PDA

View Full Version : Chc Abz S92

NorthSeaTiger
13th Jun 2007, 18:19
Read in the P + J today about safety concerns over this a/c from the people flying in it and that CHC are having meetings with Sikorsky today. Has there been an incident to cite this ? or is it just generally due to the servicability rate of the a/c ?
http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149235&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149218&contentPK=17550625&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

HeliComparator
13th Jun 2007, 18:58
I did look out of the window today to see an S92 taxying in surrounded by fire engines. If I had my camera I would have posted a pic with a caption like "another routine day for the S92 fleet" but I missed the opportunity:{

Seriously though it is normal for the big companies to have routine meetings with EC and SK so one wonders where the papers get their "it is understood..." line from.

HC

NorthSeaTiger
13th Jun 2007, 19:10
So was that a CHC 92 today with fire engines ? G-CHCK ? What time did this occur ? Any news on what the problem was ?

Limpopo
13th Jun 2007, 20:24
Evidently had a tail rotor servo warning come up, but crew believed it was a "software problem" rather than the servo playing up.

With regard to CHC and their on-going problems with the S92, why has the Danish machine been sat outside CHC since the weekend? It arrived almost a week ago and other than one visit to the hangars it appears to have done nothing else. Are the Danes not liking the machine now?

Impress to inflate
15th Jun 2007, 09:23
Parking fines not paid

gasax
15th Jun 2007, 09:37
Well CHCK was wandering around the Howe of the Mearns last night. Test flight after the alert?

Nice looking chopper in flight though.

Inverted81
15th Jun 2007, 15:03
G-CGMU at blackpool on its way to ABZ,

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=34;t=33488;st=0;r=1;&#entry433114

i believe its with scotia now at ABZ, haven't seen it creep out the hangar yet tho....