PDA

View Full Version : ATPL-H Manuals or Question Banks

pinho_fap
13th Jun 2007, 16:27
Hello,

I am finding it hard to find good study material for Performance and Operational Procedures for my ATPL-H theoretical exams, and I'd like to know if someone can give me info on some good manuals to study, or if there are any question banks available.

Thanks

Pinho

BHenderson
14th Jun 2007, 16:19
Try http://www.bristol.gs/ for the manuals and online question bank. The question bank comes highly recommended by UK pilots, but couldn't comment myself as I have never used their materials.

Pace152
15th Jun 2007, 11:40
I'm currently doing the 2nd MOD with Bristol and their books are top notch :)

Also the QB is very useful.

Whirlygig
15th Jun 2007, 11:49
Pinho,

are you studying for JAA ATPL? If so, you should be registered with a ground school and they will provide you with the study manuals that you require. However, the Jeppesen ATPL manuals are available to buy individually as are, I think, the Oxford notes. However, I suspect these may be fixed wing based (as are most of the exams).

In the UK, there isn't a Helicopter performance exam at ATPL so I can't comment there.

Cheers

Whirls

spiritbabe30
15th Jun 2007, 12:05
hi, im cadet pilot from MAS n hv cleared all d papers. Regarding d Performance A, i tink d best way is 2 master d whole CAP 185 n practice more on d procedures concern. On d other hand, theory questions r equally important as it carry 5marks 4 each question. Hope det my opinion works 4 newbee.

JUST-local
15th Jun 2007, 12:17
As Whirlygig has already stated there is no performance for the rotary atpl's. However you will find that some performance knowledge is required and it overlaps into the other subjects. The only example I can think of was the aquaplaning formula of rotating/non-rotating tyres, this came up in the Operational Procedures paper I sat. There were others, have a look on the question banks which are available they are an invaluable training aid AFTER you have ready the study material.

Good Luck...........