PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan returns to CYHM with engine problem

rotornut
14th Jun 2007, 14:19
Engine problems prompt jet to make emergency landing in Hamilton

CanWest News Service
Published: Thursday, June 14, 2007
A Flyglobespan passenger jet that left Hamilton (Ontario) on Tuesday with 171 passengers bound for Scotland quickly returned to the city's airport for an emergency landing after the pilot reported engine problems. "Everyone was upset, but nobody was hurt," said Stephen Elmy, manager of North American operations for Flyglobespan -- a low-cost airline based in Edinburgh, Scotland. "There was a normal landing under the plane's own power." Mr. Elmy said efforts are underway to determine what caused the engine problem after the plane left Hamilton just after 9 p.m. It is the second incident involving a Flyglobespan 757 at the airport. Earlier this month a Flyglobespan jet returned to Hamilton's airport because of reported Engine Problems.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
14th Jun 2007, 19:28
"There was a normal landing under the plane's own power."

What other power can you use to make a landing???

Two's in
14th Jun 2007, 23:58

Potential Energy and Gravity will always get you to the ground, however high you start.

armada
15th Jun 2007, 02:12
I understand that at YVR they have had sked issues from the get-go.
Many unhappy pax. Makes you wonder how long they will last. Loads?
:ouch:

wombat13
15th Jun 2007, 07:21
I don't want to sound (too) dim, but what are "sked issues"?

The Wombat

Down Three Greens
15th Jun 2007, 10:20
schedule????

PaperTiger
15th Jun 2007, 15:25
I don't want to sound (too) dim, but what are "sked issues"?Spokespersontalk for always f:mad:ing late.

dfish
15th Jun 2007, 20:29
I saw this story on the news last night. I could'nt believe the spin they put on it, saying that discount airlines are not as safe as the regular carriers. They mentioned that another flight had to turn back last week, without explaining why, then showed pictures of the Air Transat aircraft that landed so hard it buckled the fuselage. The last line in the story was, "you get what you pay for". I'd like to see stats on engine fires comparing discount airlines versus the majors.

Dave F.

gumbi
17th Jun 2007, 04:40
''then showed pictures of the Air Transat aircraft that landed so hard it buckled the fuselage.''

Wasn't it a Skyservice 767 perhaps?

r3500vdp
17th Jun 2007, 13:17
Engine replacement brought in yesterday (16/06) by Focus Air.

dfish
17th Jun 2007, 21:54
Gumbi, you may be right, my mistake.

Dave F.

Luckyguy
18th Jun 2007, 08:10
Said aircraft was in Globespan colours but sub-contract flight operated by Icelandair. Globespan operating the schedule themselves at the moment. As previously said, ECU brought into Hamilton on 16th and should be up and running by 19th/20th.
Yes, it happened twice....... yes, they dealt with the situation twice.
Move along folks..... nothing to see here !

As for CYVR..... yep, right again. Issues with OTP to start with due tech problems, running pretty well to schedule after slow start.
Move along folks..... nothing to see here either !

:ok:

TimV
18th Jun 2007, 12:03
"Quote:
Potential Energy and Gravity will always get you to the ground, however high you start."

Maybe the journo was suggesting that the lo-cos have pedals fitted for the passengers?