PDA

View Full Version : PPL Kits etc.

flyboyweeksy
13th Jun 2007, 19:08
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site, am currently undergoing my PPL and looking for a PPL kit or ways of building/getting all the materials for my PPL course? Any ideas on stockists etc. As Transair look quite expensive or is that the going rate? Any ideas would be much appreciated. :cool:

maxdrypower
13th Jun 2007, 19:19
pretty much the going rate matey give or take a few quid . Flying schools tend to be a little bit more inflated than them though . If you cant beg borrow or steal the books try ebay I got my crp1 and headset from there . Dont buy a kneeboard goto office world or staples and get and a4 clipboard and a few crocodile clips buy or printout some vfr nav plogs and bingo a kneeboard for about five quid . Just put in vfr plog on tinternet and there are plenty of sites that have them just print them out .
Jyts depends how brassic you are . I think you get a little bit off if you buy the ppl starter kit everything you need is there . Seems like a lot of money at first but when youve got it youve got it

flyboyweeksy
13th Jun 2007, 20:01
many thanks chap. wasnt sure if i was missing anything or not looking in the right places. not fussed about paying out, just thought there maybe some inside information about cheap deals etc. :)

maxdrypower
13th Jun 2007, 20:03
no probs matey , welcome to the world of aviation , nothing is cheap