PDA

View Full Version : Skystar Airways, beware

Bushflier
12th Jun 2007, 16:20
For everyone's benefit here are some observations on this new charter operator in Bangkok: They will promise you, by email or telephone certain conditions in order to get you to BKK. You get there at your own expense.
Once you get there, the promises change.
About 6 different persons are involved in recruitment, and they dont seem to have a set of definite conditions. When you show up and find out that the package is not as advertised, they say 'Oh, A.S. or J.M. was not authorised to offer you this.
My advice to anyone interested in joining is; get a signed contract sent to you before flying yourself to BKK. Just happened to me. I said no, thanks

Rangas
1st Jul 2007, 23:14
Thanks for the heads up!
Could you be more specific on the terms that changed from the email offer to the offer that they represented in Bangkok? There was an add in the flight international not too long ago..
Pay varies according to experience:
Captain up to $ 7500 / mth US
FO between $4500 and $6000 / mth US
+ $1000 for Line Training Captain
Hourly rate over 90 hours per month
Per Diem for overnights
Is there something else one should know about the contract?
Thinking about applying there myself..

Bushflier
5th Jul 2007, 01:27
Hello Rangas,

You could PM me. I can be more specific than here. Cheers

B767Longhaul
10th Oct 2007, 05:38
Yes, I know what you mean.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=295179

Dreamshiner
10th Oct 2007, 09:47
To be fair, I've experienced a bit of hassle from JM with respect to positions with Skystar.

What I took from it was he was unwilling to be the harbinger of bad news, very much ostrich sticking its head in the sand approach to things. If I ignore it, it'll go away.

Not ideal for someone in his position.

piratepete
10th Oct 2007, 12:12
Dreamliner, JM quite rightly screens new hires carefully.Some have not come up to scratch.This includes b767longhaul and others.They dont like the bad news.If you have been in this category, PM me and ill tell you why.Every airline that I know does the same, thats life, get over it and move on.

Dreamshiner
10th Oct 2007, 12:26
JM had all the information relating to me in abundance, if I'm honest he left me hanging and dodged contacting me.

What you have to realise Pete is messing people around when it comes to livelihood and the dignity of having a job just because you would rather avoid making those decision and telling people the bad news. Its not the conduct befitting someone who is the bridge between the execs and the pilots.

Yes, 767Longhaul went a bit OTT, but to be fair, he just paid for an expensive flight, was under the impression he was being hired, he is pissed, the move to go to Thailand is a big life changing and financial decision. Granted he should have maybe insisted on a contract upfront as bushflier pointed out, no excuse for doing your homework, but we do tend to believe there is a degree of integrity when someone in a certain position with a reputable company puts something on the table.

However, you can't deny there is a commonality from various sources questioning JM conduct and behaviour.

Just because you may have a good working relationship does not mean it goes for everyone who has interacted with this person.

piratepete
10th Oct 2007, 14:43
DS, as I said PM me and ill fill you in.Its pretty much cut and dried why Longhaul was not accepted and JM had nothing to do with it.Dont know your case but PM me and ill let you know.Pete.

Dreamshiner
10th Oct 2007, 15:43
The option to PM you is not in the drop down menu buddy.

B767Longhaul
13th Oct 2007, 01:24
I had a contract , it had yet to be signed, but "was" sent to me, along with a confirmed job offer to join. This was after numerous other emails and several phone conversations. There are some that say otherwise, what do they know,, absolutely nothing. Perhaps it's for the best that things went the way that they did. But this doesn't change the facts as they transpired. Those that drink with "The Ostrich" http://www.flickr.com/photos/62443060@N00/33478046/ should not be personally offended if individuals that experienced a financial loss or expense , time lost, ect,,, go after him and post about their experience with the management of Skystar on this site.
After all, isn't that what this forum was created for ? So that others may gain from your experience, bad or good.

AAIGUY
13th Oct 2007, 04:10
signed contracts mean very little in these sorts of expat jobs anyway