PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Base EGAA?

Sqdn Ldr Weather
28th Jun 2001, 17:51
My spies tell me that there is an awful ot of attention in BFS this week by those people from LTN.

It seems, they are talking to locally based pilots about the possibility of a BFS Base starting-up. EZY plan to have 20 odd flights a day from/to BFS in early September and I reckon the airplanes won't drive themselves - so when is it going to happen?

Anyone know anymore? Some of us cannot wait to find an alternative to the same old **** we have had to put with from the current mortgage payer.

Come on Easyboys tell us more!

Yours, anticipatingly, Wx.

keepitlit
28th Jun 2001, 21:40
Did you not see the advert in Flight for Easy based pilots for BFS I think it was about a month ago

Good Luck

Rdgs K.I.L. :) :) :)

twinjet
28th Jun 2001, 21:54
dont hold your breath sqn ldr, we recruited Dutch pilots years ago for an AMS base and Scottish pilots for EDI/GLA bases but they are all still in LTN!!!Be very wary of what is on offer as they will tell you anything at interview to get you to join.

nice_beaver
28th Jun 2001, 23:00
Line pilots always the last to know but with increasing flights, a plan which has 3 a/c nightstopping BFS and a circular asking if anyone would have a preference for a BFS base I think i would apply now - nothing to lose!

dwlpl
28th Jun 2001, 23:45
One of the night stopping easyJet 737's flies to Liverpool 0630/0720 daily from Belfsat to operate a series of flights throughout the day and returns to Belfast every night.

Sqdn Ldr Weather
29th Jun 2001, 00:17
Many thanks for that fellas, it gives me hope that something is really going to happen soon, after all they cannot park all of those new airplanes in LTN can they?

I am getting my marker down, more info appreciated. Wx.

Bono Vox
29th Jun 2001, 04:31
Not much room for too many more at Aldergrove either!

Captain Mainwaring
29th Jun 2001, 12:14
It would be nice if it were true. However, my gut feeling is this is Stelios keeping up the 'we are expanding our fleet and recruiting heavily' bollocks when in reality they are hiring very few and the aircraft are replacements. Watch out for a dumping of more shares before Stelios f*cks off to play with Daddy's ships.

BavarianBoy
29th Jun 2001, 19:57
If Easy open a base at EGAA what are the chances of it staying open? Have heard that most of EGAC BRAl and BE have registered interest but my guess is that they will not trust the stability and most will not go. however, that is only an opinion, I may be wrong!!
Hope it is true, the more pilots required the better for all the industry... until the bubble bursts that is!

Macman
29th Jun 2001, 21:34
Captain Mainwaring,

Please tell us more....what's all this dumping of shares about? (No I don't read the FT before someone asks)

FlapsOne
30th Jun 2001, 13:25
Captain Mainwaring

The fleet is being increases to 44 aircraft. All the new 737-700s have been ordered. 3 -700s already on-line, 2 more this month, 3 further this year. Over the next 2 years only 4 or 6 (not sure which) Old Generation -300s going. No share being dumped.

So, other than nothing, which part of your posting was remotely accurate?

PAXboy
30th Jun 2001, 16:02
I am a regular on EZY and have watched the expansion with concern from a different direction.

Is he expanding too fast?

It is, I suggest, very strange for a low cost airline to buy new out-of-the-box machines. I would expect the NG machines to have lower operating costs but buying something like 20(?) of them?? Obviously, it may be that the second hand market for 737 -300, -400 may not be that much better than brand new.

If he is trying to head off other operators from expanding by nailing the routes first - he will need some very good financial managers. If the economy turns down, then he might lose the lot, rather than just a few routes.

I hope not.

------------------
A window seat on the sunny side of the aircraft, please!

Gypsy
1st Jul 2001, 11:02
Capt Mainwaring doesn't have a clue about what he is talking about.

Also if there is an ecoonmonic downturn, then even more people will want to travel low cost - the big losers will be the airlines that can't provide that service whilst still making a profit. Such a situation may well beenfit the successful low cost operators like Easy and Ryanair.

Mad Max
2nd Jul 2001, 00:58
Capt Mainwaring knows diddly squat. Flaps One is very nearly exactly correct, except that maybe not all (or none) of the Classic EFIS a/c may be sold.... watch this space.

A desirable prospect though it is, the fleet needs to expand and it may be that this will include keeping some or all of the older generation a/c a while longer.

Toodle pip, Max. :) :) :)

MarkD
2nd Jul 2001, 01:17
PAXboy,

remember Ryanair's kit is pretty new too [mostly -800's isn't it] - it all hangs on the deal you cut with Boeing...

southern softy
2nd Jul 2001, 01:33
capt man,

"Who do you think you are kidding"

ss. !!