View Full Version : Route analysis

Morbid
15th Jun 2007, 09:50
Hi All,

Obviously this is a very subjective activity and is based at times on "projections" however I would be interested to know if there are any materials out there offering an introduction into the philosophy or pertinent factors to be considered in route selection? Maybe even a cheklist of influences?

This is for a study relating to a small regional airport in Europe on behalf of a national aviation authority, this is not to analyize potential routes for an airline or airport business plan rather identification of factors that could influence potential airline services. Think of this as being similar to a university thesis or something along those lines. For example I would envisage a paragraph along the lines of: "The prescence of major companies can drive demand for air travel. The fact that companies x, y & z have bases nearby increases the likelyhood of demand for connections to major european business centers..." via PM I can disclose a little more incluiding a corperate email address.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice,

Cheers,

The happy one!