PDA

View Full Version : Spice Jet goof up at IGIA

airborneforever
13th Jun 2007, 11:49
A Spice Jet NG landed on the RWY 09(sec rwy) instead of RWY 10(pry rwy) at IGIA yesterday!!:eek:

any lowdown on that?
again the fault of a fresh 250 hour fo?:confused:
Cheers,
Airborneforever.

p.s. Mr. Dhillon your comments would be appreciated

ironbutt57
13th Jun 2007, 12:21
A crew is just that a crew it all rests with the capt, but IF the crew are at fault...who knows at this stage....then the crew are at fault with the capt being the responsible manager..

PPRuNe Towers
13th Jun 2007, 12:24
errr, would that be the 250 effo who's not allowed to land until after the 300 hour check?

Rob

sec 3
13th Jun 2007, 15:52
Typical ozzie attitude there airborne. You won't have such a big yap when something like that happens to you. Everybody loves a " know it all":bored:

NGFellow
14th Jun 2007, 02:41
It made the Indian papers and its on google if you want the media's version of it. Give the crew and ATC due process before jumping to conclusions. Experienced crews have and will land on the wrong runway from time to time. Heck some have landed at the wrong airport. Continental Airlines B757 landed on a taxiway in Newark (KEWR) a few months back. I am sure Spicejet and the DGCA will investigate the circumstances leading to the incident. Not sure of the Delhi layout and whether both runways had ILS approaches. Rwy 09/10 seem awfully close. Hope they dont throw the book at the crew.

airborneforever
14th Jun 2007, 10:49
sec 3
i am not trying to be sarcastic or make fun of any one.
all i am saying is that could it be that the indian fo visually chose the wrong rwy and told his capt who was most probably an expat.has happened before,so its no great shakes!
and dont worry when i have to point out something i think should not have heppened i shall do it openly notwithstanding nationality or which carrier you come from!
cheers,
airborneforever

Nevrekar
14th Jun 2007, 23:29
Runway 09 has a VOR approach with an inbound course of 101 degrees.

Runway 10 has an ILS with and inbound course of 104 degrees.

Delhi leaves runway lights on for both runways even though 09 may not be the active runway in use. At least they had them on last evening. Generally speaking the active runway should be the only runway with lights on. This minimizes confusion especially when visibility is restricted due to dust and haze.

As they say, even the flattest pancake has two sides. Allow the appropriate agencies to investigate before passing judgement.

NGFellow
15th Jun 2007, 02:38
Today's paper states that JetAirways & Kingfisher are looking to buy a stake in Spicejet. That should make it interesting. Jet would be more suited just because of same fleet vs Airbus issues with Kingfisher.
Hope you contract guys don't get shafted if a deal goes through. It could happen relatively soon if you look at the Deccan/Kingfisher deal. Everyone keeps saying NO NO and all of a sudden there it is! Gopinath said something to the effect of he was from Mars & Mallya was from Venus. The merger was not possible. And now Mar & Venus are in bed together!!!

airborneforever
15th Jun 2007, 08:53
that is quite true.
kingfisher would make more sense if they go for an airbus fleet like indigo.
anyways this is india and consolidation is going to be good for the operators.
any idea on when spice is going to order any more planes at all?