PDA

View Full Version : Geez this place can get to you!

ernestkgann
13th Jun 2007, 08:43
The link to aviation is tenuous at best but I'm using it as a release, so pardon my self indulgence, please mod it to death if you desire 4HP. You go to Emirates Group HQ to do some admin. It's a mission I don't often undertake but the company has requirements so ultimately you've just gotta go. Instead of the highway of carnage and the carpark bridge you try Makka's bridge instead. Unfortunately a lot of parking there as well. A taxi locks everything up and almost kills you. Nice people cut you up all over the joint. You get to the place that you always turn but there is some roadworks for a change and you end up in the city centre car park, good for a spot of shopping. But that wasn't the plan so on on and meander via a special route to the target. Funnily enough no car parks, people double parked everywhere. Cars going both directions, a 4wd leaves a big black mark on the side of mine and hits the mirror. Good one. Another fella gives me a strange signal with his hand and wants to park in a park where there isn't one. He tries, he fails. Honk honk. The truck behind me wants to turn right into the imaginary space there but I can't move into the imaginary space in front of me. Honk, honk. Please stop that kind sir I say. There are no spots so I figure I'll park on a bit of pavement near a row of cars already parked. Buy the ticket. Admin goes well. 15 mins later I'm out. Sweet! Too good to be true. The parking nazi had arrived 7 mins ago. 200 dids down. Another day in paradise!

jinglied
13th Jun 2007, 09:38
Sounds like a VERY typical day in DOO-BYE.

Jinglie'd

Fart Master
13th Jun 2007, 13:06
1st post = Dubai.:ugh:

Simple as that:ugh: