PDA

View Full Version : How/Best way to enter the Corporate world in Europe?

luftwaffe
17th Jun 2007, 05:54
Hi there
I am not 100% sure whether this thread belongs in this forum but I thought (you guys are the experts when it comes to Executive/Corporate flying :O) it is for sure worth trying as PPRuNe has always been a great source of help when I got unanswered questions floating around my mind.
After now almost 3years abroad (training + TP flying) I am about to return to Europe to do my ICAO to JAA conversion. Now this might sound strange to some fellow aviators out there but I would like to fly biz-jets :O:O:O, once done with the conversion. I’ve taken into account (at least from what I’ve read here and on other Forums) the pros and cons about the corporate world but it seems that there are a lot of pilots out there who actually love the flying, lifestyle + their environment.
Experience wise I consider myself still a low timer :( I have in excess of 1000TT, 700TP >12.500lbs , 900ME(L). Would then hold a FAA CPL / JAA fATPL .
Now I come to the more important part for me . Would I or better what chance do I stand in your opinion (pilots/experts in the corporate flying world - HELP WANTED!!!) on getting my foot into the executive world in Europe? I am flexible when it comes to base assignment + schedules, ME/Asia etc. Does it really work to get rosters such as 20on/10off or 15/15 or are those schedules only available for experienced pilots. Would actually prefer that because my family is spread all over the world!
I’ve also read that there are Corporate/charter companies who run their own flight school besides their main business. Is it an advantage to consider doing the flight training with them, they would get to know me, or is it a NO-brainer? Heard it’s very important to get in touch with the people in charge running those companies. TRUE??? Does it work like in the states that I might start cleaning their planes and if they need someone could get a break?
I need FACTS so feel free to question my plan if for example you yourself had bad experience with it!!! What would you do in my case? Flying charter initially to clock up the time?
A lot of questions but as I said PPRuNe has always provided me with valuable information and I hope you guys can give me some advice.
Appreciate your help! :ok:
Cheers