that it is a great job, but you have also other interesting things to do with your life if this wouldn't happen, and I'm sure you will be giving the perfect image, also try to go as better looking as possible, best appropriate clothes you have. When they make you talk with the others in group, don't panic if you don't get the main voice, just listen first to what they have to say, and then give a confident and intelligent point of view, dont make the mistake of wanting to be heard above all the others, I think the ones that did that, didn't make it, you should look like you are also interested in what others have to say, I think that shows that you are able to perform very well under the orders of another people and work in group...I beleive they are looking for that.
Well, I wish you good luck, I will be going to Dubai on Sept 21st just in case you wonder if I made it.
Jose

blvn
28th Jul 2007, 14:27
Hi,
I'm flying to Dubai on Sept 21.
but they didn't tell me if I need a USA visa, so I'm wondering if weather I should advise them I don't have one or they are going to take me via Europe, I'm bolivian, so I guess you people from Southamerica would know about this. I have time to make it now, but if they plan to tramit one for me of a diferent kind, i could be doing bad taking early presumptions right.

CP8:
Hi ! we are joining the same day ! cheers ..

Jose

cp8
28th Jul 2007, 15:04
oh..they won't allow me to have it injected in one day?i'll go to the clinic on monday for the vaccinations. i haven't heard about the yellow fever vaccine??

liebestraum12
29th Jul 2007, 13:04
cp8

My co applicants and I were told that the yellow fever vaccine is required. You'll only get it at Bureau of Quarantine (back of Manila Hotel) 1k. They only give the shots M-F 8am-10am only. I suggest you come in early coz usually there's a long line!

Some vaccines can be given with each other but some can't. My doctor gave me everything 2 days apart then a week after I got the yellow fever vaccine.

God bless!:)

ikoysss
29th Jul 2007, 17:18
IPAMS never mentioned anything about a yellow fever vaccine. Who required you to have that? This is bad news for me. I live in Cebu and i just flew here to get everything done(medicals and vaccinations).

Flyrules
29th Jul 2007, 23:24
Hey guys,

This will be my last post. Thank you everyone and good luck to all new members!

See you all in DUBAI:D

liebestraum12
30th Jul 2007, 01:14
cp8 and ikoyss

Emer told us about it and we called Joanne of the Emirates HR Department for confirmation.

God bless :)