View Full Version : SAX merge with SAA

High-wing
4th Jun 2001, 08:49
How close are SA Express and SAA ?
Well I'm a tad confused, I was at a braai this weekend and one of the guys who just recently got into SAA told me this :
He was sitting next to some SAA bigshot and idle conversation brewed. Being at SAX recently he was asked how things were at the company,(I just need to mention at this point that the SAA heavy was ex-SAX management), so my source remarked that things were a little rough with the salary negotiations etc. Well the next comment from the spoories bigshot had me quite interested to say the least...he said "Don't worry, WE are taking care of it !"
So 'WE' being SAA management a presume.
My question is, just how far is SAA willing to intervene in the running and management of SAX ? How much of clout does Transnet have in both companies ? And the million dollar question- will SAA and SAX ever merge ??

The Claw
5th Jun 2001, 22:02
SAX and SAA are as thick as thieves, in more ways than one. Rumours of a merger have been going on for years. I don't see it happening however. Type of operation, salary difference etc. More likely to see SAX and SA Airlink merge. Thats just my opinion however.