PDA

View Full Version : Real hours???

expedite08
15th Jun 2007, 17:55
I am currently doing my hour building at the moment and have noticed that a fair few people around me seem to build hours an awful lot quicker than me, it seems to be taking forever for me to get them in!!

My question is this, are all these hours that people do authentic?? For those of us that are honest to the minute in our log books it seems to be a bit frustrating. It must be happening all the time, people faking hours!

Is adding time to an actual flight seen as forging hours? Ie taxi time, or (ill add a few more minutes on to that one!!)

Surly they must get caught! ??

wbryce
15th Jun 2007, 18:05
Maybe they're just flying more hours than you? Logging false hours only cheats you from gaining necessary experience.

bluepeely
15th Jun 2007, 20:53
Logging hours that are false is a criminal offence. Is it worth getting caught and never landing a job for 10 mins extra????

Luke SkyToddler
15th Jun 2007, 21:03
Is adding time to an actual flight seen as forging hours? Ie taxi time

You can log your taxi time, in fact you have to log your taxi time. The legal definition of flight time is from chocks off to chocks on.

If you're not doing that, it might explain why everyone else is getting more hours?

ckthepilot
15th Jun 2007, 23:44
When your wheels are rolling, thats when flight logging starts. Not when you're up in the air. If you have to wake for big jets to take off first and then have to wait for wake up turbulence, that still count towards your flight time even though you've been holding short for 30 mins.

smith
16th Jun 2007, 00:31
In some training schools the hobbs meter starts when the master is switched on, if I'm paying for it, I'm sure as hell logging it.

Cpt. Relax
16th Jun 2007, 11:45
" hobbs meter "

Thats the time you log...

BlueRobin
16th Jun 2007, 13:23
The legal definition (though I can't find the reference) is that you log the time from brakes off to brakes on with the intention of commencing a flight.

So logging taxy time refuelling your club's aircraft is out (and I knew someone though very well-off who did this toward his hour-building)