PDA

View Full Version : Asthma

Wheezy Child
17th Jun 2007, 00:55
OK, I was a good boy and did a search and found some info on asthma and cx applications. It was useful.

I was medically downgraded in the military to non fast jet aircraft and continued flying once down graded.
In civvy street I have held a Class 1 for 5 years with no restrictions.

Interview coming up and I want to be prepared for the inevitable questions regarding my asthma (or lack of it!). From my search it sounds as though its not the end of the world as long as you can prove it is not going to hinder you getting a HK medical.

I'm waiting for a letter from my doc stating that it has been no problem at all over the last 5 years.

Just wondering if anyone who has been in this situation can suggest anything else I can supply up front to help me out.

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks

W.C.

bumboclot
29th Jun 2007, 15:33
this same problem delayed me getting hired with CX for a year. if you haven't ticked that box already, DON'T. if you have, get yourself a lung function test done and show up with the results (think you need at least 75% to pass). if you tick the 'asthma' box, and if your doctors note even mentions a cold in the past 5 years this could spell trouble.

Wheezy Child
29th Jun 2007, 20:21
bumbleclot,

Please check PMs

WC