PDA

View Full Version : The ills of Gulf Air

awss2
16th Jun 2007, 10:08
Why so many threads, and why so much discontent with Gulf Air as a whole?

Simply, and these threads show it, no common vision; simply, no faith, and simply, too much talk and no substance.

But the main problem is old management from the failed Gulf Air past, making decision on behalf of Gulf Air's future, on the basis of their own failure.

There is no doubt that many are trying to make it work, but once you take destiny of one's reach, no individual sees the necessity to belong.

This is Gulf Air, living in a past that no longer matters and without any relevance to its future.:ugh:

Desert Diner
16th Jun 2007, 10:14
But the main problem is old management from the failed Gulf Air past, making decision on behalf of Gulf Air's future, on the basis of their own failure.

I thought they all went to Ethihad:ok:

commander38t
16th Jun 2007, 11:12
The mafia is still in Gulf Air, nobody wants them, even if they work for free. They only steal, they did hundreds of deals for millions of BDs for their own companies with GulfAir, guess who made the profits in these deals? Have you seen the simulator building? How about the new ops CD`s for MP`s comapy, don`t forget the useless uniform guy GM. This is how and why Gulf Air was losing.

mogley
16th Jun 2007, 12:15
Having been in GF for almost 20yrs I have seen plenty of thieves run this company & now they have finally managed to run it all the way into the ground. Congratulations guys. I really believe that GF cannot be saved. Its much better just to let her die a quite peaceful death instead of constantly bringing useless management who do nothing but pick at the bones of this dead bird.

millerscourt
16th Jun 2007, 13:40
mogley As an ex GF Captain myself who left during the period 95/97 along with 50+ colleagues mostly to SQ all the complaints such as housing,education allowances,staff travel,corruption from within are still there by all accounts.Clearly GF cannot compete with the huge pockets of Qatar,Abu Dhabi and Dubai and a little place like Bahrain cannot afford to compete with the big boys who run airlines just to keep up with the Sheiks so I think GF is in its final death throes.

Whilst serving out my notice with GF and operating AUH/LHR whilst on the tarmac in a shiny B767 ( Yes they were then!!) I had my flight taken off me by the Dr Sheik 15 mins before departure and I was told to make myself scarce in First Class ( he of heavy landing fame later on at Amsterdam I think it was) and now owner of Etihad with his family and he told me then that they would either buy GF or start their own airline which they did albeit a lot later than he suggested would happen and GF would die a natural death.

MikeHunt
16th Jun 2007, 13:46
Can I say my bit without being shot?:\

mogley
16th Jun 2007, 13:50
Miillerscourt, all very true but it is just sad to see the airline go this way. The problem is that the Bahrain goverment have no ifea what they want GF to be. So there is no real direction cos they want this little airline to be everything but are unwilling to except that it costs money. They still think that we can be a profitable airline with all that's going on around us.

mogley
16th Jun 2007, 13:53
MH, go for it

abbasghuloom
16th Jun 2007, 14:11
I worked for GF until 3 years ago, I saw it in the 80's in the glory days, and observed the decline as it went from the only and best airline in the region to one of many and the worst.

in 1984, Tim Clark told GF management that if it continued the way it had taken, it would self destroy, he was told plainly: You don't like it? F**k off!" These words will rremain on the GF epitaph.

4 years ago before I left, I witnessed the worst that could happen to GF, someone came in as manager Inflight michael somthing, who knew nothing about what he is talking about, he changed everything with the pretense of improving service and all he did is screw it.

Everyone knows in Bahrain what goes on in GF, the whorring the pimping the stealing and everyone knows who is involved, what shocks me is that the good people left and only the incompetent stayed. These managers only keep the poor bahrainis because they know no better and they can do anything they want with them.

This new management I don't know them, but it does not look good.

Why should a Bahraini not get what he wants when all these years he has rarely been made responsible for this failure, is it his mistake?

I don't know what to say really it's just sad! and all f*ked up!

MikeHunt
16th Jun 2007, 14:16
Last week I made a statement about certain people in Gulf Air.

I was shot down for mentioning names....

Now what is the point of lambasting me when we all share the same problems and suffer the consequences of their mismanagement?

Everyone knows who are the problem of this airline, crouching over contracts at the detriment of the employees.

Carry on Gulf Air, carry on, your days a re numbered.

Al Fakhem Snr.
16th Jun 2007, 23:18
Don't let anyone stop you Mike H, that's what pprune is for, if they don't hear you else where, say it here, not that it will garantee anything will happen.:suspect:

Cloud99
17th Jun 2007, 00:01
Something tells me the end will come...but like most things in GF ...it will happen over a period of time. ...which is what it does not have.

Think they have to make some tough decisions and that includes finally naming names and saying good bye , at last , to a lot of people who have been stealing from the airline ; that includes people clocking in to have a day at the mall and clock out before going home ....early every day !!.

If not, Gulf Air , sadly will have to shut down !!!

awss2
17th Jun 2007, 07:39
Unfortunately, this management has shown how weak it was by not doing just that from themoment they arrived. On top of that, they have slid into comfort mode, putting the perks of the position ahead off the hard decisions to rid themselves of the corruption. So are they part of it?

Fay Jinah
17th Jun 2007, 07:45
What kind of a name this team will make itself in their failure?

It's amazing that they even accepted the job if it is only to scud the airline, that is the only thing I see happening.:(

GAGing in Bahrain
17th Jun 2007, 09:14
The bloggers are on-board! Priceless:E
http://silverbahrain.********.co*/2007/06/gulf-air-showing-signs-of-intelligence.html (http://silverbahrain.*************/2007/06/gulf-air-showing-signs-of-intelligence.html)

abbasghuloom
17th Jun 2007, 11:09
The attitude in Bahrain is: F**k you Gulf Air.:suspect:

I doubt it is any better anywhere else in the Gulf.

gulfair_sexy
17th Jun 2007, 12:40
Hi every one........people talks too much here.........gulf air will go on....no one will stop it..........but we have to leave...........Bro.... as i said .......either like it or leave it.......the aviation world is big enough....find your way some where else.....keep scanning......Pls stop talking in bad manner about the gulf....at the end they host you......

GAGing in Bahrain
17th Jun 2007, 12:48
Well said sexy! :ok: I may gripe about the hand :ugh: that feeds me but I refuse to bite it.:}

Fay Jinah
17th Jun 2007, 12:49
yes and so?

What's the forum for?

So that we keep quiet and wait for your cretinous remarks?

Gulf Air sexy, the handle says it all, just be sexy and shut up, when it comes to real issues we just let them ride over our head.

Get a life!

gulfair_sexy
17th Jun 2007, 12:53
Dear...no one accept others to ride over him...and no one asked you to keep quiet.......but we ask for respect bro............we all know what going on, so do not take a chance to let some one ride over you......as said either take it or leave it...GF will go on even with out us......so RELAX BRO:ok:

Fay Jinah
17th Jun 2007, 12:57
I ain't no bro... sista!

Ok let's speak about how beeeautifuul Bahrain is then shall we?

Will that make yo happy sista?:yuk:

gulfair_sexy
17th Jun 2007, 13:00
Ok SIS........start......and we all listen to you.....again GF will go on with you this time....either take it or leave it.......aviation world is big enough SIS:8

old,not bold
17th Jun 2007, 18:23
Quote from the first post

But the main problem is old management from the failed Gulf Air past,

Well, boys and girls, once upon a time Gulf had a very successful past, although that has now disappeared into the history books.

The reason it was successful then is that those of us who worked in Gulf had a vision of what we wanted to achieve, and we got on with the job without griping, in spite of some challenging conditions and upsets.

I read these threads about Gulf Air with disbelief at the moronic mindsets of most of the contributions. None of you would have lasted 3 minutes in the really old, pioneering, Gulf Air before being slung out.

The airline still has the potential to be very good. But it is going to be brought down by its staff regardless of what its shareholders do, as far as I can tell if these threads indicate a general attitude (which may well not be the case) and you all richly deserve the consequences.

trend900
17th Jun 2007, 22:02
:ok::D I totally agree to Old and bold. :sad:. It is the GF who gave your familys food all this years and if you dont wanna stay here stop wasting your time on this website and just get lost. Go to your dream airlines if you can :=:=:= but while doing it show some respect to the others who wants to stay here. :suspect:

Regardles of what you :mad::mad:monkeys think there is still hope for GF.

Fay Jinah
18th Jun 2007, 03:43
Trend 900 and Old but not bold,

Thanks to attitudes like yours, complacency has settled into this airline and now everything goes.

You accept that corruption carries on, the reputation of your crew and the reputattion the airline has made itself.

Need I say more?:sad:

sirwa69
18th Jun 2007, 07:07
OK, to all of you waiting in eager anticipation of Gulf Air's demise, forget it :mad:
Gulf Air is not going to go out of business. That is the complete position of the Crown Prince and the Bahrain Government. Bahrain cannot afford for Gulf Air to collapse. If the other Gulf states can run uncompetative airlines by pumping cash into them them that is what the Bahrain Gov will also have to do.
Just remember that the CP said that Bahrain was going to have a Grand Prix and the naysayers came out in force and were spectacularly disproved. Well the CP has stated that Bahrain needs Gulf Air, I aint gonna dispute his words. :p:p
On On

Gonzola
18th Jun 2007, 10:23
What about chartering planes from Gulf Air, do they fly for any other charter companys from Europe. Where is the staff from.....European or Middle East?

Desert_Storm
20th Jun 2007, 18:47
Sure buddy, same thoughts were on Pan American, TWA, Eastern, Braniff International, Swiss Air, Sabena, Viasa, Varig, Aerolineas Argentinas, Lloyd Aero Boliviano, Ladeco, Aces Colombia, etc, etc, etc. They all (management and in some particular cases, crewmembers) thought their companies were never going to be out of the market, werenŽt they? but it turned out to be all the way around and now all of them are way out of the market for long time now and let me tell you, IŽm talking about companies way more powerful than GF (Pan Am, Eastern, TWA, etc) with more money and capacity. Really admire guys like you but also think you all are very naive and stupid but weŽll have fun when the s:mad:t hits the fan and see you drowning altogether with the titanic (GF). Never stop believing but think youŽll lose your chance in other companies for being naive. Say hi to AD and BN. :}

Desertia
25th Jun 2007, 14:09
Sorry to bring up the Income Tax again, but if the Royals can't afford to pay dole money, who says they are going to be happy chucking money down the perpetually flushing Gulf Air toilet?