PDA

View Full Version : Aviationexam.com??

kd2473
17th Jun 2007, 13:44
Hi guys,
Has anyone used the question banks from this outfit, and if so, how did you find them?
I'm looking at cramming through the ATPLs (converting from FAA) in as short a time as possible using mainly question banks. Obviously like the look of the Bristol site but that only seems to offer 90 days (presumably at a time? I assume I can sign up several times?) but need some handy books to take with me whilst I'm flying, and came across Aviationexam.
What does anyone think?

potkettleblack
17th Jun 2007, 15:00
I would recommend the Bristol database, it got me through for sure. Just time your run as you point out you only get 3 months access. You can roll it over and pay another 50 quid to extend. Well worth it in the whole scheme of things as far as I was concerned.

Lightheart
17th Jun 2007, 18:08
Yes, I used it and can recommend it. The Bristol one is good too but far fewer questions.

AE.com contains all the questions in the JAA database, and whilst some will never come up in the UK CAA exams it was good to see them anyway. you won't regret it.

Zürich
2nd Dec 2007, 22:46
Hi,

Does anyone try it ?

Compare to Bristol or aviationexam, do you recommand it ?

thanks for answer.

EGCC4284
3rd Dec 2007, 00:41
My mate sent me this link.

Superpilot
3rd Dec 2007, 07:04
aviationexam.com's interface might be pretty but it's bulky and I often found grammatical and spelling mistakes which gave a totally different meaning to the question. Another disadvantage is you can't work offline!

With Bristol if you have a laptop and using tabbed browsing you just launch multiple instances. Download the whole bank and take the laptop wherever you go.

billa
3rd Dec 2007, 22:13
Hi

Can anyone shed some light on Oxford ATPL Exams CD that how realistic is to actual exams. I have seen it and seemed pretty basic. But Oxford claims that its very realistic to actual database. Any comments on the Oxford Cd.