PDA

View Full Version : cl44-O

Varipitch
17th Jun 2007, 14:53
As the Guppy thread has gone quiet...........
As the aircraft is close to a public road, activity is easy to spot.
Seems that at least twice-weekly, there is attendance to the aircraft although what this actually means IS unclear.
'Grapevine' says that those members of the CL44 Group who are attending its Annual Re-Union in London, will be told the latest situation but it also seems that it is impossible to get tickets for this event. I guess we'll await more positive evidencefrom other local sources.
Anyone got any other noos?

Stratofreighter
19th Jun 2007, 10:32
Indeed activity is easy to spot I heard. But there isn't much activity around "Guppy" these days! And yes, many local aviation enthusiasts do visit her daily (or even "nightly"!)...

Not sure at what times the aircraft is attended according to you but the check last saturday morning was "the only activity personaly that i have seen for about 4 weeks, and would tie in with the monthly systems check that seems to be a regular occurance..."
Another local observed: "Yesterday morning! Flaps were deployed, lights switched on, all doors opened, props pushed around, but never started - and an APU connected."
I hope the Annual Re-Union indeed will give a rather exhaustive "state of affairs"-report. This will quell the rumours...