PDA

View Full Version : A Pad with a Pad?

movin' up
13th Jun 2007, 23:15
How long before the noise complaints close it down?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/tayside_and_central/6747785.stm

Head Turner
14th Jun 2007, 11:14
I read somewhere that this pad was for the local air ambulance. Is this not so?

scooter boy
14th Jun 2007, 14:16
What they don't say is that it will be an R22!

What happens if 2 people want it at once? A caber tossing contest to decide the winner?

Is it like the rest of Scotland where it hardly ever rains at all ever and VFR helicopter ops are usually possible on almost every day of the year?

Amazing what the real estate guys will promise to sell a house - be interesting to see what really materialises.

Yours cynically

SB

Chukkablade
14th Jun 2007, 15:36
What they don't say is that it will be an R22!

Lothian Helicopters run a Jetranger actually.

What happens if 2 people want it at once? A caber tossing contest to decide the winner?

About as likely as a Morris Dancing dance off in England to decide a parking space.

Is it like the rest of Scotland where it hardly ever rains at all ever and VFR helicopter ops are usually possible on almost every day of the year?

I managed 60 hours over last winter of legal VFR flying. Seems like a lot more than the usual whinge brigade on here.

Amazing what the real estate guys will promise to sell a house - be interesting to see what really materialises.

At last, something in this post thats not bollocks.

Yours cynically

And grossly under informed, bordering on idioticly racist.

SB

Chukka

scooter boy
14th Jun 2007, 16:08
Chukkablade,
My previous post on another thread obviously upset you, hence the attack on this post.

I have lived in Scotland for 8 years of my adult life and know the (often ****e) weather there very well.
I am happy that you got 60hrs of flying in last winter - good for you.
My weather nuance was about the practicality of a VFR transport service in the central belt.
My father is Scottish, I have a lot of Scottish friends and a Scottish surname and I am not a racist in any shape or form.

The R22 thing is what is known as a joke.

For you to take offense at my post is absurd - Get over yourself!

SB

Chukkablade
14th Jun 2007, 16:14
Forms are a little like text messages SB. Easily misinterpreted.

However, post like a ****, and you'll oft be taken for one. Simple as.

One should not have to know your life history to interpret your post. Can you get over that?

Cheers. All friends again? Clean sheet and all that?

Chukka.

PPRuNe Radar
14th Jun 2007, 17:09
I read somewhere that this pad was for the local air ambulance. Is this not so?

The 'local' air ambulance is based in Glasgow. Can't see any need for a housing scheme to have its own one. :ok:

As it's a rural area there are plenty of open spaces for crews to use if needs arise.

helipixman
19th Jun 2007, 21:59
I suggest when answering a thread you do some research first....

Lothian operate two Longrangers... not Jetrangers... a small clue they are longer hence the name and seat 6 pax so no need for the caber tossing

Helipixman

Bravo73
20th Jun 2007, 08:00
re VFR helicopters in Scotland.

FYI, PDG seem to run a successful business across Scotland primarily using VFR helicopters.

helicopter-redeye
20th Jun 2007, 08:54
I guess the caber tossing will not be required when people realise that their daily commute to/ from work (by helicopter) will cost them about £200/ day (£1000/ week: £48,000/ year; £240,000/ 5 years living on the highly contaminated brownfield site) and for the money thus saved they could live in a nice town house in town and have a croft in the country too (or an R22)

h-r;)

PS, where will the commuter helicopter land at the other end? Not that many helipads around in work areas so add landing fees and cost of taxi to the overall business case.

NB< just being realistic.

Chukkablade
20th Jun 2007, 12:54
Not wrong on the Brownfield site comment. I went to look at the houses they are building at Dollar a few months ago. Middle of no-where commute wise, and starting at £650,000 and going up past the £1,000,000 mark.

Having a laugh and no mistake. Thats Southern England, on the coast type money. Not in a low wage part of Scotland type money.

I see they remain unsold. It'd take more than a heli service to shift those!

Bubble anyone?:}

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2007, 16:29
About as likely as a Morris Dancing dance off in England to decide a parking space.

You've obviously never been to Sheringham in the height of summer then?! :}

Cheers

Whirls