PDA

View Full Version : Defo & Deso

lang409
17th Jun 2007, 19:37
This is really the first time I've put any thought into pursuing a move like this. Meaning a foreign airline with mostly an expat employee base.

From the limited research that I've done - I can't really find any rhyme or reason on how or why some people enter DEFO vs. DESO.

Is it based on your interview?
Is it based on age?
Is it based on flight time?
Is it based on having enough guts to say "I'm here for FO not SO"?

extreme P
17th Jun 2007, 21:29
Requirements
All First Officer applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
An ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's License (ATPL)
A minimum of 1000 hours in one of the following categories:
Airline Jet Transport
Command Turbo Prop (MAUW greater than 20,000 Kgs)
High Performance Military Jet
Corporate Jet Command
A current Class One Medical
Fluent spoken & written English
Experience commensurate with age
An applicant must possess the right to live and work in the chosen Base Area. The Company will not sponsor applications to immigration authorities for Flight Crew to live and work in any port other than Hong Kong.
Minimum Requirements
All Second Officer applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
An ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's License (ATPL) (obtained without exemptions) or ICAO Commercial Pilot's License (CPL) (obtained without exemptions) with passes in all ATPL ground examinations
A Valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating
A minimum of 1000 hours fixed wing (preference will be given to applicants with turbine or multi-engine experience)
Experience commensurate with age
A current Class One Medical
Fluent spoken & written English

lang409
18th Jun 2007, 03:08
Thanks for the reply extreme......
And I have seen those requirements, which I have, but I've talked with guys that have gone through the interview process with all of the DEFO qualifications but were asked if they would be willing to accept a DESO position.

I'm just trying to get a feel for......if that's what they say.....are they looking for you to show that you are a driven individual or are you just willing to take what they offer?

extreme P
18th Jun 2007, 03:11
If a career at CX is what you want then of course taking a DESO position is ok with you. Maybe the same theory as are you willing to work the ramp/sweep the hangar/wash the boss's car.

kmagyoyo
18th Jun 2007, 06:16
Lang I got asked that at my 2nd interview...something along the lines of:

"so Kmag, we have to ask you this and its not going to happen, but I have to ask you anyway; if we offered you a SO position would you take it, don't worry thou it wont happen just have to ask"

You get the drift.